DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:46 am 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:34 pm
Posts: 3
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knew why the UK has a different list of classics than the USA.

This is the current list in the US
1 Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
2 Pinocchio
3 Fantasia
4 Dumbo
5 Bambi
6 Saludos Amigos
7 The Three Caballeros
8 Make Mine Music
9 Fun and Fancy Free
10 Melody Time
11 The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
12 Cinderella
13 Alice in Wonderland
14 Peter Pan
15 Lady and the Tramp
16 Sleeping Beauty
17 One Hundred and One Dalmatians
18 The Sword in the Stone
19 The Jungle Book
20 The Aristocats
21 Robin Hood
22 The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
23 The Rescuers
24 The Fox and the Hound
25 The Black Cauldron
26 The Great Mouse Detective
27 Oliver & Company
28 The Little Mermaid
29 The Rescuers Down Under
30 Beauty and the Beast
31 Aladdin
32 The Lion King
33 Pocahontas
34 The Hunchback of Notre Dame
35 Hercules
36 Mulan
37 Tarzan
38 Fantasia 2000
39 Dinosaur
40 The Emperor's New Groove
41 Atlantis: The Lost Empire
42 Lilo & Stitch
43 Treasure Planet
44 Brother Bear
45 Home on the Range
46 Chicken Little
47 Meet the Robinsons


However it differs in the UK....
1 Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
2 Pinocchio
3 Fantasia
4 Dumbo
5 Bambi
6 Saludos Amigos
7 The Three Caballeros
8 Make Mine Music
9 Fun and Fancy Free
10 Melody Time
11 The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
12 Cinderella
13 Alice in Wonderland
14 Peter Pan
15 Lady and the Tramp
16 Sleeping Beauty
17 One Hundred and One Dalmatians
18 The Sword in the Stone
19 The Jungle Book
20 The Aristocats
21 Robin Hood
22 The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
23 The Rescuers
24 The Fox and the Hound
25 The Black Cauldron
26 The Great Mouse Detective
27 Oliver & Company
28 The Little Mermaid
29 The Rescuers Down Under
30 Beauty and the Beast
31 Aladdin
32 The Lion King
33 Pocahontas
34 The Hunchback of Notre Dame
35 Hercules
36 Mulan
37 Tarzan
38 Fantasia 2000
39 The Emperor's New Groove
40 Atlantis: The Lost Empire
41 Lilo & Stitch
42 Treasure Planet
43 Brother Bear
44 Home on the Range
45 Chicken Little
46 The Wild
47 Meet the Robinsons

I was just wondering why we don't have Dinosaur, but the US don't have The Wild??


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:52 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:34 pm
Posts: 4809
Location: The Netherlands
The Wild was not made by Disney.

The list on Walt Disney ANimation Studios' website is the only correct list.

It's annoying that there are a billion different lists out there though. Bedknobs and Broomstick, Pete's Dragon and Oliver & Company were released here in The Netherlands this week labeled as #22, #26 and #30, respectively. Wich makes no sense. Why include Pete's Dragon and leave out So Dear to My Heart and Song of the South? Why include mixed live action at all?

If you're gonna follow a list, go to Disney's official site. My advice is to make your own list. Still, The Wild does not belong on any list. Not so much because Disney didn't make it, but because it makes Chicken Little look like Citizen Kane.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:44 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 4:44 pm
Posts: 2473
Location: Sarajevo, B&H Gender: Male
PatrickvD wrote:
My advice is to make your own list.

I agree. The only list that should matter is your own. Disney France counts even sequels as animated classics (for marketing purposes, no doubt) - but who in the world would want to follow that list?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:32 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:47 am
Posts: 4635
Location: UK
We British have a different list just to be unique and different. We drive on the left hand side of the road, we call Santa Claus Father Christmas, we and we include The Wild in our animated classics list! Yes, there'll always be an England! God bless 'er majesty, our darlin' Lizzie! ;)

Being serious now, I've given up on hopes of any of these lists. I'd say the US one is relatively accurate, but the fact that (at least at one point) the link to the website of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh was the film's Wikipedia page implies to me that the list is a bit on the dubious side. The UK one seemed pretty accurate for a while, until they put The Wild in the official list (which as Patrick mentions, wasn't made by Disney, or least animated by the main animation studio). They'd labeled some films not on the official list as "Walt Disney Classics" (not just Mary Poppins and the like, but also The Jungle Book 2 :roll: ), but The Wild was the first one to go waywardly into the list, really screwing things up.

