Maleficent (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Tristy
Special Edition

Post by Tristy »

Hm. I don't think I really like the idea of Angelina Jolie as Maleficent.

And...um...what was that thing she said about not showing her children Disney movies because they didn't have African characters in them?
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I'm so glad she got it! :D
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Great news!:D
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
kylemj
Limited Issue

Post by kylemj »

looking forward to how this will turn out but wonder how strong disney fans' view?
stitchje1981
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stitchje1981 »

Tristy wrote:Hm. I don't think I really like the idea of Angelina Jolie as Maleficent.

And...um...what was that thing she said about not showing her children Disney movies because they didn't have African characters in them?

Personally I don't like the idea of AJ being Maleficent either
Gonna be rude, if I may: I think AJ is better in Playing a ho instead of such a great villain. It'll destroy my greatness in Maleficent, so I'm not gonna see it!
Michelle Pfeiffer was a better pick!!!

@Tristy: that is just awfull not to let her show her kids Disney movies because they're are no African characters in it! What about Tiana, The Princess And The Frog? Dr. Sweet in Atlantis? Or Mulan and Brother Bear they're Asian? The black little flying horse in Fantasia? etc....

Just my opinion :)
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

stitchje1981 wrote: that is just awfull not to let her show her kids Disney movies because they're are no African characters in it! What about Tiana, The Princess And The Frog? Dr. Sweet in Atlantis? Or Mulan and Brother Bear they're Asian? The black little flying horse in Fantasia? etc....

FYI, Jolie made a comment complaining there were no black Disney Princesses WAY BEFORE Princess & the Frog ever came out. Perhaps since Tiana, she's had a change of heart. (she didn't say there were no black characters ever, and even if she did, what on Earth does mentioning Asian characters have to do proving against there being no black characters? :roll: )

Also, Jolie is an Academy Award winning actress. Yes, she's made some bad movies, but the talent is there. The success of this film is going to stand with the director. Your "ho" comment is kind of immature.
stitchje1981
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stitchje1981 »

DancingCrab wrote:
stitchje1981 wrote: that is just awfull not to let her show her kids Disney movies because they're are no African characters in it! What about Tiana, The Princess And The Frog? Dr. Sweet in Atlantis? Or Mulan and Brother Bear they're Asian? The black little flying horse in Fantasia? etc....

FYI, Jolie made a comment complaining there were no black Disney Princesses WAY BEFORE Princess & the Frog ever came out. Perhaps since Tiana, she's had a change of heart. (she didn't say there were no black characters ever, and even if she did, what on Earth does mentioning Asian characters have to do proving against there being no black characters? :roll: )

Also, Jolie is an Academy Award winning actress. Yes, she's made some bad movies, but the talent is there. The success of this film is going to stand with the director. Your "ho" comment is kind of immature.
I didn't know when she made that quote, I just read it here on this forum :)... So I just reacted on that...
Mostly, here in Belgium anyway ( to make sure I'm not! :D), a lot of people who dislike black people have the same way about anyone who's different then white, so that why I mentioned Asian aswell

I really don't like her, it was just my opinion I didn't mean to hurt someone's feeling about AJ, if that happend I'm sorry for what I said :roll:
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

:lol: I wouldn't say my feelings were hurt. It just sounded like you were making a few assumptions, and I, being kind of a bitch, couldn't help swooping in and playing the know it all. :wink:

Also, here is a "retooled" version of a poster I did WAY back when the film was first announced... (forgive the photoshop being slightly crude)

Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

^ That's a great poster actually! Of course it's not professional in the Photoshopping but it's still very well done and a great concept, would be a good teaser!
stitchje1981 wrote:@Tristy: that is just awfull not to let her show her kids Disney movies because they're are no African characters in it!
Aside from the fact she meant there were no black princesses (or more probably she meant no black female protagonists), I think she did show them Disney movies just didn't want to show them too many that had so many white people as the main characters because she has so many African American children and felt they'd be hurt by always seeing that.
Jay
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jay »

I don't know how I feel about it. I think she looks the part but I've only liked her in 2 movies of the several that I've seen her in. I guess we'll have to wait and see...
stitchje1981
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stitchje1981 »

