Tangled (aka Rapunzel) Discussion - Part III

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Sorry to double post, but I thought this was very funny ....

On the new UK Tangled website, the header for the website, and the tab is ....

Wait for it .....

Rapunzel : Official UK Disney Tangled Website

:lol:

Oh disney .... MAKE YOUR MINDS UP !
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

You're both kinda right but kinda wrong. I've had a few friends who "hung out with some of the characters". (they actors aren't supposed to say they play the characters, if they talk about being a character they're supposed to say they are friends with or hang out with them.) Before they are allowed in public as the characters the actors have to undergo a huge training course. From what I understand it's kind of like a college level course on the character they are playing. All in all, none of the characters act too much like their counterparts in the films either. The actors must pass the course 100% before they are allowed to interact with the public. Some things they must learn are specific answer to certain questions, posture, the characters signature must be the same, pitch of voice, personality, and so on. I was told once that if you take the final test 3 times and fail you are either assigned a new character or you are let go.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Well, I would assume they would have seen clips or other assorted bits to help get into character and be familiar with the story. I've seen photos on DeviantArt of the Flynn actor giving the smoulder. And in the iPad video posted some pages back, Rapunzel refers to Mother Gothel by name and Flynn even mentions something about a castle and a kingdom (much like in the trailer).

So, I assume they're given some sort of direction. Also, remember last year where the actors performed the Princess and the Frog jubilee. I'm sure they had likely listened to the songs beforehand, since they had to lip-sync to them.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
stitchje1981
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stitchje1981 »

singerguy04 wrote:You're both kinda right but kinda wrong. I've had a few friends who "hung out with some of the characters". (they actors aren't supposed to say they play the characters, if they talk about being a character they're supposed to say they are friends with or hang out with them.) Before they are allowed in public as the characters the actors have to undergo a huge training course. From what I understand it's kind of like a college level course on the character they are playing. All in all, none of the characters act too much like their counterparts in the films either. The actors must pass the course 100% before they are allowed to interact with the public. Some things they must learn are specific answer to certain questions, posture, the characters signature must be the same, pitch of voice, personality, and so on. I was told once that if you take the final test 3 times and fail you are either assigned a new character or you are let go.
Well there you go!
Thanks for the info singerguy04 :)
Although I can understand they have to pass a test, but 100% isn't that a bit hard?
I've worked a little while ( when I just started to work, it wasn't my best choice) in a call center for a mobile operator here in Beglium. Same thing you get trained, they put their time and money in you and when you got 80% on the final test you were hired ( in dutch AND french), if not you got fired after even 1 test! And more then half of it didn't get the job, so to get 100% would be really tough I think
Mobje
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mobje »

Image Image
Mobje
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mobje »

German poster
akhenaten
Anniversary Edition

Re: I am NOT a troll!

Post by akhenaten »

JustOneBite87 wrote:
stitchje1981 wrote:
:lol: What kind of letters do you get???? :lol:
hahaha

I've never heard of that one and no, no need on sending it to me :D

Never order anything from Malaysian-based websites, no matter how good the deal is. Why?...because along with a great discount you will get a ton of uber-creepy Spam, spam, and more SPAM.
DancingCrab wrote:

thats not true.im a malaysian and if ur buying from malaysia make sure they have .my in the website url. those sites are reliable.
do you still wait for me Dream Giver?
Fairytales
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Fairytales »

I just saw a video about a meet and greet. you also saw the waitingline in that video. But i heard music playing in the background! maybe somebody has it on tape? Because that might me the films theme or something... i don't know cuz i've never been to disney in the US nor Eurodisney in paris. (kind of expensive and i live in holland)

but we have this themepark in holland called efteling and there they just play random fairytale music,(from big plastic mushrooms who stand here and there xD) and i wonder what kind of music they play in disney.
stitchje1981
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stitchje1981 »

Fairytales wrote:I just saw a video about a meet and greet. you also saw the waitingline in that video. But i heard music playing in the background! maybe somebody has it on tape? Because that might me the films theme or something... i don't know cuz i've never been to disney in the US nor Eurodisney in paris. (kind of expensive and i live in holland)

but we have this themepark in holland called efteling and there they just play random fairytale music,(from big plastic mushrooms who stand here and there xD) and i wonder what kind of music they play in disney.

