Brother Bear Blu-Ray (Oct 2012)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Brother Bear Blu-Ray (Oct 2012)

Post by Barbossa »

Yet another DAC set for release. Also according to that same site Atlantis is listed on:
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/blu-ra ... ease-26706

Brother Bear is actually one of my favourites from the newer movies. Looking forward to seeing it in hi-def.

Gonna go bankrupt on Disney Blus this year I think. May have to put that James Bond set aside for a bit.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

I'm thinking, this one may be a two-movie set with its sequel? The sequel isn't mentioned in that article though.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Barbossa wrote:I'm thinking, this one may be a two-movie set with its sequel? The sequel isn't mentioned in that article though.
But neither is Rescuers Down Under or Pocahontas II, and we both know those will be included as a two-film set.

I wouldn't be surprised if Brother Bear and Atlantis come with their sequels.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

At the rate their going by this time tomorrow they won't have anything left to announce. haha

I don't know whats going on down there but I'll take it. Ive been wanting to see this in HD for a while now. This movie never got a lot of love but to me it was their last good hand drawn movie. For a while it was really their only hand drawn projects left before it died off (until PATF of course)

The backgrounds in this movie were so breathtaking they almost stole the show. And Phil Colin's stuff was used to great effect I thought. And I know people disagree with that, especially with explaining how koda's mom died, but I don't think we needed to hear that conversation, just seeing their expressions/body language was enough.

And yeah, I totally expect them to throw the sequel in with this unfortunately. It'd be a hard sell otherwise. The first one was pointed to as rehashing stuff from the lion king (among others) but the sequel was far worse when it came to reusing ideas. Nearly every scene reminded me of another scene from a Disney movie.
Last edited by Kyle on Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Boy, "Hercules" and "Hunchback" must really be suffering from some self esteem issues today.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

SpringHeelJack wrote:Boy, "Hercules" and "Hunchback" must really be suffering from some self esteem issues today.
Haha, I know. Disney has announced their two biggest flops are getting Blu-ray releases but not these two lol
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

jpanimation wrote:
SpringHeelJack wrote:Boy, "Hercules" and "Hunchback" must really be suffering from some self esteem issues today.
Haha, I know. Disney has announced their two biggest flops are getting Blu-ray releases but not these two lol
I know! What the frig gives?! The fans love Hercules and Hunchback more and yet Disney continues to snub the hell out of them! :(
FigmentJedi
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FigmentJedi »

If the Atlantis Blu-Ray keeps it's collector's edition extras and then some, that might be under consideration for upgrading. Would love Atlantis in HD.

Would hate to see them half-ass it like they did with Dinosaur at the beginning of the Disney Blu-Rays.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

FigmentJedi wrote:Would hate to see them half-ass it like they did with Dinosaur at the beginning of the Disney Blu-Rays.
I'm actually hoping for a Dinosaur 3D re-release, before I buy it. Would love to get it with a slipcover so it matches the rest of my DACs.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

DisneyJedi wrote:
jpanimation wrote: Haha, I know. Disney has announced their two biggest flops are getting Blu-ray releases but not these two lol
I know! What the frig gives?! The fans love Hercules and Hunchback more and yet Disney continues to snub the hell out of them! :(
I don't think it's a case of Disney snubbing them. I think the reason we're getting these "lesser" films on Blu-Ray, so Disney can get them out of the way. I wouldn't be shocked if we soon got an announcement regarding the package features coming to Blu-Ray. Disney is aware that there won't be a lot of units sold on the likes of Home on the Range and Atlantis, so might as well release them now and get it over with. Especially since they're likely in HD anyway.

Meanwhile, the transfers on the Hercules and Hunchback of Notre Dame DVDs aren't that spectacular and as much as I really like my Hunchback DVD, it could use some improvements (and no, I'm not talking about a gargoyle-free cut :P ).
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

With every new announcement I get ever closer to caving in and getting that awful dirty non-anamorphic 13 year old DVD of Herc. I want that movie on some kind of disc so bad! :(

-Skyler
kenai3000
Gold Classic Collection

Post by kenai3000 »

JiminyCrick91 wrote:
With every new announcement I get ever closer to caving in and getting that awful dirty non-anamorphic 13 year old DVD of Herc. I want that movie on some kind of disc so bad! :(

-Skyler
Then the moment you get it Disney will announce a Blu-Ray release.
Disney is awesome, and was the biggest part of my childhood.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

kenai3000 wrote:
JiminyCrick91 wrote:With every new announcement I get ever closer to caving in and getting that awful dirty non-anamorphic 13 year old DVD of Herc. I want that movie on some kind of disc so bad! :(

-Skyler
Then the moment you get it Disney will announce a Blu-Ray release.
Maybe that's what they've been waiting for! Better get buying! :P
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

jpanimation wrote:
Omg I'm annoyed about this too! Hercules is one of my favorite Disney Movies!

According to HMV though, Hunchback is due a Blu-Ray and is said to be Coming Soon. I do find this reliable as HMV did report Tarzan coming to Blu Ray aswell.

Here's the link - http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDet ... sku=980605
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
yamiiguy
Anniversary Edition

Post by yamiiguy »

HMV list quite a few titles like that. They're not 'reliable', they're just placeholders that have been up for years.

I have fond memories of Brother Bear. The plot isn't the strongest but the visuals and soundtrack are great.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Has any cover art been released for this one yet?
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

Barbossa wrote:Has any cover art been released for this one yet?
No specific date yet either for this or Atlantis. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't come out in October.