Fantasia/F2K: 2-Movie Collection Discussion: Nov. 30, 2010

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

zackisthewalrus wrote:Here's a quote from That1GuyPictures from Blu-ray.com who's apparently close to Disney:
Platinum titles will still continue to be released. Look for the number to increase from 2 per year to either 3 or 4, also Look for new titles to enter Platinum status for the first time. Dumbo will be a special edition, not a platinum release. Snow White & Beauty and the Beast are Diamond editions.
Fantasia 1940 & 2000 will both be Platinum Editions, The Diamond editions are upgrades from the platinum editions. For example a title will not have two platinum editions, it will have one platinum followed by an upgraded Diamond editon. The other main title I would look for next year sometime is Aladdin. The moniker used may be either Diamond, Special or Platinum, but I actually think it will stay a Platinum edition and simply be re-released as the first Disney Blu-Ray exclusive release, where NO DVD will be re-issued.
:D
Since Disney did say something about Dumbo being a Platinum, I would doubt this information being completely correct. He also completely contradicts himself by saying all past PE's would be upgraded to DE and then says Aladdin will remain PE. I'm not saying they might not have a reliable source, but this isn't a official comment from Disney itself.

I think what we can take from this information is the idea that Disney may just upgrade the PE's to DE's and adding to the Platinum line.

This would make Fantasia/2000, Alice in Wonderland, and Dumbo more likley future PE's. Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin however will become DE's.

I'm personally excited for more Platinum status releases through the year, I'm impatient by nature. I do however fear for the quality of these releases. If this does happen where 3 or 4 Platinum style releases are coming to us a year then I would only have to expect them to resemble Peter Pan's PE.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Along with this launch, Disney will also release the Fantasia 2000 Platinum Edition, which has also been recently restored and remastered
Anyone else a little disturbed by that? It better only be SA.
Last edited by ajmrowland on Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rudy Matt
Special Edition

Post by Rudy Matt »

zackisthewalrus wrote:Here's a quote from That1GuyPictures from Blu-ray.com who's apparently close to Disney..
He's not close to Disney. He's a Best Buy employee. He just repeats rumours off other Disney forums and chat boards.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

I don't care what they are called

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I am to the point here's my belief of releases of DAC or any disney film

I don't care whether they are Labeled, Diamond, Platinum, Gold, Silver, Special , corny and stupidly named edition, anniversary,collector's or any of the combos....as long as they are released with a good treatment and they all get decent if not more than spectacular bonus features and a good transfer and is loaded with goodies and gets the treatment it deserves...which Frankly I think all of them should be released in the best possible form for its platform being blu ray or DVD....whether it be Dumbo or The Emeperor's New Groove to Snow White......or The Lion King... to Treasure Planet...they all are classics even though each one is from a differ genre......I mean The Princess and The Frog thats coming out will be a classic......maybe not to all people but it will be viewed as a classic and as iconic as any of the other Disney Animated films have been....within 10 years or sooner
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Re: I don't care what they are called

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

disneyboy20022 wrote:I am to the point here's my belief of releases of DAC or any disney film

I don't care whether they are Labeled, Diamond, Platinum, Gold, Silver, Special , corny and stupidly named edition, anniversary,collector's or any of the combos....as long as they are released with a good treatment and they all get decent if not more than spectacular bonus features and a good transfer and is loaded with goodies and gets the treatment it deserves...which Frankly I think all of them should be released in the best possible form for its platform being blu ray or DVD....whether it be Dumbo or The Emeperor's New Groove to Snow White......or The Lion King... to Treasure Planet...they all are classics even though each one is from a differ genre......I mean The Princess and The Frog thats coming out will be a classic......maybe not to all people but it will be viewed as a classic and as iconic as any of the other Disney Animated films have been....within 10 years or sooner
Fantastic post, disneyboy20022. I couldn't agree with you more. :)
I'm just valentine candy and boxing-gloves!

My DVD Collection :
http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

So is it official (foreign electronics sites don't count), are we still getting Fantasia/2000 next Spring? Any insiders on here know anything about this, has there been a press release or has anyone confirmed the trailer being on Snow White Diamond Edition?

Also, any chance we'll see One by One, Lorenzo, and The Little Matchgirl, in addition to the previously announced Destino as a tribute to Fantasia 2006? Maybe with an intro from Roy and the shorts' directors explaining what its all about. I'm interested in hearing the story on this project and seeing them (never saw Lorenzo but I've seen the rest on YouTube). It'd just be nice to see them all in one spot, paired with movies that make a little more sense than The Lion King 2 and The Little Mermaid.

So if anyone has any insider info, lets hear it!
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

We still just have that spanish site's word. If there was a press release, you'd have seen it on the home page of this site.
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

jpanimation wrote:So is it official (foreign electronics sites don't count), are we still getting Fantasia/2000 next Spring? Any insiders on here know anything about this, has there been a press release or has anyone confirmed the trailer being on Snow White Diamond Edition?

