Maleficent (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
MadasaHatter
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MadasaHatter »

Escapay wrote:
Anyways, to add to the wishful-thinking list of actors to play Maleficent, I'm gonna say Sigourney Weaver. In addition to being a great actor with a variety of roles already under her belt, she's certainly tall enough for the role!

albert
WOW. I could actually see Sigourney as Maleficent. Have you ever seen her as the wicked queen in Snow White: A Tale of Terror? OH man! What an awesome take on the fairy tale. Strays quite a bit but it's tone is much darker and if you see her in it it will only reaffirm how well she could breathe new life into a beloved character like The Mistress of All Evil!
Ting Ting
Anniversary Edition

Post by Ting Ting »

I honestly don't even see the point of arguing over who's getting the part. We all know Helena's got it in the bag! But who's complaining? Certainly not me.
Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

Ting Ting wrote:I honestly don't even see the point of arguing over who's getting the part. We all know Helena's got it in the bag! But who's complaining? Certainly not me.
Sure, it's totally nepotism. But she's a great actress nonetheless. It would be very interesting to see what she could bring the the role of Maleficent. We all know that she can play psychotic like nobody's business (Bellatrix), although I'm not sure how she'd do with the more subtle approach that the Mistress of All Evil prefers.... Ah well, I suppose we wait and see. I'm sure she'll do very well.
http://dragonsbane.webs.com
http://childrenofnight.webs.com

^My websites promoting my two WIP novels! Check them out for exclusive content!
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Ting Ting wrote:I honestly don't even see the point of arguing over who's getting the part. We all know Helena's got it in the bag! But who's complaining? Certainly not me.
In that case, I look forward to Johnny Depp as Prince Phillip, Deep Roy as all of the minions, Alan Rickman as King Stefan, Christopher Lee as King Hubert (fatsuit), and of course, the delightfully whimsical score by Danny Elfman. :D

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Hey, if Alice indicates anything, we might get different actors for some roles.
mrkateb

Post by mrkateb »

SpringHeelJack wrote:Helena Bonham Carter = Maleficent?
Johnny Depp more likely....I could see Helena Bonham Carter playing either Merryweather or that one squat little goon character with the giant bug eyes and two tiny little fangs on his bottom jaw...
MrKateB's Alice in Wonderland Tribute Site
"It's Coming Back, You Know"
Deco King
Gold Classic Collection

Is Tim Burton going to direct Maleficent the Movie?

Post by Deco King »

I've read rumours on the internet that Tim Burton is to direct a Wicked like revisionist Maleficent movie starring Helena Bonham Carter as the Mistress of All Evil is this true? Have any forum readers heard any gossip from sources close to the eye of the storm? This could be a really interesting movie with good costuming and CGI and presumably 3D too!!
To Make Doubly Sure Bring Back Her Heart In This!!
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Oh look.

I'm pretty sure there's already a topic about this. I'm just too lazy to find it, but then again, I didn't start the discussion. Also when was it announced for sure that Helena would be playing Maleficent?
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

SpringHeelJack wrote:Oh look.

I'm pretty sure there's already a topic about this. I'm just too lazy to find it, but then again, I didn't start the discussion. Also when was it announced for sure that Helena would be playing Maleficent?
Well...I for one always thoguht when Tim Burton does a film..(at least as of latley)....you automatically know that the trio of as Helena Bonham Carter and Johnny Depp and some how squeeze in Christopher Lee will be in th film even if its just one line of a talking tree... :P

and yes I do believe this was being discussed already....but it might have been started in the Tim Burton's Alice thread....so if there isn't another thread that has this as its main topic I don't see a problem...and if there already is a thread to discuss this...well...thats why mods come and merge to save the day
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Deco King
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Deco King »

I haven't been looking at Ultimate Disney recently as I was carer for my beloved Mother Eva , during her battle with terminal cancer , she passed away on February 24th , so now I'm able to look at the internet on a more regular basis.

Before discovering this thread just now , earlier this morning I posted this :

I've read rumours on the internet that Tim Burton is to direct a Wicked like revisionist Maleficent movie starring Helena Bonham Carter as the Mistress of All Evil is this true? Have any forum readers heard any gossip from sources close to the eye of the storm? This could be a really interesting movie with good costuming and CGI and presumably 3D too!!

I think tha Cher would/should also be in the running for the role of The Mistress Of All Evil , as with her botoxed visage she shares the same Mask -Like look of Marc Davis's character!!

Following photographs of Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen , I think she'd be intersting as Maleficent , but I don't think she should automatically be cast in the role simply because she is Tim Burton's Muse!
Deco King
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Deco King »

Maybe Andy Serkis could play one of the Goons?
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

I have to say this just for the sake of it, but this is one thing that ticks me off about most internet boards. Yes, I realize there is a rule about posting the same stuff over and over again and I realize it is there for good reasons. Mostly to keep the board clutter free. I can respect that and its fine.

However, it bugs me to no end when posters that may not post very often and hence have no idea what was and was not posted get slammed for re-posting similar stuff. Look, and I realize it is not always the case, but many of these people most likely have real lives and don't spend all day on the internet. It is ridicules and maybe a bit uppity to get as grumpy as some on internet boards get when people re-post similar things or expect them to go through who knows how many pages of posts just to make sure they are not re-posting.

At the very least, a bit more kindness in such situation is a good idea and I think a better way to handle it then making anyone feel like less of a person because they re-posted the same stuff on some internet board in cyber space! "Netiquette" goes two ways, just a reminder.

Peace out!
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

disneyboy20022 wrote:.and if there already is a thread to discuss this...well...thats why mods come and merge to save the day
Exactly.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
The Little Merboy
Special Edition

Post by The Little Merboy »

I think Famke Janssen could maybe pull it off.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Amen milojthatch.

Everyone's always so grumpy on the interwebs.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Idina Menzel would be cool.

Although I only picture that because I can literally picture her being green.

Then again, nevermind. Leave Miss Menzel in Elphaba's shoes.
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

I believe the word is "snide". I'm not being grumpy, I'm being snide. I'm snide to people who never post, I'm snide to people who always post.

Additionally, even if you don't post somewhere often, it's pretty much regarded as common courtesy to see if a topic's already being discussed somewhere. A search for "Tim Burton Maleficent" would show the old topic.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
CampbellzSoup
Anniversary Edition

Post by CampbellzSoup »

Relax B Relax...

I love Tim Burton but can we have someone else do real to life Disney films Alice SUCKED
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Darlin', I am relaxed. Anyone who thinks I'm riled up by anything here doesn't know me.

And saying Tim Burton shouldn't do live action Disney films because a live-action adaptation of the BOOKS "Alice in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking-Glass" sucked (no opinion) is kind of silly. Like any director, Tim Burton's only as good as the material. Linda Woolverton would share an equal amount of blame, being the screenwriter, not to mention any other number of possible variables from actors to set design.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Say, Milo... does this "Netiquette" thing apply to needless double-posting as well?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... ble%20post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_f ... le_posting
4 Disney Atmosphere Images