Disney Store Exculsive 17" Princess Dolls

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Re: Disney Store Exculsive 17" Princess Dolls

Post by Mooky »

Disney Store dolls are more articulate and their clothes are more detailed, but their face molds are terrible and they somehow always manage to look extremely cheap. Like knock-off brand cheap. I prefer Mattel's Disney dolls by a long shot.
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

Dragonlion wrote:Here's another view of the Ariel doll and it looks like we will get a LE Eric AND a LE Ursula.
The drawing of Ariel on the plate is so pretty! Is that round thing in front of the plate attached to the stand holding the plate upright?
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

That Ursula dress looks like the designer Ursula doll one, only now is that the actual Ursula is wearing it instead of that skinny model. :lol:
Dragonlion
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Dragonlion »

Sneak peek at LE Elsa:

[Source]
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Introducing Limited Edition Anna and Elsa Dolls from Disney's Frozen
http://blog.disneystore.com/blog/2013/1 ... rozen.html

Image gallery on Disney Store Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 529&type=1

Did someone get the dolls from The Disney Fairytale Designer Collection?;

Introducing the Disney Fairytale Designer Collection
http://blog.disneystore.com/blog/2013/0 ... ction.html
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

Mooky wrote:Disney Store dolls are more articulate and their clothes are more detailed, but their face molds are terrible and they somehow always manage to look extremely cheap. Like knock-off brand cheap. I prefer Mattel's Disney dolls by a long shot.

I used to the agree, but the past few years I believe that Disney Store's quality has surpassed Mattel's.
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Yeah, within about the past two to three years Disney Store has REALLY stepped up their game with dolls. I won't even consider buying any other brand at this point. Their molds are absolutely superb - Anna and Elsa being the best I've seen thus far. Disney Stores ornaments are another good example of their molds having really improved drastically over the past couple years. The sketchbook ornaments this year and last look like they jumped off a model sheet.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Agreed about the Frozen dolls, the resemblance is uncanny. Others really need more work. Ideally, the dolls would have Mattel's face (and body) molds and Disney Store produced gowns and accessories (as tacky as some of them may be).

Nothing can convince me this:

looks better and truer to the film-design than this (the one on the left):
sweetjuliet

Post by sweetjuliet »

Prince Edward wrote:
Did someone get the dolls from The Disney Fairytale Designer Collection?;

Introducing the Disney Fairytale Designer Collection
http://blog.disneystore.com/blog/2013/0 ... ction.html
I have 4 of them.

I'm planning to give a huge Disney-themed party in 2014 and I thought these dolls would make an excellent display. I wanted to buy Belle & Beast but they were immediately sold out at my Disney Store. So I bought Snow White & Charming which were (next to Aladdin & Yasmine) the only ones that hadn't sold out at the store. I liked them so much that I was wondering about the Belle & Beast. Afterwards I found Belle & Beast for a fairly good price at Ebay. They arrived and they are truly wonderful, so I kept checking out the other ones at Ebay. I found Ariel & Eric for a really good price at Ebay and bought them too. Currently, the prices are going crazy at Ebay... I went back yesterday to my Disney Store and I bought the Aladdin & Yasmine set. So I have them all except for Rapunzel. It would be nice to have her for my party because every set really has something. But I'll only get her for a fair price.

I can't say which one is the most beautiful...
The most beautiful detailed is the one of Yasmine & Aladdin because both have very detailed clothing. In the other sets, the princes are a little on the background next to the detailed Princesses. But for me personally, the one of Belle & Beast is the most beautiful. I suppose that I'll keep this one after the party.

It's the first time I bought those dolls and I wouldn't have done it if I hadn't this Disney-party coming. But I must say that I'm really impressed and I understand why people love to collect them.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

New line for the Fairytale Designer Collection: Heroes & Villains

"Disney Fairytale Designer Collection—Happily ever after meets happily evil in Disney Store’s newest series of the Disney Fairytale Designer Collection being previewed at D23 EXPO. Featuring five sets of Limited Edition pairs, these collector doll sets were designed by Disney Store artists and carefully crafted to capture the beauty and romance of fairytale friends and foes.