The French list seems to have been compiled by an obsessive of sorts, and includes pretty much any animated or part-animated feature film made by or associated with Disney. Though there is some heirachy; the lesser films such as package films and DTVs are labeled as "Classiques", the Platinums as "Chef d'œuvre" (masterpiece) and everything else as "Grand Classique" ("Grand Classique" would translate well simply as "classic", but have a truer meaning than the term "classique", which, from having lived in France for a while, I think implies a classic that's called a classic just for the sake of it).

And with every list, there's the subject of the anthology films. I think Disney just includes them to bulk the list up. For years, they weren't considered part of the canon (many books on Disney history reiterate the fact that up until Cinderella in 1950, Disney hadn't made an animated feature since Bambi eight years earlier), and a lot of the package features contain chunks of live-action, so why they should be included in a list of "fully animated films" seems a bit confusing, especially since the likes of Mary Poppins and Song of the South are left out.

As Mooky and Patrick have said, if you're unsure, make your own list. Personally, I think my list would look quite different; I prefer to call films of quality "classics" as opposed to anything and everything like the Big Cheese, who'll put anything in the mix. :p

EDIT: Also forgot to mention; Bolt in the UK has no numbering or classic label at all. :o ;)

_________________
-Joe

Blog | Deviantart


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:49 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:35 pm
Posts: 4749
Location: The Netherlands
PatrickvD wrote:
It's annoying that there are a billion different lists out there though. Bedknobs and Broomstick, Pete's Dragon and Oliver & Company were released here in The Netherlands this week labeled as #22, #26 and #30, respectively. Wich makes no sense.

Are these numbers only on the Dutch editions? Or are they on the American editions as well?

PatrickvD wrote:
Still, The Wild does not belong on any list. Not so much because Disney didn't make it, but because it makes Chicken Little look like Citizen Kane.

:lol: Seriously, is it *that* bad?

I have trouble seeing Dinosaur on the list, and all other CGI-films. I also think it's strange that Saludos Amigos, with a runtime of 45 minutes, is on the list, as well as films that have live-action in it, like The Three Caballeros and Fun and Fancy Free (hate the live-action in that one with passion, by the way).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:15 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure

Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:40 pm
Posts: 2377
Location: The Land of Lincoln
Goliath wrote:
PatrickvD wrote:
It's annoying that there are a billion different lists out there though. Bedknobs and Broomstick, Pete's Dragon and Oliver & Company were released here in The Netherlands this week labeled as #22, #26 and #30, respectively. Wich makes no sense.

Are these numbers only on the Dutch editions? Or are they on the American editions as well?

PatrickvD wrote:
Still, The Wild does not belong on any list. Not so much because Disney didn't make it, but because it makes Chicken Little look like Citizen Kane.

:lol: Seriously, is it *that* bad?

I have trouble seeing Dinosaur on the list, and all other CGI-films. I also think it's strange that Saludos Amigos, with a runtime of 45 minutes, is on the list, as well as films that have live-action in it, like The Three Caballeros and Fun and Fancy Free (hate the live-action in that one with passion, by the way).


No, the U.S. editions don't mention a number at all. There was a time on the VHS's for sure that they said this film was a certain number on the back description, but we've long abandoned the numbering system. I also have a hard time seeing Dinosaur on the list. I it's mostly because it uses real environment footage. I'm not opposed to CGI films being included, but for me Dinosaur is only part animated to begin with.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:40 pm 
Offline
Gold Collection
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:07 pm
Posts: 187
Location: Ireland
This was discussed here too: http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... c&start=20


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:50 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:36 am
Posts: 1164
Location: The Netherlands, The Hague
Recently I've purchased the dvd of The Rescuers. I noticed there was a number on te spine: 25. The same with Snow White recent 2 disc-edition: nr 1. The SW dvd also included a sheet with number-stickers to put on your Disney dvd's. I did that with most, anyone else?
There were 52 'classics' on this official list, but I did not find Enchanted on it. Why the hell not? if there is a fairly recent Disney production that should be on the list it's Enchanted! Somebody able to solve this mystery? :roll:

