Oz: The Great and Powerful

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

DisneyJedi wrote:Really, I don't know what to think. This looks amazing, but I think it's a bit of a crazy coincidence that the Wizard gets whisked to Oz the same way Dorothy did (AKA by tornado).
Well in the book the Wizard was carried to Oz in his balloon on a big air current, probably something really windy...it's similar to Dorothy getting carried to Oz in a house and really really windy air, hehe.
DisneyJedi wrote:Also, isn't the Witch of the West supposed to be green-skinned or something? It's just that based on the 1939 movie, along with Wicked, the Witch has emerald green skin or something.
As has been said, it wasn't specified if she was a different skin color in the books, so she probably wasn't green in the books. But I like that they turn her green in the end.
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

Mila Kunis silent on green rumours
Mila Kunis has refused to confirm or deny rumours she will sport green skin in her new movie. In the upcoming release's trailer it is teased that Mila's transformation into the character includes 'going green'
"No one said it was my shade of skin," Mila said coyly when interviewed by MTV.com. "It was just a shade, maybe of a green tone, not particularly on me. We don't know these things yet."
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/enter ... 85660.html

Hahaha So we know it's happening! I'm guessing she hasn't seen the end of the trailer :P
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
Toky
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Toky »

I'm sure it will be Mila who will turn green...she will probably fall in love with the Wizard and he will break her heart or something like that, hence turning her evil. It looks like Rachel Weisz is already evil, so its possible she will die, since there are only two main witches in the Wizard of Oz. :p
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

Toky wrote:there are only two main witches in the Wizard of Oz. :p
There's actually quite alot of Witches in the Books :)
Found I view on Wikipedia!
Glinda
Good Witch of the North (Locasta)
Mombi
Wicked Witch of the East (Evanora )
Wicked Witch of the West (Theodora)
Also there's like Wicked Witches of the North and South

I hope OTGAP establishes that Glinda is not actually the Good Witch of the North! But I 100% agree with your ideas on how Kunis will turn evil/green :D
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

New poster, revealing one of the witches:

"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

It's so obviously going to be Mila. She was born to play that role. A perfect fit.
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

Thanks for the Poster :D Mila does the part justice, she looks great! I great modern twist to the outfit aswell :)

Hopefully we'll see a trailer surface in the coming days :P
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

I think that might be a first draft. The witch is drawn and clearly doesnt look like Mila.

Next one we see will probably have the actress standing front and center like all character posters.
MadasaHatter
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MadasaHatter »

Oz the Great and Powerful Vinylmation:

http://destinationvinylmation.com/2012/ ... nylmation/
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

Another New Poster!
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

The new trailer for Oz The Great and Powerful debuts in 3 days!
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

^Y'know, that's a phrase they should've just saved for just before release.
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

New Images!
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Those pictures are interesting... I had no idea James Franco was in this.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

More New Pictures!

I love how the live action scenes look so traditional! It's a nice blend with the beautiful CGI Characters/Scenes!
(Trailer arrives tommorrow!!!)
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

I think it looks lovely. Very fairytale-ish.

And James Franco is just.... awesome in every way. Boy do I love that pretentious clown.
JustOneBite87
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JustOneBite87 »

They sure are releasing quite a bit of promotional material and production stills considering the film doesn't come out until next year. I remember they didn't even release a trailer for the third Pirates of the Caribbean film until just over a month before the movie's release!
Toky
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Toky »

It is starting to look like the Oz we all know more and more :) and less like an Alice in Wonderland rip-off....

Love how Rachel Weisz looks in these pictures...and I'm really interested in seeing the origin of the Wicked witch of the west...I liked the story of Wicked, though the witch there didn't actually turn evil. Can't wait to see this story evolve and see how they explain how a normal being can turn to pure evil (hopefully they won't be afraid to go dark on that)
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

The new trailer for Oz:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Qy2fJsCkUn4?rel=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Really looking forward to this. :)
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Wow.

Very cool. Can't wait to see this.