Fantasia/F2K: 2-Movie Collection Discussion: Nov. 30, 2010

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Fantasia/F2K: 2-Movie Collection Discussion: Nov. 30, 2010

Post by zackisthewalrus »

So, I don't know if this has been started already, but here we go.

So, I'm very excited about these releases. I really can't wait to see how good a CAPS film looks in Blu. Plus, once we get surround sound (I still don't know why we don't have it yet), it will sound INCREDIBLE. :D I'm hoping that cover art will be released soon (since the first cover art for Snow White was released in January). When did cover art, press release, etc. come out for Pinocchio (how soon before or after Sleeping Beauty was released)? What are your opinions on the Diamond release of these 2 films?
Last edited by zackisthewalrus on Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

I want them on DVD. I was excited when I first heard they were being re-released. But if in fact they only end up on Blue-ray, not so excited anymore. Kind of sad actually.

Oh by the way, I totally agree with your signature. Films and movies should be released in their original format and not be stretched of trimmed.
Neal
Anniversary Edition

Post by Neal »

I really, really want the short "Lorenzo" as a bonus feature!
drfsupercenter
Anniversary Edition

Post by drfsupercenter »

I just want an uncensored release of Fantasia.

But knowing Disney, it'll never happen. :roll: :cry:

Howard Ashman:
He gave a mermaid her voice, a beast his soul, and Arabs something to complain about
Arabian Nights (Unedited)
Savages (Uncensored)
If it ain't OTV, it ain't worth anything!
yukitora
Special Edition

Post by yukitora »

Will this even be a diamond edition release? those may only be for re-releases 8)
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

drfsupercenter wrote:I just want an uncensored release of Fantasia.

But knowing Disney, it'll never happen. :roll: :cry:
Well, you never know, really. ;)
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

There are five DACs that I'm still missing from my DVD collection and Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 are two of them, so I'll definitely be buying them. If I recall, the last issue wasn't on store shelves for very long.

I do hope they include some deleted scenes like this one:

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fLSzlBaU3jM&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fLSzlBaU3jM&hl ... a&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Does anyone have any idea what kind of release will this be? Two separate Diamond Editions, 3-disc Diamond Edition of both films (à la Fantasia Anthology) or a DE of Fantasia and a SE of Fantasia 2000?
"A typical ideologue of all things social justice for the sake of sounding smart and politically proper."

:bow:
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

I hope it will be 2 seperate Diamond Editions with 2 discs each but it will probably be a 3-disc set ala Fantasia Anthology
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Yeah, I guess... I'm kinda rooting for option No. 3 because I hate when two movies are put in the same package, it sort of cheapens them to me. And at the same time, even though I really like it, I don't think F2000 is worthy of a DE... not yet, that is.
"A typical ideologue of all things social justice for the sake of sounding smart and politically proper."

:bow:
JDCB1986
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JDCB1986 »

It hasn't even been confirmed yet that Fantasia will be a Diamond... let alone Fantasia 2000.

So maybe we should wait and see. Regardless of which banner they get though... I'm willing to bet it will be two 2-Disc sets, released at the same time.
stewie15
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stewie15 »

I'm hoping for 2 separate 2 disc Platinum Editions for Fantasia and Fantasia 2000. It would be nice if Disney could finish the PE's with these 2 and save Diamond Editions for the re-releases.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

JDCB1986 wrote:It hasn't even been confirmed yet that Fantasia will be a Diamond... let alone Fantasia 2000.

So maybe we should wait and see. Regardless of which banner they get though... I'm willing to bet it will be two 2-Disc sets, released at the same time.
I'd have to agree. I bet they will do it right this time! But, we will have to wait and see how it goes...
Deco King
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Deco King »

I am really looking forward to Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 appearing on Blu Ray !!

Fantasia is a favourite movie of mine from childhood , and I love several segments the Nutcracker Suite , with the magical dewdrop fairies , Chernabog from A Night on Bald Mountain , and the Kay Nielsen influenced demons and witches etc. The Dance of the Hours with the marvellous Alligators and Hippos etc.

I'm looking forward to seeing what can be done with the original Leopold Stokowski soundtrack by todays digital remastering techniques!

I am also really looking forward after Fantasia to Cinderella , Dumbo , Bambi , Jungle Book and 101 Dalmatians all appearing on Blu Ray!!
To Make Doubly Sure Bring Back Her Heart In This!!
MadasaHatter
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MadasaHatter »

Did anyone get the Fantasia Anthology set they had a while back? If so, do you think it'd be worth it for me to hunt it down on ebay or half.com (etc)? What are some of the features?
Neal
Anniversary Edition

Post by Neal »

Well, here's what this site has to say about the set:
Closing Thoughts
Unfortunately, I think extensive sets like The Fantasia Anthology have gone the way of the dodo at Disney, after recent DVDs have disappointed a majority of Disney fans. In this light, my appreciation for it has grown since it contains just about everything you could want relating to the films. This set is worth every penny. I highly recommend adding it to your collection before it goes out of print at the end of this month (January 2004). Two excellent films, paired with an overflow of extras: this an animation fan’s, let alone a movie fan’s, dream.
Read here.

I think the set is really nice, I ordered my copy on e-bay just about this time last year. However, with a new set coming in 2010, I'd personally wait. While Disney is not known for carrying over bonus-features, they may surprise you and release a DVD set who's features equal or surpass the anthology set, and has a cleaner, crisper transfer.

If you really want Fantasia now the anthology set is the way to go. If you can wait a year, or at least until we get details on the 2010 re-release, do that.
MadasaHatter
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MadasaHatter »

Great! Thanks for the tip. I think I'll wait, at least until the specs come out.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I ordered just the "Fantasia Legacy" disc from Amazon.com, and paid only $25 and some change. That might be a good thing to buy, even if you rebuy the movies, because surely all the material on that disc won't show up on the new releases, I'm assuming.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Right now, the set is far too expensive at amazon. I'll pay $30, but that's it. I think it'd be wonderful to have this, but I cannot afford it right now. I'm saving up for other things, and do not have a lot of money to spare.