Disney's "The Snow Queen" in 2013?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

I'm glad that they're calling this movie Frozen, rather than being a very liberal adaptation of The Snow Queen yet maintaining that title.

Anyhow, I'm really looking forward to this story, seems pretty interesting.
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

Omg seriously.... that article.... India Menzel :roll: :lol:
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

So Frozen went from this: In “Frozen,” a prophecy traps a kingdom in eternal winter, so Anna (voice of Bell) must team up with Kristoff, a daring mountain man, on the grandest of journeys to find the Snow Queen (voice of Menzel) and put an end to the icy spell. Encountering Everest-like extremes, mystical creatures and magic at every turn, Anna and Kristoff battle the elements in a race to save the kingdom from destruction.

to this:In Frozen, a computer-animated musical comedy-adventure from Walt Disney Animation Studios, our hero Anna is cursed by her estranged sister, the cold-hearted Snow Queen. Anna’s only hope of reversing the curse is to survive a perilous but thrilling journey across an icy and unforgiving landscape. Joined by a rugged, thrill-seeking outdoorsman, his one-antlered reindeer and a hapless snowman, Anna must race against time, conquer the elements, and battle an army of menacing snowmen if she ever hopes to melt her frozen heart.

in only one month! All we now is some official pics of the characters. Hopefully next month!
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

Sotiris wrote:June 12, 2012
This is a previously released synopsis: In Frozen, a computer-animated musical comedy-adventure from Walt Disney Animation Studios, our hero Anna is cursed by her estranged sister, the cold-hearted Snow Queen. Anna’s only hope of reversing the curse is to survive a perilous but thrilling journey across an icy and unforgiving landscape. Joined by a rugged, thrill-seeking outdoorsman, his one-antlered reindeer and a hapless snowman, Anna must race against time, conquer the elements, and battle an army of menacing snowmen if she ever hopes to melt her frozen heart.
Source: http://emileeid.com/2012/06/12/disneys- ... oice-cast/
Oh goodie goodies! I'm so excited for this. Thanks for the info Sotiris.
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

TsWade2 wrote:
Sotiris wrote:June 12, 2012
Source: http://emileeid.com/2012/06/12/disneys- ... oice-cast/
Oh goodie goodies! I'm so excited for this. Thanks for the info Sotiris.
So,the Snow Queen and Anna are now sisters.Man,that is interesting.And I think I can sons the Snow Queen purists gathering to form an angry mob at Disney Studio.
Now I have a feeling why its called frozen because like in the orginal story her heart has become frozen.
I wonder if the Snow Queen will be an AntiVillian and eventually come to regret her actions.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

jazzflower92 wrote:I wonder if the Snow Queen will be an anti-villian and eventually come to regret her actions.
If she turns out to be indeed Anna's sister, they will redeem her for sure. They won't let die.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Sotiris wrote:
jazzflower92 wrote:I wonder if the Snow Queen will be an anti-villian and eventually come to regret her actions.
If she turns out to be indeed Anna's sister, they will redeem her for sure. They won't let die.
Ooooo but I would love it if they did kill her off. Take some risks. That would make for an extremely emotional ending. If she would get to the point where she regretted her actions, and maybe the only way to redeem herself truly would be to sacrifice herself in lifting the curse... That would be gold.
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

Sotiris wrote:
Maybe this story is a sister relationship story where two sisters have been torn by conflict and must find a way to heal their relationship.In the case Anna must try to find a way to make amends with ther sister and try to find a way to melt the Snow Queen's cold heart.
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

SWillie! wrote:
Sotiris wrote: If she turns out to be indeed Anna's sister, they will redeem her for sure. They won't let die.
Ooooo but I would love it if they did kill her off. Take some risks. That would make for an extremely emotional ending. If she would get to the point where she regretted her actions, and maybe the only way to redeem herself truly would be to sacrifice herself in lifting the curse... That would be gold.
That would actually be what Christian Anderson would do.Even though this movie will be very different from his version.Mostly in his stories death was often a common ending for a lot of his protagnists.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

So there are still going to be snow men in this? :lol: I don't know what more they could do to kill any excitement I once had at this point.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Disney's Divinity wrote:So there are still going to be snow men in this? :lol: I don't know what more they could do to kill any excitement I once had at this point.
You don't like Snowmen?
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Disney's Divinity wrote:So there are still going to be snow men in this? :lol: I don't know what more they could do to kill any excitement I once had at this point.
Change it into a live-action flick
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Definitely sounds interesting. And the whole sisters angle is giving me a Wicked vibe. Don't know why.

I get why Disney would fast track this. It fits in perfectly with the fairytale hype/trend. I'm most looking forward to Bobby Lopez's score and songs. His work on Winnie the Pooh was flawless. I wonder if he can do something more 'epic', which is what Disney fairytales usually are. His work on Book of Mormon suggests he can pull it off. He's better with musicals than Randy Newman.
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

I'm starting to think this second synopsis may be fake. (Has It actually been confirmed by a Disney Source?)
I'm just thinking this because It's gone from "a prophecy traps a kingdom in eternal winter" to "our hero Anna is cursed by her estranged sister" that seems like a big difference don't you think? Plus, wouldn't the second synopsis uses the actors names in brackets and The Snow Queen's name Elsa?!?
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

DisneyDude2010 wrote:I'm starting to think this second synopsis may be fake. (Has It actually been confirmed by a Disney Source?)
Me too, although I must confess that I like the second synopsis better. It seems more complex and more Disney.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

REINIER wrote:
Change it into a live-action flick
That'd do it.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

YOU DON'T FUCK WITH SNOWMEN. They'll mess your shit up..
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

Never cross a little girl with a pick axe, Lol!!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

DisneyDude2010 wrote:I'm starting to think this second synopsis may be fake.
It's possible but both The New York Times and TMC are listing this as the synopsis:
When Anna is cursed by her estranged sister, the cold-hearted Snow Queen, Anna's only hope of reversing the curse is to survive a perilous but thrilling journey across an icy and unforgiving landscape. Joined by a rugged, thrill-seeking outdoorsman, his one-antlered reindeer and a hapless snowman, Anna must race against time, conquer the elements and battle an army of menacing snowmen if she ever hopes to melt her frozen heart.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

Thanks Sotiris this seems more promising! I just couldn't trust that site which called Idina, INDIA!

(Didn't the NY site report that Lasseter was both producer and executive producer for KOTE?!?)