Disney's Aladdin DVD Press Release (Real One)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Jack
Collector's Edition

Post by Jack »

So Luke: Which method do you suggest to watch "A Diamond in the Rough" for first time viewing?
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Awesome review, Luke! It's so good to hear how meaty and entertaining this DVD is. I'm slightly disappointed about the non-virtual galleries, but that's just a minor quibble. This sounds like it could be possibly be one of the best Disney DVD's ever, and I'm truly excited for it now more than ever. Bring it on! :D
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Jack wrote:So Luke: Which method do you suggest to watch "A Diamond in the Rough" for first time viewing?
As I said in the review, I'd recommend going with the "Play All." It doesn't have perfect continuity, but there's definitely a flow, and I find it's much more immersive to wade through 1 hour and 50 minutes of content all at once (or split viewings) than going through the various menu options and picking-and-choosing. Most of the stuff in Diamond in the Rough is really great.
Jack
Collector's Edition

Post by Jack »

Opps! I just referred to the review - I guess I just missed your recommendation. Thanks.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it. It upsets me that TLK didn't get this kind of treatment.
Tony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tony »

I know this is a little off the topic, but it is on the Aladdin DVD.....

Luke, how did the trailer for Bambi look ?...
Christian
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Christian »

The trailer for Bambi does not show restored footage.
RAFC1880

Post by RAFC1880 »

Disney never uses restored footage in their trailers
"Bring back the Magic"
DreamerQ18
Anniversary Edition

Post by DreamerQ18 »

Hey Luke just wanted to say BIG KUDDOS on the great DVD review its only a week now before I will be able to have this DVD in my hands and after reading yours I just cant wait. Thanks :)
Ciaobelli
Special Edition

Post by Ciaobelli »

Great Review!!

"Jeffrey Katzenberg (who has since moved on to DreamWorks, where he gets rich mocking the Disney formula in crude fairy tale twists)."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tony »

RAFC1880 wrote:Disney never uses restored footage in their trailers
Sorry, I didn't quite explain myself properly.. I realise Disney does not use restored footage in it's trailers... I am basically trying to find out if there were any scenes of the extras that are going to be put on the DVD and Lukes general impression of the trailer. Of course we know from the press release what will be in this release, but it would just be nice to know if Disney have presented the 'look' of this trailer with the same excitment they had with the Aladdin trailer. I hope this is clear.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

I know this is off topic but I wonder if Disney will fix the blooper in Bambi.
The blooper that many and I identified in the movie was a major error. When the baby raccoon was on one side of the screen then he popped up in a different place.
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Tony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tony »

Thanks Luke ! - Very much appreciated !

(Pity they didn't show a bit more about the extras etc... They can do that for Mulan and Aladdin, so I don't know why they wouldn't do it for Bambi).
Christian
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Christian »

There's still six or seven months before Bambi comes out. There'll be more previews.
DisneyChris
Special Edition

Post by DisneyChris »

Excellent review, Luke, it makes me drool. :o I really do hope my local DVD store will start selling it very soon (last year I got The Lion King there a week earlier).
Jordan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jordan »

For those of you who want some inside pictures !!...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 35420&rd=1

Definitely can't wait !
Chandler (to Phoebe, over the phone) : Listen, Joey isn't gonna be here tonight so why don't you come over and I'll let you uh.. feel my bicep; or maybe more...
Friends, 5.14 - The One Where Everybody Finds Out
Christian
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Christian »

Last edited by Christian on Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

Great review Luke! I'm happy to know you could find almost nothing wrong with the picture. It seems Disney has learned from its mistakes, both in extras and film presentation.

By the way, lots of new high-res screencaps from the DVD digital transfer can be seen here
disneyunlimited
Gold Classic Collection

Aladdin 2-disc PE

Post by disneyunlimited »

Well I'm almost through watching my R1 Aladdin discs (they arrived yesterday morning).

I watched the film first with the Filmmakers' Audio Commentary. Interesting how they mention the urban myth about the "Teenagers Take Off Your Clothes" bit along with an explanation on why Jasmine then gives him a funny look.

Next I watched the film all the way through.

Then I switched over to Disc 2. I suggest using the 'Play All' option to watch Diamond In The Rough - some of the segments it is made up of only last a minute or so and it gets real irritating having to press the down button and then 'OK' every time a segment finishes. (I wish there was a 'Play All' option on Disc 2 of Tarzan! )

Finally, last night, I sat down with the kids and watched the movie again.

Later today I'll probably watch it with the Animators' Audio Commentary and dig out any other special features I've missed.

Then finally, tomorrow, I'll with it with the 'Pop-Up Fun Facts' (like they added to Lion King 2). I might even endure the Clay Aiken video as well...
Need affordable and reliable webhosting?

<a href="http://www.webcentrewebhosting.com">WebCentre Web Hosting</a> offers domains from £1.99 a year and hosting from just £2.49 a month.
Professional packages include 4Gb of webspace and 45Gb of bandwidth as standard!
Barty
Limited Issue

Post by Barty »

Wow Joe Carioca, those highres screencaps look really amazing! Do you happen to know whether they were taken from the R1 version or from some other region?
Jaw dropping, really..