Fantasia/F2K: 2-Movie Collection Discussion: Nov. 30, 2010

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Re: Fantasia/F2K: 2-Movie Collection Discussion: Nov. 30, 20

Post by rodrigo_ca »

Lnds500 wrote:
rodrigo_ca wrote:since it's already here...
can someone tell me if the Irwin re-record of the soundtrack was released in CD or vinyl only?
I read it somewhere that there was a CD version but released briefly. Maybe I got it wrong,
It was. I got it from eBay 2-3 years ago
The_Iceflash wrote:
It was. I got it at a thrift store this past summer for $.95. I thought it was the original soundtrack but after I bought it I saw it was the re-record.

This is what it looks like. http://www.discogs.com/Irwin-Kostal-Wal ... se/1441711

It doesn't credit Irwin on the outside case. The clue that it is his is that it says "digitally recorded" on the cover. The original soundtrack was not digitally recorded.
oh my gosh, thank you
it's available on Amazon by 0.50 cents, so I will add this up on my collection :lol:
GreatGreg
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Re:

Post by GreatGreg »

ajmrowland wrote:
Ivan wrote: My player is a PS3, which are most definitely region-locked, so I can confirm the title is region free.
PS3s are region free in US.

Yeah, nine months later.
PS3 games are region-free, but your PS3 is region-locked for movies. That is, if you didn't hack your PS3.
GreatGreg
Gold Classic Collection

Post by GreatGreg »

gardener14 wrote:
Marce82 wrote:Ok.... I own a few blu ray discs (pretty much combo packs where bonus features were exclusive to blu rays, leaving dvds bare), but up until now, I didn't own a player.

I recently bought an external blu ray player that hooks up onto my computer. I have the Fantasia movies on blu ray, and had read the review on this very site for this set. AND INDEED: the Fantasia 2000 disc DOES have A LOT of bonus features not accessible from the discs menu. Pretty much, its like the entire Fantasia Anthology third disc is there... and the two making-of documentaries, one for each film.

WHAT????? I sure am glad I can access these features. Disney: what were you thinking???
For us technologically challenged, how can these features be accessed? Can they be accessed on a Blu-ray player, or do I need a computer that plays Blu-ray discs? Is that a common feature of new computers anyway (my computer is a few years old, so I'm not even aware if Blu-ray compatibility is becoming standard)? Whether the features are viewable on a Blu-ray player or computer, are they easy to access or do I need to be computer savvy to unlock them? Thanks for any help.
It sounds like all you need is a computer with a Blu-ray drive attached to it. I haven't seen these features myself, but discs oftentimes have features that are only accessible via computer.
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Actually, most computers these days dont have blu ray players. At least not laptops.

Anyway, you can buy an external blu ray player on Amazon for around $40. Once you have that, you'll need regular blu ray playing software to open the disc, but the "hidden features" are there. Just look at the listings within the disc and you'll see the movie along with every trailer AND special feature.
disneyftw1
Gold Classic Collection

Post by disneyftw1 »

gardener14 wrote: For us technologically challenged, how can these features be accessed? Can they be accessed on a Blu-ray player, or do I need a computer that plays Blu-ray discs? Is that a common feature of new computers anyway (my computer is a few years old, so I'm not even aware if Blu-ray compatibility is becoming standard)? Whether the features are viewable on a Blu-ray player or computer, are they easy to access or do I need to be computer savvy to unlock them? Thanks for any help.
What Disney has done here is having these features locked on the regular Blu-ray player when connected to the internet using their BD-Live feature (very dumb to begin with.), so these features (at least in this one) are mainly accessible on, so far, computers with internal/external Blu-ray drives. Using software such as MakeMKV can copy the files into .mkv format. You can't play these features to find out which one is which unless you copy them. (VLC plays MKV's)
There's also BD-playing software such as (for macs) MacGo Blu-ray player, in which you can play the titles of the discs without the use of the BD-Java technology used in these discs... which was the thing that made all this impossible to access on a regular Blu-ray Player! ... though, be warned, the software has to be online in order to unlock the AACS protection to play the disc online/offline on your computer. It's difficult to learn at first, but when getting used to it, shouldn't be that difficult.
And no, Blu-ray compatibility is not the full standard (especially Macs. Had to buy an external Blu-ray drive and software to play these discs on my nice-looking macbook when I'm not able to access the TV. Couldn't believe it either when I found out about these bonuses accessible without BD-Live. Thing is, I don't think this is the case for Lion King or Pocahontas Blu-rays. Unless I'm wrong, these features might be strictly online.)
This is DisneyFTW1, a former Youtube account that was terminated by Disney themselves. My current Youtube Account is FilmFTW2 (FilmFTW1 was terminated). Youtube sucks when it comes to film uploads, and it sucks even more when major corporations are following your channels. But what can I do?