Disneyland Paris isn't that expensive, 2 years ago I went with my mom for 2 days and paid 150 euro each for everything! It depends on where you wanna stay etc... that makes it pricy or not! And I'm from Belgium!

The Efteling has it's price also doesn't it? For what you get I think you pay enough already for the entrance ticket and you didn't get any beverage yet. Or a stay in their hotel....
Better spend money on Disneyland Paris 8)
Fairytales
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Fairytales »

stitchje1981 wrote:
Fairytales wrote:I just saw a video about a meet and greet. you also saw the waitingline in that video. But i heard music playing in the background! maybe somebody has it on tape? Because that might me the films theme or something... i don't know cuz i've never been to disney in the US nor Eurodisney in paris. (kind of expensive and i live in holland)

Disneyland Paris isn't that expensive, 2 years ago I went with my mom for 2 days and paid 150 euro each for everything! It depends on where you wanna stay etc... that makes it pricy or not! And I'm from Belgium!

The Efteling has it's price also doesn't it? For what you get I think you pay enough already for the entrance ticket and you didn't get any beverage yet. Or a stay in their hotel....
Better spend money on Disneyland Paris 8)
Maybe, but Paris is pretty far from holland and i don't see my parents spend 150 euros on a themepark, even if i pay half or more. Kind of sucks because i really want to visit it once. But maybe when i'm like twenty or something.
Right now i'm satisfied with visiting the efteling once or twice a year. I love that park. Especially the 'Droomvlucht' or Dreamflight, as you'd call it in english. Definitly worth it.

for those who don't know that attraction (it's not THAT famous) here's a ridethrough:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zviAIIY6Bm0
Fairytales
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Fairytales »

But back on topic. :oops: Sorry.
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

Marianne81 wrote: Thanks!! So are there morning and afternoon times? If so, I think I'll try the morning as Fantasyland always seems more crowded in the afternoon.
I actually went around noon, then right before 5pm, which is when they closed. I guess no one cares about Rapunzel yet :lol:
janesjubilee
Gold Classic Collection

Post by janesjubilee »

estefan wrote:Well, I would assume they would have seen clips or other assorted bits to help get into character and be familiar with the story. I've seen photos on DeviantArt of the Flynn actor giving the smoulder. And in the iPad video posted some pages back, Rapunzel refers to Mother Gothel by name and Flynn even mentions something about a castle and a kingdom (much like in the trailer).

So, I assume they're given some sort of direction. Also, remember last year where the actors performed the Princess and the Frog jubilee. I'm sure they had likely listened to the songs beforehand, since they had to lip-sync to them.
I know for a fact that Flynn practiced that smoulder in front of a mirror. I'm pretty sure the actors were shown the movie before they go out, it's part of the training process :)
stitchje1981
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stitchje1981 »

janesjubilee wrote:
estefan wrote:Well, I would assume they would have seen clips or other assorted bits to help get into character and be familiar with the story. I've seen photos on DeviantArt of the Flynn actor giving the smoulder. And in the iPad video posted some pages back, Rapunzel refers to Mother Gothel by name and Flynn even mentions something about a castle and a kingdom (much like in the trailer).

I know for a fact that Flynn practiced that smoulder in front of a mirror. I'm pretty sure the actors were shown the movie before they go out, it's part of the training process :)
A training I can get, seen the movie before they go out or even before the public : NO WAY!!!
As I said they are not THAT special to see the whole movie + when they go home they can tell everybody about the movie or even tape it ( Disney is not gonna take that risk)......
As said before, they can see parts of the movie, but not the whole movie!!!!
:headshake:

if it's true how come EVERY Disney fan doesn't work there if you can see every movie before everybody else??????
janesjubilee
Gold Classic Collection

Post by janesjubilee »

stitchje1981 wrote:
janesjubilee wrote: I know for a fact that Flynn practiced that smoulder in front of a mirror. I'm pretty sure the actors were shown the movie before they go out, it's part of the training process :)
A training I can get, seen the movie before they go out or even before the public : NO WAY!!!
As I said they are not THAT special to see the whole movie + when they go home they can tell everybody about the movie or even tape it ( Disney is not gonna take that risk)......