Available for the first time at D23 EXPO, guests can pre-purchase the complete set of five Hero/Villain pairs prior to the general public pre-sale beginning online Monday, September 14.

Following the preview at D23 EXPO, the doll sets will be released and available for purchase in stores and online starting September 29, with a new pair released each week. Each set is limited to an edition of 6,000 globally and comes with a Certificate of Authenticity.

This line expands into a collection of apparel, mugs, journals, home décor, and more, available to the general public in stores and online on September 14."

Line starts with Snow White & the Witch: http://blog.disneystore.com/.a/6a013481 ... bd3970b-pi
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

That Snow White and Witch art is beautiful! I like the designs.

Mooky, I actually think only the right Ariel where her face is more short and round looks the least like the one in the movie.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

These remind me of Jim Shore figurines. Some can be tasteful, but others are a little overdone. They're too high for me to buy, but I hope the villains turn out okay for people who want them.

I'm surprised they went with the Hag rather than the Queen, but I have always preferred the former.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

In 2014 Disney Store released two princess Aurora dolls (blue and pink), as well as prince Phillip and Maleficent as 17" limited edition dolls. The release of 3 characters: princess/heroine, prince/hero & villain seems to be the new trend since Ariel, prince Eric and Ursula was released in 2013.

Disney also released two more Anna and two more Elsa 17" dolls in 2014, as well as a Kristoff doll. (Here's hoping for a upcoming Hans doll!)

Disney Store also expanded upon their 2013 Disney Fairytale Designer Collection (5 couples: Snow White/prince, Ariel/Eric, Belle/Beast, Aladdin/Jasmine, Rapunzel/Flynn) in 2014, and added 5 more couples (Cinderella/Prince Charming, Aurora/prince Phillip, Pocahontas/John Smith, Mulan/Shang and Tiana/Naveen) to the collection.

This year Disney Store will release 17" limited edition Jasmine doll, at the same time as they release the upcoming "The art of Jasmine" collection (just as they released The Art of Ariel in 2013 and The Art of Aurora in 2014). And hopefully they will include Aladdin and Jafar as well!^^

Ideally, I would like to see Pocahontas/John Smith/Ratcliffe, Megara/Hercules/Hades, Mulan/Shang/Shan Yu, Esmeralda/Phoebus/Frollo get added to this line. And I hope for re-releases of Ariel as human, and of Belle, Snow White, Rapunzel, Cinderella etc so that Disney may make variations of them and also release a prince and a villain alongside those princesses that have not already gotten this.

Since Beauty and the Beast and Snow White seems to be the next "princess movies" getting released as a part of a new DVD/Blu-ray "brand", at least in the US, I hope we will get a new Belle doll (in a different dress than the yellow one perhaps), prince Adam (as human, not the Beast!), and Gaston released at the same time as the Blu-ray. Snow White, her prince and the Evil Queen would also have been nice.

2015 Jasmine 17" doll:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/68105287@N03/20309334215/
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I'm surprised they went with the Hag rather than the Queen
Me too. The Queen makes more sense from a glamour/fashion/doll standpoint, but I think it's great they're using the Witch. I just hope the actual doll looks good.

