Disney's "The Snow Queen" in 2013?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Candy-Bonita95
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Candy-Bonita95 »

Lnds500 wrote:
Candy-Bonita95 wrote:http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/06/11/d ... ated-tale/

The EW article has the plot summary.Apparently,I think the plot doesn't make sense.Perpetual winter and the Snow Queen is not in charge of this? The plot sounds like one of the Barbie fairytopia movies.Anna is not looking for Kristoff. Infact,Kristoff is not like Kay's character;he is a mountain climber who helps Anna.
This sounds a lot like Tangled with a different name if you ask me.
But the conflict of the story is completely changed.

Rapunzel: The girl is forced to live in isolation

Tangled:The girl is forced to live in isolation

The Snow Queen: Kay is kidnapped by the Snow Queen.

Frozen:The world (or Anna's region) is in perpetual winter and somehow the Snow Queen is not responsible for it even though she is the
only one with that power. Who else could do this?God?Chernabog?:?

Look,I wont argue any more 8) because we don't have much of the narrative revealed.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Candy-Bonita95 wrote:The plot sounds like one of the Barbie fairytopia movies.
That was my impression too when I first read about the current version of the movie.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

What I found on Tumblr: (Source: http://disneyfandom.net/2012/07/03/disn ... ss-frozen/)
Merida has just joined the Disney Princess Line Up as the eleventh princess and there is to be yet another princess joining next year, as Princess Anna from upcoming movie Frozen, based on the classic tale of The Snow Queen. Anna, along with a ‘daring mountain man’ sets off on a journey to rid the kingdom of eternal winter by finding the Snow Queen. She is to be voiced by Kristen Bell and Frozen will be released on November 27th 2013!
She isn't becoming a Disney Princess, right? I think it would be great if she did, but it sounds like she won't be royalty. Plus, they said Merida has become a Disney Princess, which she won't be one. So, I'm taking that the author is wrong.
Linden
Special Edition

Post by Linden »

I saw that on Tumblr too & came here to check if it was true. Because UltimateDisney always gets the news first (ususally weeks or months before Tumblr). But it's not here. Does anyone know about this annoying bit of news?
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Linden wrote:Does anyone know about this annoying bit of news?
In the synopsis Disney provided via the press release for Frozen, Anna is not referred to as a princess and there's no indication that she's royalty at all. No further information has been released since then.

The logo attached to that Tumblr post is fan-made.

Also there no indication Merida will be joining the Disney Princess line. She probably won't since Brave is a Pixar production.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

Sotiris wrote:
Linden wrote:Does anyone know about this annoying bit of news?
In the synopsis Disney provided via the press release for Frozen, Anna is not referred to as a princess and there's no indication that she's royalty at all. No further information has been released since then.

The logo attached to that Tumblr post is fan-made.

Also there no indication Merida will be joining the Disney Princess line. She probably won't since Brave is a Pixar production.
You never know they might do it because of the fact Merida merchandising sells well.Plus the fact is Merida is getting popular with young grils as well.
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

In Australia they advertise her dolls as "Disney Princess Merida doll"...
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Victurtle wrote:In Australia they advertise her dolls as "Disney Princess Merida doll"...
Is the Disney Princess logo on any of the merchandise?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

June 15, 2012
Q: It was just announced that you’re going to star in Disney’s next animated movie “Frozen.” What’s it going to be like playing an animated character?

Idina Menzel: It’s a dream come true. I’ve always wanted to have a major role in an animated Disney movie. It’s something my son can watch and the people involved on this particular movie are so talented. I’m excited to work with Kristen Bell. It’s fun, you know, you can just go into the recording studio and you get to try a million and one different things. It’s a very creative process, so I’m really excited about it.
Source: http://www.stlbeacon.org/content/25594/ ... ody_061512

June 21, 2012
She recently signed on to do another onscreen fantasy, next year's “Frozen,” Disney's animated adaptation of Hans Christian Anderson's “The Snow Queen.”

“I love it,” Menzel said of her upcoming voiceover lead. “It means I don't have to worry about my age.”
Source: http://www.ourmidland.com/entertainment ... 4f232.html

Soon Menzel will work on a project for the big screen: She’ll be the voice of the Snow Queen in Walt Disney’s “Frozen,” based on Hans Christian Andersen’s “The Snow Queen.”

“This is a dream of mine come true; I had a little piece of it in ‘Enchanted’ [as Nancy Tremaine], but this is a whole different ballgame,” she said. “As soon as I get off tour, I go into the studio and really start getting into it.”
Source: http://www.toledofreepress.com/2012/06/ ... na-menzel/

July 03, 2012
Q: You have a new movie coming out, too?