if it's true how come EVERY Disney fan doesn't work there if you can see every movie before everybody else??????
The actors that played Tiana and Naveen got to see PatF earlier inorder for meet and greets. It's only the actors that get to see the movie inorder to get their character right. They're not allowed to tape it because I think it might be in a room backstage or something, and the actual Disney company is really strict under their own roofs. When I saw PatF at the Walt Disney Studios last year, ALL the cameras and cellphones were taken away before entering the theater.
Plus, the Rapunzel and Flynn actors probably saw the rough version, so they didn't see the final film.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Do you know how incredibly hard it is to get a job as a face character at a Disney park ?! It's a tough as nails job to get and apply for, the positions are very coveted.
stitchje1981
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stitchje1981 »

janesjubilee wrote:
stitchje1981 wrote: A training I can get, seen the movie before they go out or even before the public : NO WAY!!!

The actors that played Tiana and Naveen got to see PatF earlier inorder for meet and greets. It's only the actors that get to see the movie inorder to get their character right. They're not allowed to tape it because I think it might be in a room backstage or something, and the actual Disney company is really strict under their own roofs. When I saw PatF at the Walt Disney Studios last year, ALL the cameras and cellphones were taken away before entering the theater.
Plus, the Rapunzel and Flynn actors probably saw the rough version, so they didn't see the final film.
Oh come on and that solves it ( take the cellphones and camera's away?)
regular people are not allowed to tape it also and still it happens, there are a million ways to tape a movie in the cinema's!!!!
I also got to see TPATF alos before it came out in Europe, thanks to other people that taped it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
People even can get through the airport without going passing the security but taping in the movies is impossible
hahahahahahaha
Right, you keep telling yourself that !!!!

Oh and now it's not the film anymore but the rough versions????
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY that rough versions come out of the studios in burbank that anybody else can see apart from the animators, directors or all the people who worked on the film .... And surely no people in theme parks!!!

But as I said you keep telling yourself that!

( I'm not even gonna discuss this anymore, it gets sillier by the minute 8) )
janesjubilee
Gold Classic Collection

Post by janesjubilee »

stitchje1981 wrote:
janesjubilee wrote: The actors that played Tiana and Naveen got to see PatF earlier inorder for meet and greets. It's only the actors that get to see the movie inorder to get their character right. They're not allowed to tape it because I think it might be in a room backstage or something, and the actual Disney company is really strict under their own roofs. When I saw PatF at the Walt Disney Studios last year, ALL the cameras and cellphones were taken away before entering the theater.
Oh come on and that solves it ( take the cellphones and camera's away?)
regular people are not allowed to tape it also and still it happens, there are a million ways to tape a movie in the cinema's!!!!
I also got to see TPATF alos before it came out in Europe, thanks to other people that taped it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
People even can get through the airport without going passing the security but taping in the movies is impossible
hahahahahahaha
Right, you keep telling yourself that !!!!

There is NO WAY that rough versions come out of the studios in burbank that anybody else can see apart from the animators, directors or all the people who worked on the film .... And surely no people in theme parks!!!
Ok, you're not understanding what I'm saying. I'm saying that they're not allowed to record if the theater is on Disney Property/monitored by Disney. The people who tape movies are in REGULAR theaters where they don't check out that stuff. Also, you didn't have to watch PatF before it came out in your country, that's entirely your fault.
The actors are part of the Disney Company, it's fine that they can watch it. It's also not that hard for them to drive from Anaheim to Burbank to go see the film. They get to see the films so they can give guests a more enjoyable experience. They're not watching the film just to watch it, they're studying the character's personality. The press got to see a rough version of the film at press events. The final version wasn't shown until yesterday at a cast and crew party. And honestly, working at the parks is a tough job. Don't underestimate them.

Plus, so what if a couple actors got to see the film earlier? We're all going to eventually see it.
yukitora
Special Edition

Post by yukitora »

peiple in this forum have already seen rough versions of the film. do the words 'test audience' mean nothing to you?
stitchje1981
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stitchje1981 »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:if it's true how come EVERY Disney fan doesn't work there if you can see every movie before everybody else??????

Do you know how incredibly hard it is to get a job as a face character at a Disney park ?! It's a tough as nails job to get and apply for, the positions are very coveted.
A friend of mine got in last year :)
Frist try and bingo

If i could I would've entered my application and would've tried as well, but I had my reasons