_________________
Image

See my growing collection of Disney movie-banners at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/78256383@N ... 651337290/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:55 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 12:22 pm
Posts: 951
Location: Under the Sea
BelleGirl wrote:
Recently I've purchased the dvd of The Rescuers. I noticed there was a number on te spine: 25. The same with Snow White recent 2 disc-edition: nr 1. The SW dvd also included a sheet with number-stickers to put on your Disney dvd's. I did that with most, anyone else?
There were 52 'classics' on this official list, but I did not find Enchanted on it. Why the hell not? if there is a fairly recent Disney production that should be on the list it's Enchanted! Somebody able to solve this mystery? :roll:


Because I think it's an honorary classic, just like Mary Poppins or Bedknobs and Broomsticks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:38 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:36 am
Posts: 1164
Location: The Netherlands, The Hague
bruno_wbt wrote:
BelleGirl wrote:
Recently I've purchased the dvd of The Rescuers. I noticed there was a number on te spine: 25. The same with Snow White recent 2 disc-edition: nr 1. The SW dvd also included a sheet with number-stickers to put on your Disney dvd's. I did that with most, anyone else?
There were 52 'classics' on this official list, but I did not find Enchanted on it. Why the hell not? if there is a fairly recent Disney production that should be on the list it's Enchanted! Somebody able to solve this mystery? :roll:


Because I think it's an honorary classic, just like Mary Poppins or Bedknobs and Broomsticks


But both MP and B&B were included in the list! Just one more reason why Enchanted should have been included too! MP is no. 19, by the way, right before Jungle Book

_________________
Image

See my growing collection of Disney movie-banners at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/78256383@N ... 651337290/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:30 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 12:22 pm
Posts: 951
Location: Under the Sea
BelleGirl wrote:
bruno_wbt wrote:
BelleGirl wrote:
Recently I've purchased the dvd of The Rescuers. I noticed there was a number on te spine: 25. The same with Snow White recent 2 disc-edition: nr 1. The SW dvd also included a sheet with number-stickers to put on your Disney dvd's. I did that with most, anyone else?
There were 52 'classics' on this official list, but I did not find Enchanted on it. Why the hell not? if there is a fairly recent Disney production that should be on the list it's Enchanted! Somebody able to solve this mystery? :roll:


Because I think it's an honorary classic, just like Mary Poppins or Bedknobs and Broomsticks


But both MP and B&B were included in the list! Just one more reason why Enchanted should have been included too! MP is no. 19, by the way, right before Jungle Book


Really?
In my country they are not included in the list. It just says that those are honorary classics...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:54 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:23 am
Posts: 2934
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Stickers for the cases? This must be something available overseas.


Last edited by Barbossa on Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:00 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition

Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:48 pm
Posts: 902
Location: Los Angeles
Well, I guess the first correction necessary here is that there are 49 classics, not 52 (check the classics page on this very site to see the list).

As for why Enchanted isn't a Disney classic...only a small percentage of the film is animated, and that animation was not done at Disney, which is part of the requirement for it to be considered a classic. The animation for Enchanted was done at James Baxter animation studio.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:26 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:20 pm
Posts: 3673
Location: Boston, MA
Marce82 wrote:
Well, I guess the first correction necessary here is that there are 49 classics, not 52 (check the classics page on this very site to see the list).


As was mentioned, films like "Mary Poppins" (and presumably "Pete's Dragon" and "Bedknobs and Broomsticks"?) are included on this list. I don't know why, but there you have it.

_________________
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:00 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:34 am
Posts: 2632
BelleGirl wrote:
bruno_wbt wrote:
BelleGirl wrote:
Recently I've purchased the dvd of The Rescuers. I noticed there was a number on te spine: 25. The same with Snow White recent 2 disc-edition: nr 1. The SW dvd also included a sheet with number-stickers to put on your Disney dvd's. I did that with most, anyone else?
There were 52 'classics' on this official list, but I did not find Enchanted on it. Why the hell not? if there is a fairly recent Disney production that should be on the list it's Enchanted! Somebody able to solve this mystery? :roll:


Because I think it's an honorary classic, just like Mary Poppins or Bedknobs and Broomsticks


But both MP and B&B were included in the list! Just one more reason why Enchanted should have been included too! MP is no. 19, by the way, right before Jungle Book


Mary Poppins and Beadknobs was not on that list nor was it ever! In recent years, Disney has not kept up the "official" list as well, but you can find as close as possible on this very site.

Here is the list:

1. SNOW WHITE
2. Pinocchio
3. Fantasia
4. Dumbo
5. BAMBI
6. Saludio Amigos
7. The Three caballeros
8. Fun and Fancy Free
9. Make Mine Music
10. Meldoy Time
11. Ichbod and Mr. Toad
12. CINDERELLA
13. Alice in Wonderland
14. Peter Pan
15. Lady and the Tramp
16. Sleeping Beauty
17. 101 Dallmations
18. Sword in the Stone
19. JUNGLE BOOK
20. Aristocats
21. Robin Hood
22. WINNIE THE POOH
23. Rescuers
24. Fox and the Hound
25. Black Cualdron
26. Great Mouse Detective
27. Oliver and Co.
28. Little Mermaid
29. Rescuer Downunder
30. BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
31. Aladdin
32. LION KING
33. Pocahontas
34. Hunchback of Noter Dame
35. Hercules
36. Mulan
37. TARZAN
38. Fantasia 2000
39. Emperor's New Groove
40. Atlantis
41. LILO & STITCH
42. Treasure Planet
43. Brother Bear
44. Home on the Range
45. Chicken Little
46. Meet the Robinson
47. Bolt
48. Princess and the Frog
49. Repunzel
50. King of The Elves

_________________
____________________________________________________________
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:06 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:20 pm
Posts: 3673
Location: Boston, MA
milojthatch wrote:
Mary Poppins and Beadknobs was not on that list nor was it ever! In recent years, Disney has not kept up the "official" list as well, but you can find as close as possible on this very site.


As I understand it, they are counted in some European countries. Also to add to your list, "Dinosaur" was shoe-horned into the canon several years after its release.

_________________
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:50 am 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:36 am
Posts: 1164
Location: The Netherlands, The Hague
You can all deny that certain titles are on the classic list, I just tell you what I saw on the sheet - I did not make it up! It contains several movies that are partly animated/partly life-action, so by that logic Enchanted should have been included too (Even though it was animated at James Baxter, I only see 'Walt Disney' at the cover!). Later on this day I shall post all the numbered titles as presented to me as 'classic' in this thread. Probably it is just an European thing, have no idea why Disney would not present this list the same way worldwide.

_________________
Image

See my growing collection of Disney movie-banners at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/78256383@N ... 651337290/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:33 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:34 am
Posts: 2632
SpringHeelJack wrote:
milojthatch wrote:
Mary Poppins and Beadknobs was not on that list nor was it ever! In recent years, Disney has not kept up the "official" list as well, but you can find as close as possible on this very site.


As I understand it, they are counted in some European countries. Also to add to your list, "Dinosaur" was shoe-horned into the canon several years after its release.


European Countries do strange things. As for Dinosaur, I have seen some count it. It's kind of maybe, sort of, but sure, why not, lets count it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Di ... d_features

_________________
____________________________________________________________
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:05 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:36 am
Posts: 1164
Location: The Netherlands, The Hague
As promises, here is the "classic" list as put down in the leaflet with stickers I found in my Snow White dvd case.

1. Snow White - diamond/blu-ray
2. Pinocchio - diamond/blu-ray
3. Fantasia - diamond
4. Dumbo
5. Bambi -diamond
6. Saludos amigos
7. The three Caballeros
8. Make Mine Music
9. Fun and Fancy Free
10. Melody Time
11. The adv. of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
12.Cinderella - diamond
13. Alice in Wonderland
14. Peter Pan
15. Lady and the Tramp -diamond
16. Sleeping Beauty - diamond/blu ray
17. 101 Dalmatians - diamond
18. The Sword in the stone
19. Mary Poppins
20. The Junglebook - diamond
21 Aristocats
22. Bedknobs & Broomsticks
23. Robin Hood
24. The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh
25. The Rescuers
26. Pete's Dragon
27. Fox and the Hound
28. The Black Cauldron
29. The great Mouse Detective
30. Oliver & Co
31 The Little Mermaid
32. Rescuers Down Under
33. Beauty and the Beast
34. Aladdin
35. Lion king - diamond
36. Pocahontas
37. Hunchback of Notre Dame
38. Hercules
39. Mulan
40. Tarzan
41. Fantasia 2000 - diamond
42. Dinosaur - blu-ray
43. The Emperor's New Groove
44. Atlantis
45. Lilo & Stitch - Blu-ray
46. Treasure Planet
47. Brother Bear
48. Home on the Range
49. Chicken Littel - blu-ray
50. The Wild - blu-ray
51. Meet the Robinsons - blu-ray
52. Bolt - blu-ray


The accompanying text in the leaflet reads ( I translate from the Dutch):

Dear Disney fan,

In this little book you'll find 52 stickers of all Disney classics that have been released. It is a very special series of unforgettable Disney movies. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs was the first fully animated feature made by Walt Disney (1937). With this he took an enormous risk, but the film became a great success. Now it is Disney Classic number 1: 'The one that started it all'.

NUMBERING THE DISNEY CLASSICS
From now on all the Disney Classics will appear on the market with their own number. In addition we give you the opportunity to provide your existing collection with numbers by means of these stickers, to start your collection immediately.

Within the collection a few films are selected that have a so-called Diamond status. These are the ultimate crown jewels out of the treasuries from the Disney studios.
Two times a year a Diamond edition is released that is available for a limited time before it goes in the Disney vault again. From now on the new Diamond titles are also available on Disney Blu-ray in high def. For more information: (Url addresses)


(Maybe it was a bit needless to translate the third paragraph, for all Ud-ers are quite familiar with the policy explained here - I did it for completeness' sake)

So what do you all think of this list? Waiting for your commentary. :D

_________________
Image

See my growing collection of Disney movie-banners at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/78256383@N ... 651337290/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:40 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:34 am
Posts: 2632
BelleGirl wrote:
As promises, here is the "classic" list as put down in the leaflet with stickers I found in my Snow White dvd case.

1. Snow White - diamond/blu-ray
2. Pinocchio - diamond/blu-ray
3. Fantasia - diamond
4. Dumbo
5. Bambi -diamond
6. Saludos amigos
7. The three Caballeros
8. Make Mine Music
9. Fun and Fancy Free
10. Melody Time
11. The adv. of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
12.Cinderella - diamond
13. Alice in Wonderland
14. Peter Pan
15. Lady and the Tramp -diamond
16. Sleeping Beauty - diamond/blu ray
17. 101 Dalmatians - diamond
18. The Sword in the stone
19. Mary Poppins
20. The Junglebook - diamond
21 Aristocats
22. Bedknobs & Broomsticks
23. Robin Hood
24. The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh
25. The Rescuers
26. Pete's Dragon
27. Fox and the Hound
28. The Black Cauldron
29. The great Mouse Detective
30. Oliver & Co
31 The Little Mermaid
32. Rescuers Down Under
33. Beauty and the Beast
34. Aladdin
35. Lion king - diamond
36. Pocahontas
37. Hunchback of Notre Dame
38. Hercules
39. Mulan
40. Tarzan
41. Fantasia 2000 - diamond
42. Dinosaur - blu-ray
43. The Emperor's New Groove
44. Atlantis
45. Lilo & Stitch - Blu-ray
46. Treasure Planet
47. Brother Bear
48. Home on the Range
49. Chicken Littel - blu-ray
50. The Wild - blu-ray
51. Meet the Robinsons - blu-ray
52. Bolt - blu-ray


The accompanying text in the leaflet reads ( I translate from the Dutch):

Dear Disney fan,

In this little book you'll find 52 stickers of all Disney classics that have been released. It is a very special series of unforgettable Disney movies. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs was the first fully animated feature made by Walt Disney (1937). With this he took an enormous risk, but the film became a great success. Now it is Disney Classic number 1: 'The one that started it all'.

NUMBERING THE DISNEY CLASSICS
From now on all the Disney Classics will appear on the market with their own number. In addition we give you the opportunity to provide your existing collection with numbers by means of these stickers, to start your collection immediately.

Within the collection a few films are selected that have a so-called Diamond status. These are the ultimate crown jewels out of the treasuries from the Disney studios.
Two times a year a Diamond edition is released that is available for a limited time before it goes in the Disney vault again. From now on the new Diamond titles are also available on Disney Blu-ray in high def. For more information: (Url addresses)


(Maybe it was a bit needless to translate the third paragraph, for all Ud-ers are quite familiar with the policy explained here - I did it for completeness' sake)

So what do you all think of this list? Waiting for your commentary. :D


I'm dead serious, some of those films where not on that list even five years ago, and I don't just mean becuase they were not made yet. What the hey?! This is new actually.

_________________
____________________________________________________________
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: disneyprincess11 and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group