DancingCrab wrote::lol: I wouldn't say my feelings were hurt. It just sounded like you were making a few assumptions, and I, being kind of a bitch, couldn't help swooping in and playing the know it all. :wink:

Also, here is a "retooled" version of a poster I did WAY back when the film was first announced... (forgive the photoshop being slightly crude)

:lol:
Well kind of bitch :D I like your poster, very mysterious, great colors
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Sources tell Twitch that Elle Fanning is now in talks for the role of Princess Aurora in Disney's Maleficent. Fanning is not a particularly surprising choice - there being a shortage of young stars with name power to even come close to Angelina Jolie's - but that makes her no less a good one. The younger Fanning sister has proven to be talented and versatile to this point in her career, and being sought after by directors such as David Fincher, Francis Ford Coppola, and Cameron Crowe should tell you a thing or two about how people feel about her within the industry.
Source: http://twitchfilm.com/news/2012/03/brea ... ficent.php
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Took a look at her pictures, and I KNOW she doesn't look VERY much like Aurora...but she looks perfect for an interpretation of the gorgeous, babied, innocent, precious, budding, "symbolically young and good" Aurora. Perfect.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Elle Fanning? Okay. I can picture her as Aurora. I'm so glad that it isn't someone like Snooki or Miley Cyrus. I'm really relieved!
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

Angelina Jolie's 'Maleficent' Will Start Shooting in June
Disney's Maleficent, a live-action origins story starring Angelina Jolie as one of Disney's most iconic villians, is eyeing a June start date in London.
Link - [url]http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... ing-297797[/url

Omg Yes! I'm so glad they're shooting so soon! And to be filmed in London?!?! I can't wait to see some filming pictures :D
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

DisneyDude2010 wrote:Angelina Jolie's 'Maleficent' Will Start Shooting in June
Disney's Maleficent, a live-action origins story starring Angelina Jolie as one of Disney's most iconic villians, is eyeing a June start date in London.
Link - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... ing-297797

Omg Yes! I'm so glad they're shooting so soon! And to be filmed in London?!?! I can't wait to see some filming pictures :D
Great news! It's about time.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Really disappointed about Elle Fanning. She is 13 years old! That is just wrong. The actress should at least be 16 like in the 1959 movie, or rather 18 years or older, even in her 20s. A 13 year old getting engaged? She is supposed to be a grown up princess, not a child. This is not Alice in Wonderland.
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Prince Edward wrote:Really disappointed about Elle Fanning. She is 13 years old! That is just wrong. The actress should at least be 16 like in the 1959 movie, or rather 18 years or older, even in her 20s. A 13 year old getting engaged? She is supposed to be a grown up princess, not a child. This is not Alice in Wonderland.
That age is usually when people got married during the medieval ages...
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

TheSequelOfDisney wrote:
Prince Edward wrote:Really disappointed about Elle Fanning. She is 13 years old! That is just wrong. The actress should at least be 16 like in the 1959 movie, or rather 18 years or older, even in her 20s. A 13 year old getting engaged? She is supposed to be a grown up princess, not a child. This is not Alice in Wonderland.
That age is usually when people got married during the medieval ages...
True, but it is not fitting for a movie made in modern times in my opinion. I believe it will look strange. And even Walt Disney's masterpiece stated she was 16. Aurora should be a beautiful, adult princess. Late in her teens or in her (early) 20s in my opinion, not a child.

I am excited though about what focus this movie will get. Maleficent and Aurora have minimal interaction with eachother in the 1959 movie. Even though I understand that this movie will focus on Maleficent and things that are not featured in Walt's classic, I do hope we get to see some of prince Philip, king Stefan, king Hubert, the queen and the three fairies, and I hope we get to see Maleficent put her curse on Aurora, Philip battle Maleficent in dragon form and Philip awakening Aurora with a kiss. Basicly that they keep the main plot from the movie, but that they feature more about Maleficent and what happened to her before the 1959 movie and during all those years Aurora was in the woods.
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jack Skellington »

I think that they're not gonna focus on the princess when she was 16, this is a prequel or a midequel at least so maybe Elle Fanning's age is perfect for the role.