Disney Store Exculsive 17" Princess Dolls

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

lol, i feel your pain about the space issue. I'm refusing to open them up, but at the same time I have no idea how to display them. Right now I'm living with my mother (trying to save up money), and we paid half-sies on Snow. Snow White is my mother's favorite princess so she has it on her dresser in her room. My mom also collects Madame Alexander dolls and has 2 huge doll cases in our living/dining room. I'm trying to convince her to make space in the cases for the princess dolls. I think I could justify taking them out of their boxes if they were in there. I'll probably keep the Aurora one in my mom when it FINALLY comes out, since she's my favorite.

sigh, i just realized i'll never grow up.... who needs neverland!
miklc
Gold Classic Collection

Post by miklc »

singerguy04 wrote:lol, i feel your pain about the space issue. I'm refusing to open them up, but at the same time I have no idea how to display them. Right now I'm living with my mother (trying to save up money), and we paid half-sies on Snow. Snow White is my mother's favorite princess so she has it on her dresser in her room. My mom also collects Madame Alexander dolls and has 2 huge doll cases in our living/dining room. I'm trying to convince her to make space in the cases for the princess dolls. I think I could justify taking them out of their boxes if they were in there.!
Yer I'm not taking Snow White out of her box, I think the box itself is very beautiful. If you do decide to displayher in one of these cases, do be sure to post pictures because I would love to see!
singerguy04 wrote:I'll probably keep the Aurora one in my mom when it FINALLY comes out, since she's my favorite.
Oh yes I carn't wait to see what they do with Aurora as Sleeping Beauty is my second favorite Disney film after The Little Mermaid! Snow White's outfit had a very Elizabethean feel about it, so I think they will try for a very Medieval appeal to Aurora's.

singerguy04 wrote:sigh, i just realized i'll never grow up.... who needs neverland!
Ha ha I agree me too and that's the best way to be! :lol:
I love The Little Mermaid and Ariel
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

Disneystore.co.uk has put the Tiana doll up on their site, but she isn't available for sale yet. The link is here and hopefully this means that the US Disney Store's will start pre-selling the doll soon. In the UK, it doesn't come with the movie, but I'm expecting it to be done here exclusively with a pre-order of the Blu-Ray or DVD of The Princess and the Frog.
I'm currently watching and reviewing every Disney film in chronological order. You can follow along at my blog, The Disney Films, and also follow me on Twitter.
broadwaybrian318

Post by broadwaybrian318 »

any word on the tiana doll in the states yet? I missed out on snow white and now going to have to get her on ebay i am not going to miss out on tiana
Babaloo
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Babaloo »

I just preordred my doll for my sister who's name is also Tiana. The doll can now be bought on the Disney website or at any Disney stores.
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

I preordered mine last night. Here is a direct link to the US Disney Store's page for Tiana: http://www.disneystore.com/new-arrivals ... 757/59518/

And as Babaloo said, you can also preorder it at any real Disney Store, although with Snow White each store was limited to 15 and sold out within a week.
I'm currently watching and reviewing every Disney film in chronological order. You can follow along at my blog, The Disney Films, and also follow me on Twitter.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

I just pre-ordered mine as well. I'm really excited to get it! Tiana, Belle, Ariel, and Aurora are the ones I'm the most excited about. I just hope Disney decides to keep this collection going so we actually do get all of the Princesses.
The Little Merboy
Special Edition

Post by The Little Merboy »

Thanks for posting about this guys, I was able to preorder mine on the site aswell. Tiana & Ariel were the ones I was most excited for, one down ;)
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

I went to thel Disney Store today where they had one of the dolls on display behind the checkout. I saw the doll in person last September at the D23 Expo, but if any of you want to see it in person before you order, you should head to your nearest Disney Store. And if you want to pre-order in a store instead of online, do it soon. The Snow White doll sold out in stores in less than 2 weeks.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

I'm basically giving this topic a bump since most of us we'll be getting ours on tuesday. I got an email from UPS on Friday basically saying it's on schedule! I'm really excited for it!
broadwaybrian318

bump
Last edited by broadwaybrian318 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
broadwaybrian318

so i got my tiana doll today and i am in love. She is perfection. But i really cant wait for belle now.

QUESTION: If anyone bought a extra snow white doll they are looking to maybe sell please contact me. I really need one now after seeing the amazingness of the tiana one. Please PM me and we can work out a price I am willing to pay a pretty penny for one
polish_princess

Post by polish_princess »

Cowardly Sparrow

Post by Cowardly Sparrow »

Each Disney Store had different amounts of dolls that they were allowed to sell, based on sales. My store received 24 Snow White dolls, which we sold out of in 2 days! Other stores in the area were only allowed to sell less than 10. It just depends on the store. We sold 52 Tiana dolls, however. Tiana didn't sell out quite as quickly as Snow White, but she's not as "known" yet.

There are a LOT of people looking forward to getting the Belle doll this fall, so if you're planning to get one make sure you're there the first day of the pre-sale! She will most likely sell out quicker than Snow White. If you purchased Tiana from a Disney Store (not online), the store will call you when Belle is available for pre-sale.

Also, when you purchase the dolls online, you do not receive the lithograph set.

I can also keep everyone updated when I get the exact date that she will be available. :D
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

So, I know we hadn't really heard anything regarding this collection in a very long time and I wanted to share some news.

I was at a local Disney store today and I asked a manager about whether or not Belle was getting a doll and she told me that she had received some information about it recently saying it was definitely happening. She said that there will also be a Jesse Doll for Toy Story 3's release.

When I asked her if she knew anything about Rapunzel, she said that she hadn't even heard much about new merchandise for the film coming into the store at all. I think it's safe to assume they'll be getting stuff for the film in late summer, which is probably why she hasn't heard much but it still took me by surprise.
amazon980
Gold Classic Collection

Post by amazon980 »

Any word on what the Belle doll looks like?
I saw Jessie shes meh lookin
broadwaybrian318

so is there any word or update on the belle doll. I really feel like we should have seen a picture of it by now as its just a few months away. Please any information would be fantastic
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

I don't know if that's the one you are talking about, but I found that this is the new Belle from 2010 by Mattel:

http://toyfair10.asmzine.com/gallery/ma ... _4877.html
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

bruno_wbt wrote:I don't know if that's the one you are talking about, but I found that this is the new Belle from 2010 by Mattel:

http://toyfair10.asmzine.com/gallery/ma ... _4877.html
Hmm... I've never bought a doll in my life, but I might consider purchasing that Beast doll...
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

New Disney Princess Merchandise (Christmas Season) from Disney Store

New line of Disney Princess Singing dolls: The articulated dolls feature a small, easily-accessible button in their right hands. When pressed, the doll plays a fifteen second snippet of the princess’ respective iconic song in a cappella style. In order to do this, Disney Store enlisted all of the original voice actresses (except for Cinderella and Aurora) to record the song especially for the dolls. All of the arrangements are unique and performed to the liking of the performer, so while Anika Noni Rose’s Almost There is relatively what one is used to, Jodi Benson delivers a true but breathy performance of Part of Your World while Paige O’Hara’s Belle and Lea Salonga’s A Whole New World provide powerful and border-line operatic performances. The dolls, marketed as toys moreso than collectibles, are an unusual 17″ tall and will retail for $29.50 each.

And some Beauty and the Beast merchandise:

Including Special limited edition Holiday Belle from Disney Store:

Plus all the Tangled merchandise: