Beauty & the Beast original colors - in upcoming platinu

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Special Edition

Post by 271286 »

Marce82 wrote:DarthPrime.... yes, it is the same disc. What geniuswalt wants it the movie taken from the 3d disc (with THOSE colors)... but he wants it in 2D and playable in a computer.
Is that even possible to make a 2D mkv from a 3D Blu-Ray Disc? It would be neat... I personally would feel no guilt downloading that, as I already bought the flawed Blu-Ray release...
kylemj
Limited Issue

Post by kylemj »

If you have the disk and blu-ray drive it is possible but the file size is 24.2GB
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Thats where one compromises and brings the resolution down to 720p and applies some sort of compression.
:-)
Haralampos

Post by Haralampos »

You can see a 3D movie without 3D player or 3D screen with VLC media player. Just download DVDFab Passkey & VLC media player! (with no disc menus) also it's easy to take screenshots! 8)
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Of course its not really in 3d is it
geniuswalt
Gold Classic Collection

Post by geniuswalt »

Marce82 wrote:DarthPrime.... yes, it is the same disc. What geniuswalt wants it the movie taken from the 3d disc (with THOSE colors)... but he wants it in 2D and playable in a computer.
Well said Marce82....so anyone can help us?
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

ajmrowland wrote:Of course its not really in 3d is it
While not ideal you can view it in 3D using the Magic eye method.
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Sorry guys... I can't help beyond the theory: I don't have the 3d version, nor do I have a blu ray drive
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

I simply downloaded the 3D version and use VLC to watch it in 2D. I don't know what else to tell you.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Kyle wrote:
ajmrowland wrote:Of course its not really in 3d is it
While not ideal you can view it in 3D using the Magic eye method.
I wasnt exactly hopeful but what's that?
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

I don't suppose there's any way to add that file to iTunes is there?
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

ajmrowland wrote:I wasnt exactly hopeful but what's that?
You've never heard of Magic eye books?
There these pictures that looked like a scrambled mess, but 3D when viewed correctly. They were very popular in the 90s.

Basically you view a 2D image in 3D yourself manually by combining the two images. You don't go cross eyed (as that would reverse the effect) but its the same idea. You look further into the distance than you normally would, causing your eyes to combine the two pictures to form a single 3D image. There are a lot of methods for beginners, one being to find a reflection on the screen/page and focus on that rather than the picture itself. Another is to find an object across the room and slowly move toward it. Some people say they cant do it, for me it came pretty naturally. I didn't have to spend any time at all training my eyes to do it right, it just happens. I can see any magic eye style 3D picture/video almost instantly.
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Hey guys,

I need a little help. I just downloaded the 3-D version of Beauty and the Beast (I have the 2-D blu ray).
First, and I hate to admit it, but the colors look way better on the 3-D (though the yellow's lean a bit toward green-ish)... and I love that it IS the theatrical cut.

Anyway... here is where I need help. Its an mp4 file. Right now, the right and left eye views play side by side, squeezed to fit in the 16x9 frame. Any ideas how I can see one of them at a time, and un-squeezed? Or if there is a way I can see it in 3-D with the red/green glasses?

I'm playing it with VLC right now...

HELP!
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

I feel like I should just make this a sticky.

Using VLC, you'll first want to make a custom aspect ratio of 32:9. This setting will correct the aspect ratio. Next, head up to the top menu bar and click "Window" and then down to "Video Filters..." This should get you a pop-up window titled "Video Effects". Click on the "Crop" tab within that window and you should get something that looks like this:

.........................Top [_____0 px]

Left [_____0 px]...........................Right [_____0 px]

.....................Bottom [_____0 px]

All the values are defaulted to 0. Type 960 in either the Left or the Right side, doesn't matter. This should cut the image in half.

Note: I'm on Mac, so the layout may be a little different for Windows but rest assured all these setting will still work.
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Thanks for the tips... But my VLC doesnt have custom aspect ratio. I guess I will have to import the film into aftereffects and re render it all.

I assume the left side is the original eye?

And I might even try to replace the "the 3d edition" with "silver screen partners II" at the beginning... to get as close to theatrical as possibly :)
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Oops/// when I reopened VLC I had managed to create the 32:9 ratio! Awesome/

I might still re-render the whole film... so I can play it on other programs...
geniuswalt
Gold Classic Collection

Post by geniuswalt »

Marce82 wrote:Oops/// when I reopened VLC I had managed to create the 32:9 ratio! Awesome/

I might still re-render the whole film... so I can play it on other programs...
were you able to re-render the whole film that way?
Can you tell me how so I can do that myself?

Thank you
Special Edition

Post by 271286 »

Technically When you turn a 3D movie into 2D it is not full HD anymore right would it even be 720p?
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

I may be wrong, but I think its still full HD. You would just get one eye, instead of both to create the 3D effect.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Kyle wrote:
ajmrowland wrote:I wasnt exactly hopeful but what's that?
You've never heard of Magic eye books?
There these pictures that looked like a scrambled mess, but 3D when viewed correctly. They were very popular in the 90s.

Basically you view a 2D image in 3D yourself manually by combining the two images. You don't go cross eyed (as that would reverse the effect) but its the same idea. You look further into the distance than you normally would, causing your eyes to combine the two pictures to form a single 3D image. There are a lot of methods for beginners, one being to find a reflection on the screen/page and focus on that rather than the picture itself. Another is to find an object across the room and slowly move toward it. Some people say they cant do it, for me it came pretty naturally. I didn't have to spend any time at all training my eyes to do it right, it just happens. I can see any magic eye style 3D picture/video almost instantly.
oh right, those. those arent very easy for me, but I can try