Tangled (formerly Rapunzel) Discussion - Part II

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.

Do you like the new title change?

Yes
3%
No
34%
It's not that bad/I'm used to it by now
31%
I hate it with a passion
19%
I love it
1%
I don't care either way
12%

Total votes: 146

UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

O-M-G! O-M-G! O-M-G!

Robster, I love you!!!

Okay, first thing first- clever way of advertising the protagonists, prominently displaying both of them.

New logo- Actually, I like this logo's font better, but I bet a lot of people here will find it too boyish, especially with the arrows, but on the plus side, it makes the film seem more serious than the old font and it's a better fit for the movie's time period.

I love the Dream Laterns idea. Sounds sooooo neat. I'll use it, especially if Disney tries to make some of those Dreams come true! Oh, and I especially love their "statistics"!

I assume the fourth picture is some sort of "make your own picture and add it to a bigger one" like that new Mickey promotion, but the picture beneath it makes me think that it's one of those "reveal all" internet promotions.

Love the screencap of Rapunzel running with all that hair behind her. I can already tell that's going to be fantastic. Oh, and I just noticed- they used the logo for her name description. Funny how old things pop up again.

Okay, that pic of Rapunzel underneath the screencap is gorgeous!!! She looks more like claymation than CGI, even traditionally animated. And that expression! I know I'll love her.

And the official website is going to have a mash-up video maker? I don't know if I'll use that, but look at the clipart!

Pic 1-The chameleon.
Pic 2- The same old promotional pic we've been seeing lately.
Pic 3- Rapunzel walking the forest.
Pic 4- Rapunzel alone (?) in the forest.
Pic 5- Rapunzel over a staircase with her hair in the banisters.
Pic 6- Concept art of the latern scene.
Pic 7- Generic Flynn (probably unfinished)
Pic 8- Generic Maximus (probably unfinished)
Pic 9- Generic Rapunzel (probably unfinished)
Pic 10- Sam clip of the tower.
Pic 11- Same screencap of Rapunzel running.
Pic 12- I wasn't sure at first, but I think it's Rapunzel sliding off a staircase.

Can you tell how excited I am for this movie?
Prince Kido
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Prince Kido »

Oy!!!
That's why I am not happy that people who work more or less on that movie are spoilering the movie in the wrong way!
All those screencaptures for several micro-sites are not approved or official!!!
There were by evidence concepts ideas to launch the promotion of the movie later and that's all ! It shoudn't have been leaked on the web and I think it is too bad.
The logo font is not this one with arrows and most of the pictures used are old stuff or animation tests caps that you shouldn't see on the web.
I am also a bit sad that most of the people here are more concerned about fake or unofficial stuff instead of what I posted and shared with people on my blog, and more that some prefer to have useless discussions about who should be part of the princess brand...
Too-toooo bad ! :(
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Tangled

Post by Disney Duster »

Did anyone else notice these things?

DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Re: Tangled

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

Disney Duster wrote:Did anyone else notice these things?
Yes I did. It is very interesting how concept art turns out :)
I am so glad Rapunzel doesn't look like the art on the story books on amozon phewww ... :L

she brushes up to her Disney princess proceeder's !
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I never saw that lithograph (I guess?) before. Despite the blurriness, it's stunning.
mawnck
Limited Issue

Post by mawnck »

Disney Duster wrote:Image
Stunning or not, it looks nothing like her. It must be a rejected design.

They put out a deliberately misleading ad campaign, and gave test screenings so that there are people like me to go online and call them out on it. What did they think was going to happen?

If Disney would quit playing so cagey and start putting out some legitimate images of the stuff people are only hearing about, there wouldn't be such a demand for the unauthorized/leaked/wrong material.
Last edited by mawnck on Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

mawnck wrote:If Disney would quit playing so cagey and start putting out some legitimate images of the stuff people are only hearing about, there wouldn't be such a demand for the unauthorized/leaked/wrong material.
Oh, well. I liked it. Not that my hopes are down- obviously that was test stuff. Still, I wonder why I haven't seen that piece before (the one you were referring to)? Maybe I have and I just forgot...
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

@robster16: Wow, thanks! Could you also please provide the link(s) to those pics on flickr.com?

@Prince Kido: Of course, we appreciated the info and the new pics you've provided; we've loved them. As for the leaked pics, I think you are overreacting. They don't contain any spoilers or characters we hadn't already seen. There were only two new poses we hadn't seen yet anyway; one of Flynn and one of Rapunzel, so no harm done really. As for the discussion about the princess line, that was only a side-note and then we got back to topic. So don't worry, we do pay attention to your posts!! :)

@Disney Duster: Yeah, I'd noticed those as well. I was about to post them myself but you've beat me to it! :wink:
Last edited by Sotiris on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
robster16
Special Edition

Post by robster16 »

I find it quite weird that those concept designs are even posted online. I wonder if that person posting them has a wish to get fired. It could be though that all those designs have been rejected and will not be used for the movie as it clearly states that these are CONCEPT designs. Disney probably provided generic files for them to work with, like old logo's, marketing visuals, so as fun as it is to see this, don't make too much of it, because a lot of it might not actually happen or end up looking completely different.

It's fun to see the progress and process of a project, but keep in mind that a LOT can and will probably change! We've seen it before with other projects. The most interesting things for me are the shot of Rapunzel running with the hair behind her through her kitchen, which was a shot that was also seen in the leaked trailer, but ended up being cut from the final trailer and the shot based on that concept art that someone else has just posted.
robster16
Special Edition

Post by robster16 »

Here is something that IS official, from the walt disney animation twitter. Pictures of the Suggly Duckling Geek Bar at this years Siggraph:

Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I can't believe we've reached 98 pages already!! :shock:

I think it's time for new thread. :wink:

Edit: I've created a new thread. Please continue the discussion there: http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26960
ImageImageImageImageImageImage