Disney Store Exculsive 17" Princess Dolls

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I'm seriously considering picking up those Cogsworth and Mrs. Potts toys for my friends.
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

bruno_wbt wrote:New Disney Princess Merchandise (Christmas Season) from Disney Store

New line of Disney Princess Singing dolls: The articulated dolls feature a small, easily-accessible button in their right hands. When pressed, the doll plays a fifteen second snippet of the princess’ respective iconic song in a cappella style. In order to do this, Disney Store enlisted all of the original voice actresses (except for Cinderella and Aurora) to record the song especially for the dolls. All of the arrangements are unique and performed to the liking of the performer, so while Anika Noni Rose’s Almost There is relatively what one is used to, Jodi Benson delivers a true but breathy performance of Part of Your World while Paige O’Hara’s Belle and Lea Salonga’s A Whole New World provide powerful and border-line operatic performances. The dolls, marketed as toys moreso than collectibles, are an unusual 17″ tall and will retail for $29.50 each.

Why is Snow White missing? :(

Maybe last year they had enough Snow White merchandise?
Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

Snow is missing, and so are Pocahontas and Mulan. But to me, it's almost odder that Rapunzel isn't there, considering that the dolls will be released around Christmas season, so a little after "Tangled."

This would be a much neater set to collect if all 10 were present and accounted for.
http://dragonsbane.webs.com
http://childrenofnight.webs.com

^My websites promoting my two WIP novels! Check them out for exclusive content!
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

I can't help but think that they all had breast reductions...

Does that make me odd?
Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

Widdi wrote:I can't help but think that they all had breast reductions...

Does that make me odd?
No, you're absolutely right.... It kind of makes them look a little weird, now that I think about it. Poor Tiana's dress doesn't even looks like it fits right anymore!

singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Margos wrote:Snow is missing, and so are Pocahontas and Mulan. But to me, it's almost odder that Rapunzel isn't there, considering that the dolls will be released around Christmas season, so a little after "Tangled."

This would be a much neater set to collect if all 10 were present and accounted for.
With the Rapunzel merch there is a 17" doll. I'm pretty sure she is a part of this collection. I haven't heard anything about that doll particularly, but it seems to match the others.
Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

singerguy04 wrote:
Margos wrote:Snow is missing, and so are Pocahontas and Mulan. But to me, it's almost odder that Rapunzel isn't there, considering that the dolls will be released around Christmas season, so a little after "Tangled."

With the Rapunzel merch there is a 17" doll. I'm pretty sure she is a part of this collection. I haven't heard anything about that doll particularly, but it seems to match the others.
Oh, OK! But it still sucks to be missing the other three.

singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Yeah, I would've loved the Pocahontas one. I hate how she's left out all the time. It's probably because she's not as girly. It's really weird to me that Snow White isn't included though!

I'm definitely going to check out the Aurora doll. Sleeping Beauty is my favorite film, so I have a collection of random things to do with the film.
Frog Princess

Post by Frog Princess »

The pictures of the new deluxe Belle have hit the internet! Here she is:

(click on this picture to see a bigger version)

Her box:

What do you think? I love that they made her dress gold, not yellow. And I like how they did the bodice - I think it's great that the designers are taking some creative liberties with this line of dolls.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

I feel like her hair is too long and that the bottom of the dress could be larger, but other than that she's gorgeous!!! I hope she goes up for pre-sale soon! These dolls go so fast!
amazon980
Gold Classic Collection

Post by amazon980 »

love it! I hope Rapunzel is next!
Cowardly Sparrow

Post by Cowardly Sparrow »

The presale for the limited edition Bell doll starts on August 16th in store and online!

Be sure to get yours ASAP because she will sell out even quicker than Snow White and Tiana.

Edited to add that we will hopefully find out next week what the next doll in the line will be, when we get the presale voucher holders.
amazon980
Gold Classic Collection

Post by amazon980 »

just to let you guys know the doll no longer comes with the movie she is still 99.50. you half to buy the movie separate. the next doll is Rapunzel
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

amazon980 wrote:just to let you guys know the doll no longer comes with the movie she is still 99.50. you half to buy the movie separate. the next doll is Rapunzel
What!?! That blows! Why would they take away the movie part of the deal? I'm glad to hear Rapunzel is next, although I don't know who else would've come next.

Maybe they are doing this so that they don't have to release the dolls with their next DVD/Blu release... I wonder who we'll get next fall if that's the case.
The Little Merboy
Special Edition

Post by The Little Merboy »

I think the Snow White & Tiana dolls were much prettier. Belle's looks, gawdy.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Disney Store Princess Dolls Movie Release Collection

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Disney Duster wrote:
But I wonder why it doesn't match the Snow White doll at all?!

Except maybe in the thin arms.

That's what mostly bothers me. Snow White was a very thick-bodied young girl, now turned into something anorexic and stick-like.
That's the only thing I wondered when I was looking at the dolls, too. They look nice (though $99 worth? ), but the arms definitely don't look right. Not that it really bothers me. It just seems a little...I don't know...strange to market dolls like that to little girls when anorexia/weight perception/etc. have been such big issues the last 20+ yrs. More than anything, I'm wondering why $99 = tiny stick arms?! :lol:

I actually like the dolls okay (as modern inspirations of old characters), though pieces of them are a bit too gawdy/modern for my tastes (the necklaces). Snow White's probably my favorite right now. I just hope the Ariel one looks okay in...3 years. :(

And I love the Holiday Belle. That dress from The Enchanted Christmas has always appealed to me. :)
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Jay
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jay »

I don't really like the way Cinderella and Jasmine look /: Snow White and Tiana look nice. And Belle is ok looking. Aroura and Ariel are blocked out so I can't have an opinion haha.
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

My biggest complaint about the latest deluxe Belle doll is her eyes having extra long curving eyelashes coming out of the corners.
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

I love the Belle dolls eyes! She looks like such a creeper! :wink:
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

The Belle doll has already sold out on disneystore.com so I hope those of you who wanted one already ordered it. If you haven't, I visited the Disney Store closest to my house yesterday and they still had it for sale. They also had one of the dolls on display, so if anybody wants to see it in person I'm assuming that all Disney Store's have one on display.
I'm currently watching and reviewing every Disney film in chronological order. You can follow along at my blog, The Disney Films, and also follow me on Twitter.