Also, any chance we'll see One by One, Lorenzo, and The Little Matchgirl, in addition to the previously announced Destino as a tribute to Fantasia 2006? Maybe with an intro from Roy and the shorts' directors explaining what its all about. I'm interested in hearing the story on this project and seeing them (never saw Lorenzo but I've seen the rest on YouTube). It'd just be nice to see them all in one spot, paired with movies that make a little more sense than The Lion King 2 and The Little Mermaid.

So if anyone has any insider info, lets hear it!
I'd love to see all those featured on a new edition of "Fantasia/Fantasia 2006"; in particular 'The Little Matchgirl', which was a beautifully animated piece. The logical reason why it was featured on THE LITTLE MERMAID release was because they are both Hans Christian Andersen stories. :)
I'm just valentine candy and boxing-gloves!

My DVD Collection :
http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/
pick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by pick »

DISNEY CONFIRMS FANTASIA IN DIAMOND NEXT YEAR!
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=3395

"Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment have formally announced the Diamond Collection, which represents 14 of the most beloved and historic animated films the studio has ever made. Each title will be thoroughly restored for the highest level of picture and sound. Additionally, each Blu-ray will feature ground-breaking special features that promise to push the limits of Blu-ray.

Bob Chapek, President of Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment commented, "Because today's family rooms are more technologically-advanced and consumer expectations are higher than ever, we are excited to announce the launch of the Diamond Collection. We believe that the collection offers consumers the opportunity to enjoy these timeless classics like never before, and underlines Disney's commitment to continue to bring the best quality product and immersive experiences in to the home."

The first title to be released will be the October 6th Blu-ray release of 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs', after which two titles will be released each year from the collection. For 2010, 'Beauty and the Beast' and 'Fantasia and Fantasia 2000' have been scheduled for Blu-ray release. The remainder of the titles - 'The Lion King', 'Bambi', 'Cinderella', 'Lady and the Tramp', 'The Little Mermaid', 'Peter Pan', 'The Jungle Book', and '101 Dalmatians' - will be released sometime in 2011-2015, completed by re-releases of 'Sleeping Beauty' and 'Pinocchio' as part of the Diamond Collection.

Disney promises that each title will be remastered from the original negative (when available) for a pristine 1080p picture and stunning 7.1 soundtrack. As with all special Disney releases, these titles will only be available for a limited time."
-------------------------------------------------------
"Just Make a Wish, and do as dreamers do...
and all your Wishes will come True..."
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I guess that confirms that Aladdin has gotten the boot, huh? :(
Thanks for sharing, pick!
Coolmanio
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Coolmanio »

Sweet! This is very good news!!!!

Now we will have to wait and see if Dumbo will be continuing the Platinum line or just a special edition.
Old Fish Tale
Anniversary Edition

Post by Old Fish Tale »

I don't understand... What happened to 'Dumbo'?
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Dumbo was only announced as a PLATINUM EDITION!

That's what the initial report and front page said, and I'm pretty sure this is what they meant. It seems to me that both lines are going to co-exist. Dumbo will be platinum and Fantasia will be Diamond. This probably also means that Alice in Wonderland will also be a Platinum next year, I assume.
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

Well this ad from TheHDRoom says Special Edition (like Mulan):

I guess the only thing we know for sure is it will finally get the 2-disc treatment. Whatever they call it, I'm exited that we get this and Fantasia next year. Maybe we'll get Aladdin as Special Edition too, probably around the time The Lion King comes out.
ohmahaaha
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ohmahaaha »

Will "Fantasia" still be made available as a Platinum/Standard Edition DVD?? :?
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

No, it'll be a Diamond Edition on both DVD and BD, which shoots down our earlier predications that the DEs were only made up of films that had been previously been PEs.
pick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by pick »

ohmahaaha wrote:Will "Fantasia" still be made available as a Platinum/Standard Edition DVD?? :?
Actually, it WILL be released on DVD, but not as a Platinum or a Diamond, from what I understand... it'll be a "2-Disc DVD", like the new Snow White one...
-------------------------------------------------------
"Just Make a Wish, and do as dreamers do...
and all your Wishes will come True..."
CampbellzSoup
Anniversary Edition

Post by CampbellzSoup »

I wonder what Disney Blu Ray plans look like for 2011.

So far:

Dumbo
Fantasia/Fantasia 2000
Beauty and the Beast
Finding Nemo
Toy Story 1 & 2
schoollover
Gold Classic Collection

Post by schoollover »

CampbellzSoup wrote:I wonder what Disney Blu Ray plans look like for 2011.

So far:

Dumbo
Fantasia/Fantasia 2000
Beauty and the Beast
Finding Nemo
Toy Story 1 & 2
Dont you mean 2010 because I think in 2011 the lion king is going to come out and you forgot two
Walt Disney always belived in quality, bring the quality back.
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

schoollover wrote:
CampbellzSoup wrote:I wonder what Disney Blu Ray plans look like for 2011.

So far:

Dumbo
Fantasia/Fantasia 2000
Beauty and the Beast
Finding Nemo
Toy Story 1 & 2
Dont you mean 2010 because I think in 2011 the lion king is going to come out and you forgot two
I think Mike was just re-stating what we already know, and asked what the 2011 schedule would look like.