Idina Menzel: Yes—I am so excited. It is animated and called Frozen. It is with Kristen Bell, who will be singing. It is a beautiful story. It will come out sooner than you think because they have done a lot of the artwork for it already. It might be a year away.
Source: http://www.windycitymediagroup.com/lgbt ... 38473.html

July 26, 2012
In addition to touring, Menzel is working on a number of projects. [...] She’s also thrilled to start work as Elsa in a new Disney movie called “Frozen” set for release in 2013.

“It’s amazing for me, like a dream,” she says. “It’s an animated Disney movie and there’s lots of music in it. It’s a beautiful story, and we just got started.”
Source: http://www.washingtonblade.com/2012/07/ ... els-magic/
Last edited by Sotiris on Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

Hello Everyone. I'm Disneyera. I have been following this site for quite some time, now I have finally joined. I look forward to discussing upcoming Disney films "Frozen, Wreck-It Ralph & Big Hero 6" with all of you!
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

Thanks & keep the Frozen info coming Sotiris! We should get are first character inages of Frozen by D23, hopefully!
Sotiris wrote:June 15, 2012
Q: It was just announced that you’re going to star in Disney’s next animated movie “Frozen.” What’s it going to be like playing an animated character?

Idina Menzel: It’s a dream come true. I’ve always wanted to have a major role in an animated Disney movie. It’s something my son can watch and the people involved on this particular movie are so talented. I’m excited to work with Kristen Bell. It’s fun, you know, you can just go into the recording studio and you get to try a million and one different things. It’s a very creative process, so I’m really excited about it.
Source: http://www.stlbeacon.org/content/25594/ ... ody_061512

June 21, 2012
She recently signed on to do another onscreen fantasy, next year's “Frozen,” Disney's animated adaptation of Hans Christian Anderson's “The Snow Queen.”

“I love it,” Menzel said of her upcoming voiceover lead. “It means I don't have to worry about my age.”
Source: http://www.ourmidland.com/entertainment ... 4f232.html

Soon Menzel will work on a project for the big screen: She’ll be the voice of the Snow Queen in Walt Disney’s “Frozen,” based on Hans Christian Andersen’s “The Snow Queen.”

“This is a dream of mine come true; I had a little piece of it in ‘Enchanted’ [as Nancy Tremaine], but this is a whole different ballgame,” she said. “As soon as I get off tour, I go into the studio and really start getting into it.”
Source: http://www.toledofreepress.com/2012/06/ ... na-menzel/

July 03, 2012
Q: You have a new movie coming out, too?

Idina Menzel: Yes—I am so excited. It is animated and called Frozen. It is with Kristen Bell, who will be singing. It is a beautiful story. It will come out sooner than you think because they have done a lot of the artwork for it already. It might be a year away.
Source: http://www.windycitymediagroup.com/lgbt ... 38473.html
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

DisneyEra wrote:Hello Everyone. I'm Disneyera.
Welcome! :wave:
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

Pleasure is mine. You always get first pics & info for upcoming Disney films. Can't wait to see what you will show us all next!
Sotiris wrote:
DisneyEra wrote:Hello Everyone. I'm Disneyera.
Welcome! :wave:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

DisneyEra wrote:You always get first pics & info for upcoming Disney films. Can't wait to see what you will show us all next!
I do what I can. :wink:
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

Kristen is about to fulfill another career aspiration as she will be voicing the next Disney princess musical, Frozen.
(STUPID) Source

and this is why I hate newspapers :x

Seriously..... *sighs*
Last edited by DisneyDude2010 on Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Welcome, DisneyEra! Glad to have more Disney fans on the board :pink:
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

DisneyEra wrote:Pleasure is mine. You always get first pics & info for upcoming Disney films. Can't wait to see what you will show us all next!
Sotiris wrote: Welcome! :wave:
Hey, Disney Era! :wave: :wave: :wave:

And thanks, Solis for the awesome stuff! I'm SO happy Idina will be the Snow Queen! I actually dreamed she died last night. :( Thank goodness, she's alive! :D
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

disneyprincess11 wrote: And thanks, Solis for the awesome stuff!
Don't you mean Sotiris? :wink:

DisneyEra I posted my welcoming for you on the Wreck it Ralph thread!
but just in case you don't see it Welcome :) and I hope you enjoy your experience on this forum!

Also DisneyEra and disneyprincess11 could you please press the "POST REPLY" button instead of the "QUOTE" button, it just makes the thread easier to read, instead of scrolling through the same material :) Thank you :D
Last edited by DisneyDude2010 on Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

@DisneyDude2010 Ok, sorry. :)
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

Sotiris wrote:
Victurtle wrote:In Australia they advertise her dolls as "Disney Princess Merida doll"...
Mmm not sure, the catelogue only has pictures of the dolls themselves, sorry!

whoops they're called Disney Princess Brave Dolls :lol: