DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Toy Story 4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:17 pm 
Collector's Edition

Quote:
It seems that Disney and Pixar are still reluctant to end "Toy Story" with the third film.

Despite speculation that the hit animated film series will meet its final chapter in "Toy Story 3", it has been reported that Tim Allen has signed on for "Toy Story 4".

According to The Wrap which claims to have learned the matter from individuals familiar with the "The Six Wives of Henry Lefay" star's contract, Allen is under contract to reprise his role as Buzz Lightyear. However, his commitment "does not necessarily mean that Pixar has plans to put another feature-length sequel into production."

http://foreign.peacefmonline.com/entert ... /59252.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:23 pm 
Platinum Edition

It could be because he'll be voicing the Toy Story Toons shorts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:07 pm 
Limited Edition

Hmmm. I think Toy Story 3 was the perfect ending to the series. I don't really want them to make a fourth >_>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:24 pm 
Limited Edition

If there's another Toy Story film, ugh... come on... no more sequels, re-makes, re-boots, re-imaginings! Disney is driving me crazy lately and this is coming from someone who defends most of the DTV derivatives!

I wouldn't mind some shorts. But a 4th Toy Story? No thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:08 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Yeah, I think it's the shorts that he's signed onto. Unless an actor is a produce ala Tom Cruise, I don't trust that they've signed onto a sequel or anything. Pixar, Lasseter and Unkrich have said multiple times that Toy Story 3 is the last feature as the trilogy is meant to represent their journey as Andy's toys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:22 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I think it's common for an actor to have a clause like that in his or her contract, stating they must return for sucessive projects. So there's no proof in that there's acutally a TS 4 in the making.

Thank God.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:39 pm 
Site Admin

Disneyphile wrote:
Quote:
According to The Wrap which claims to have learned the matter from individuals familiar with the "The Six Wives of Henry Lefay" star's contract, ...

Best star identification credit ever.

I agree with those who feel that a Toy Story 4 is unnecessary. Shorts? Fine. A Christmas special? Yes, please. Another movie? Not really needed. Then again, TS3 wasn't needed and it is the bee's knees.

"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:15 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

UmbrellaFish wrote:
I think it's common for an actor to have a clause like that in his or her contract, stating they must return for sucessive projects. So there's no proof in that there's acutally a TS 4 in the making.

Thank God.

This.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:53 pm 
Limited Edition

Pixar could probably make sequels from now until Kingdom Come for all their movies and have them be both A) commercially successful and B) good movies -- something that cannot be said of all studios today -- but, why keep doing more of the same rather than use their talents for something new?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:11 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Its not as if they don't have new stuff in the works too. They have a lot of unannounced projects in the works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:12 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

UmbrellaFish wrote:

Thank God.

Well, only time will tell if this actually DOES happen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:44 pm 
Platinum Edition

this seems to be for the shorts rather than another feature.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:56 am 
Collector's Edition

In the Toy Story 3 making of book,

Lasseter himself speaks of a fitting end to the trilogy..

So my guess it's concerning the toy story toons..

Then again, box office numbers may want to see Woody saddle up Bullseye once more..

They should learn from ...Shrek Forever Worse...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:07 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

This isnt comparable to shrek at all. Shrek had a good thing going with the first. it wasn't great, but it was very successful, and even today I think its pretty good, even if a bit over rated. Then they made 2, which is understandable that they would want to give it a go, but once that one didn't live up the first they should have stopped there. But no, they pressed on and made a third and fourth, all lacking any charm the original might have had. it went from pretty good, to forgetable, to awful, and then back up a bit to forgetable, but still not really worth making. they did end on a better note than the last movie, but at thise point audiences are sick of an already diluted franchise.

And yet, we still have the Puss in boots spin off in the works. I look forward to seeing how hard that one flops...

The difference with Pixar is the have yet to have a movie as bad as any of the Shreks. if anyone can pull off a great quadtrillogy its pixar. I'm not saying I want to see them push their luck again, but if they could manage to make a 4th one, have it be just as good if not better than the rest of the toy stories, I don't see the harm. clearly audiences arent sick of the franchise, everybody wins. No one gets tired of greatness.

but again, I really do think they need to leave it alone, theatrically at least.

Post subject: Toy Story 4
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:18 am 
Platinum Edition

Tom Hanks On Toy Story 4 – “They’re Working On It Now”
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/06/27/ ... on-it-now/

Quote:
Here’s a real bombshell. What makes it particularly stunning is the way Tom Hanks just tossed it over his shoulder like a banana peel.

Hanks appeared on the BBC’s Breakfast News this morning in an interview to support the release of his new feature Larry Crowne, out here on the 7th of July. It appears that the interview was filmed a couple of weeks back when Hanks was doing big junket days in London.

At the end of the interview, the reporter asked the question most others just wouldn’t have bothered with.

"Will there be a Toy Story 4?"

Who would ask this? Surely Pixar had made it abundantly clear that there was no possibility of a fourth installment? Didn’t they shout it from the rooftops of Emeryville that Toy Story 3 was the conclusion of this particular series, at least as far as feature films go?

Well, it turns out that it was a question worth asking. Here’s Hanks reply:

"I think there will be yeah. Yeah, yeah. They’re working on it now. There you go."

They’re working on it now.

Wow. Really? Tom Hanks would know.

Update: Here's the video in question:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13923988

Go to the 2:46 mark.

Last edited by Sotiris on Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:55 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

I want them to kill off all the toys though.

Just grow a pair Pixar and DO it. That way, Disney can't squeeze this thing any longer. And I want it to be the saddest thing ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:02 am 
Limited Edition

Seriously? Damnit!

I mean really, Toy Story 3 closed the series well, and it is, in my opinion, the best Pixar movie out there! So why a fourth movie?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:15 am 
Platinum Edition

TheValentineBros wrote:
So why a fourth movie?

Because Toy Story 3 was huge. It made over $1 billion in worldwide box office grosses and it's one of the biggest franchises in merchandise sales.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:16 am 
Limited Edition

I'd rather have shorts about the toys living at Molly's. Hawaiian Vacation is cute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:17 am 
Platinum Edition

Sky Syndrome wrote:
I'd rather have shorts about the toys living at Molly's. Hawaiian Vacation is cute.

Well, those shorts are going to continue as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next