The new Jasmine doll has already sold out. Took less than 48 hours to do so from the time it was put up online.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I'm surprised they went with the Hag rather than the Queen, but I have always preferred the former.
Yes, this came as a shock. They almost ALWAYS go with the Queen over the Hag. They need to do the Hag for their regular, more affordable classic doll line. They can just reuse the face mold from this one and give us a cheaper fabric, etc. I mean, they pretty much did the reverse of that with that 'deluxe' Ursula from a while back...
Prince Edward wrote:This year Disney Store will release 17" limited edition Jasmine doll, at the same time as they release the upcoming "The art of Jasmine" collection (just as they released The Art of Ariel in 2013 and The Art of Aurora in 2014). And hopefully they will include Aladdin and Jafar as well!^^
I would love to see a deluxe Jafar (that I wouldn't be able to afford. :lol: ), but I don't think it's going to happen. I was hoping Mattel would release a Jafar, too, considering they had done Ursula, The Evil Queen and Maleficent.
Prince Edward wrote:Ideally, I would like to see Pocahontas/John Smith/Ratcliffe, Megara/Hercules/Hades, Mulan/Shang/Shan Yu, Esmeralda/Phoebus/Frollo get added to this line.
I can all ready tell you, that ain't going to happen. I mean, Pocahontas and Mulan have a shot, but Hercules and Hunchback? No chance. (As sad as that makes me.) I'm convinced that the ONLY way to get merchandise--ANY merchandise--for these films is to flood Disney with requests for it. Because, otherwise, they will continue to ignore anything that isn't Diamond Edition or Princess Related. Would it KILL them to OCCASIONALLY, just occasionally, mind you, release the odd plush for the 'cult' Disney films. They'd sell...fans would buy them out in a heartbeat. I mean, look at that Gaston doll. How fast did it sell out? And how long had fans clamored for Gaston merch? They STILL haven't restocked him. Or those really lovely Robin Hood plushes from around 2008? Wouldn't it be nice if Disney threw the fans of these films a bone every now and then like that?
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Count me as surprised about the Witch, too, as it goes against the beautiful doll idea (though characters like the Witch can still be beautiful dolls if not beautiful characters), but I think the reason they're using her is this collection will use times when the heroes and heroines interacted with the villains. It would be kind of weird to see Snow White facing the Evil Queen, wouldn't it? They will probably have to go against this idea, though, so they can do things like have Aurora with Maleficent or Belle in her gold dress with Gaston or Cinderella in her silver dress with Lady Tremaine.
Miss Manday
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Miss Manday »

I figured they were using the hag since they already did the Queen in their villain collection. Yes, Snow has already been done a few times, but she's the title/princess character. But for those that might have alternate looks/outfits, hopefully we'll see those for something different! *crosses fingers*
admin of Mouse Ears // find me on Moviepilot!
Image Image Image
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

I wish the Frozen set had Hans in his winter coat. I love that coat.
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

unprincess wrote:I wish the Frozen set had Hans in his winter coat. I love that coat.
There might be released a special version of Elsa/Hans for the D23 Expo, and a regular version for the public through Disney Store later. Perhaps we'll see some changes to his outfit if that occurs. I am hoping that Disney would also release a 17" Hans doll. They have released a version of Kristoff as well as 3 (!!!) 17" versions of Elsa and of Anna (while Pocahontas, Mulan, Megara, Esmeralda etc have 0 17" dolls), so I think they should have included the villain as well. I like all his outfits (Winter, coronation and standard), so hard to chose what I would prefer the most.
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Disney Duster wrote:Count me as surprised about the Witch, too, as it goes against the beautiful doll idea (though characters like the Witch can still be beautiful dolls if not beautiful characters), but I think the reason they're using her is this collection will use times when the heroes and heroines interacted with the villains. It would be kind of weird to see Snow White facing the Evil Queen, wouldn't it? They will probably have to go against this idea, though, so they can do things like have Aurora with Maleficent or Belle in her gold dress with Gaston or Cinderella in her silver dress with Lady Tremaine.
Disney could also feature Bell in her blue dress (a slightly more detailed/beautiful version perhaps) and Cinderella in her pink dress. Aurora should feature her blue dress. I hope these 3 couples will be included among the 5 couples that most likely will be added in 2016.

My other dream picks for this Disney Fairytale designer hero vs villain collection: Aladdin (or Jasmine) & Jafar, Hercules (or Megara) & Hades, Quasimodo (or Esmeralda) & Frollo, Pocahontas & Ratcliffe, Mulan & Shan Yu.