Disney's "The Snow Queen" in 2013?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Did you guys say Robert Lopez was doing the music for this movie now instead of Alan Menken? Because I don't know if Robert can live up to Alan's standards, to be honest.

Yes, I know he can do an amazing job with contemporary Broadway musicals like Avenue Q and The Book of Mormon, even Winnie the Pooh's music was good, as was his work on the Finding Nemo musical in Disney World. But Bob's music isn't exactly as... well... "timeless" as Alan's music in The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast or Pocahontas has been. I hope Robert proves me wrong.
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

DisneyDude2010 wrote:Frozen's Facebook Page
Oooh, loving that logo! ;)
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Wonderlicious wrote:
DisneyDude2010 wrote:Frozen's Facebook Page
Oooh, loving that logo! ;)
I believe and hope that not the final logo
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

Lnds500 wrote:
Wonderlicious wrote: Oooh, loving that logo! ;)
I believe and hope that not the final logo
I believe that is sarcasm :D

On a serious not though, it is not the official Logo.
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

DisneyDude2010 wrote:I don't think these exact images have been posted. So....

Concept Art from the films LONG development!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Thanks to DisneyFrozen
It doesn't look as the typical Disney design.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

DisneyJedi wrote:Yes, I know he can do an amazing job with contemporary Broadway musicals like Avenue Q and The Book of Mormon, even Winnie the Pooh's music was good, as was his work on the Finding Nemo musical in Disney World. But Bob's music isn't exactly as... well... "timeless" as Alan's music in The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast or Pocahontas has been. I hope Robert proves me wrong.
I disagree that Lopez's songs aren't timeless. The Book of Mormon has already attained that status and it's only been on Broadway for over a year now.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OKkLV1zE8M0?rel=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Toky
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Toky »

http://disneyfrozen.tumblr.com has some really cool concept art on it

ImageImage

Love that last picture, it is so classy :D Hope the Snowqueen herself won't be a total badass, cause i like the designs were she looks more of a goddess/ good fairy like
Last edited by Toky on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

I'm sure I've seen some of those before.. I think Sotiris has posted them and they are from the old version of the movie.. maybe?
Toky
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Toky »

Lnds500 wrote:I'm sure I've seen some of those before.. I think Sotiris has posted them and they are from the old version of the movie.. maybe?
Yeah they are 2003 concepts I believe, made by the same artist :)
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Toky wrote:Yeah they are 2003 concepts I believe, made by the same artist :)
Harald Siepermann?
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Lnds500 wrote:I'm sure I've seen some of those before.. I think Sotiris has posted them and they are from the old version of the movie.. maybe?
You recall correctly. I was the one who first discovered and posted those on page 41 of this thread and then Tumblr and other sites got a hold of them. The artist is Carol Kieffer-Police. However, the black-and-white sketch that Toky posted is by Paul Felix. I've posted the Snow Queen art by Paul Felix on page 35.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Yeah, I like the concept art for Anna and Kristoff. As for the Snow Queen, I think it's too big, grand, and pretty for her. Like I said earlier, I'm hoping for a mix of Malificent and Cruella.

I'm guessing by the concept art, the major changes to the story have been around since 2003.
Toky
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Toky »

Sotiris wrote:
You recall correctly. I was the one who first discovered and posted those on page 41 of this thread and then Tumblr and other sites got a hold of them. The artist is Carol Kieffer-Police. However, the black-and-white sketch that Toky posted is by Paul Felix. I've posted the Snow Queen art by Paul Felix on page 35.
Well I had never seen them and loved them so i decided to put them up :) The more it gets uploaded the better imo...since it's probably gonna take a while before we see new footage
Jay
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jay »

Toky wrote:http://disneyfrozen.tumblr.com has some really cool concept art on it

ImageImage

Love that last picture, it is so classy :D Hope the Snowqueen herself won't be a total badass, cause i like the designs were she looks more of a goddess/ good fairy like

I love these they have a very German/Scandanvian feel to them which is perfect for the story! I wonder if they're going to make the Snow Queen a flat out villain or not? With the Maleficent movie coming out and if they do make the SQ a villain this could be good marketing tool for the villain franchise :D
Candy-Bonita95
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Candy-Bonita95 »

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/06/11/d ... ated-tale/

The EW article has the plot summary.Apparently,I think the plot doesn't make sense.Perpetual winter and the Snow Queen is not in charge of this? The plot sounds like one of the Barbie fairytopia movies.Anna is not looking for Kristoff. Infact,Kristoff is not like Kay's character;he is a mountain climber who helps Anna. Atleast,the Tangled plot made sense and was related to the original story.
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Candy-Bonita95 wrote:http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/06/11/d ... ated-tale/

The EW article has the plot summary.Apparently,I think the plot doesn't make sense.Perpetual winter and the Snow Queen is not in charge of this? The plot sounds like one of the Barbie fairytopia movies.Anna is not looking for Kristoff. Infact,Kristoff is not like Kay's character;he is a mountain climber who helps Anna.
This sounds a lot like Tangled with a different name if you ask me.
Atleast,the Tangled plot made sense and was related to the original story.
Mildly.
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

Candy-Bonita95 wrote:http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/06/11/d ... ated-tale/

The EW article has the plot summary.Apparently,I think the plot doesn't make sense.Perpetual winter and the Snow Queen is not in charge of this? The plot sounds like one of the Barbie fairytopia movies.Anna is not looking for Kristoff. Infact,Kristoff is not like Kay's character;he is a mountain climber who helps Anna. Atleast,the Tangled plot made sense and was related to the original story.
From what I am looking at the Snow Queen could possibly actually not be the true villian of the movie and probably could be a victim of a curse by someone else.This would techinically make the Snow Queen an antiVillian at best guess.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Here's a threat for you, guys; The logo for Frozen;

http://i50.tinypic.com/2ljm4if.jpg
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

That is almost definitely fake. Disney ditched the "Walt Disney Pictures Presents" banner ages ago. :wink: