Walt Disney Treasures Wave IX Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

I can't forget to nag about Sammy the Way Out Seal too! Along with Escapade in Florence, The Horsemasters and The Prince and the Pauper - - Like Dr Syn, these are Wonderful World of Color films that need full exposure - - especially in their theatrical versions!
leuchtmuschel
Limited Issue

Will the 9th wave of Disney treasures appears on Blu-ray?

Post by leuchtmuschel »

I think Disney will make the next bunch of treasures on Blu-ray.

It fits naturally into the strategy of Disney on the market today. Blu-ray is introduced on the market, and it will be sure a success.

I think HDTV was the reason, Disney decide that we don’t have “Destino” on the last wave 8. I am quite sure that “Destino” will be on the next 9th wave on Blu-ray.
Rudy Matt
Special Edition

Post by Rudy Matt »

merlinjones wrote:I can't forget to nag about Sammy the Way Out Seal too! Along with Escapade in Florence, The Horsemasters and The Prince and the Pauper - - Like Dr Syn, these are Wonderful World of Color films that need full exposure - - especially in their theatrical versions!
Child of Glass!
a-net-fan
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Will the 9th wave of Disney treasures appears on Blu-ray

Post by a-net-fan »

leuchtmuschel wrote:I think HDTV was the reason, Disney decide that we don’t have “Destino” on the last wave 8. I am quite sure that “Destino” will be on the next 9th wave on Blu-ray.

I disagree. I dont think the Treasures series is the right place to showcase this feature. It deserves to be released alone. The treasures are meant to represent Walts era of entertainment and just because Destino was originally started during Walts lifetime doesnt mean this recently completed film deserves to have a entire volume dedicated to it in this series. It just doesnt fit and I hope it doesnt show up on the next wave. Given all the great ideas ppl have suggested on this thread Id be really disappointed if it was one of the three new volumes.

Im really hoping for the Von Drake volume now. Iv been watching some clips on You Tube and am really excited that he could be included in wave 9! People and Places is the idea im least interested in I think. Im not a fan of the True Life Adventures series either so that may explain a little bit why I wouldnt really want to see a PAP volume.

Anyone have any other ideas of what they would like to see added to the Treasures Series??
JUST ANOTHER 27 YEAR OLD DISNEY BUFF.....
chadhobbick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by chadhobbick »

I can't see the Treasures line being on blu-ray quite yet. I figure that they will continue the line until the 10th wave. It's a round number and I think they could get everything out that they want by that time, if the up the releases to 4 instead of 3. After it's over, I think they will make the transition to blu-ray but group up the characters shorts thereby eliminating the volumes. We would have the complete chronological Donald and so on.
I find you pompous, judgemental, and completely self-absorbed.........would you be my friend?
stewie15
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stewie15 »

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/platinume ... 91011.html

this press release clearly states "In conjunction with these releases, Destino, the unfinished animated feature film created by Walt Disney and famed surrealist painter Salvador Dali will release. Begun in 1946, it was rediscovered in 2003 and completed by Walt’s nephew, Roy E. Disney. The collaboration between these two legendary artists will be available to own for the first time along with an all-new feature-length documentary that examines the surprising partnership between Dali and Disney." So there's little chance it gunna be included in any treasures wave. So I think we can stop talking about Destino and its release now. Its official.
rspezzano

Jiminy Cricket Shorts

Post by rspezzano »

I would like to get all of those three series fit on WDT sets. But I haven't been able to find comlete list of shorts for those series as they were to my best knowings bordcasted in Mickey Mouse Club.
To the best of my knowledge they were:

I'm No Fool as a Pedestrian (1956, updated in 1988)
I'm no fool having fun (1957)
I'm no fool in a car (1992)
I'm no fool in an emergency (1992)
I'm no fool in unsafe places (1991, rereleased a longer version 1993)
I'm no fool in unsafe places II (1992)
I'm no fool in water (1957, updated in 1987)
I'm no fool on wheels (1991, longer version released in 1993)
I'm no fool with a bicycle (1956, updated 1988)
I'm no fool with electricity (1973, updated 1988)
I'm no fool with fire (1956, updated 1986)
I'm no fool with safety at school (1991, longer version released in 1993)

You - and your ears (1957, updated 1990)
You - and your eyes (1957, updated 1990)
You - and your five senses (1956, updated 1990)
You - and your food (1958, updated 1990)
You - and your sense of smell and taste (1962, updated 1990)
You - and your sense of touch (1962, updated 1990)
You - the human animal (1956, updated 1990)
You - the living machine (1958, updated 1990)

So, an educational release with the originals and updates, also add Scrooge McDuck and Money, Winnie the Pooh discovers the seasons, Wiinie the Poohs ABC of me and 101 dalmations: a lesson in self assertion and we have a great treasure!

Did I miss any education shorts? I thought the 101 dalmations was 2 in a series, but I could be wrong.

Robert
alwaysdisney.com
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

Post by Mr. Toad »

You missed lots of education shorts. However, we certainly dont need to see all of them, you have covered the ones with entertainment value.

1955 You and Your…Five Senses
1955 You and Your…Food
1955 You and Your…Sense of Smell and Taste
1955 You and Your..Sense of Touch
1955 You…The Human Animal
1955 You…The Living Machine
1955 I'm No Fool…As A Pedestrian
1955 I'm No Fool…In A Car
1955 I'm No Fool…In an Emergency
1955 I'm No Fool…In Unsafe Places
1955 I'm No Fool…In Unsafe Places II
1955 I'm No Fool…In Water
1955 I'm No Fool…On Wheels
1955 I'm No Fool…With A Bicycle
1955 I'm No Fool…With Electricity
1955 I'm No Fool…With Fire
1955 I'm No Fool…With Safety At School
1955 I'm No Fool…Having Fun
1956 The Nature of Things
1956 You and Your…Ears
1957 You and Your..Eyes
1962 A Storm Called Maria
1964 Four Artists Paint One Tree
1964 The Restless Sea
1966 One Day at Teton Marsh
1967 Family Planning
1967 Ceramic Mural
1968 Of Cats and Men
1968 Of Horses and Men
1968 The Deer Family
1968 The Weasal Family
1968 The Wild Cat Family - The Cougar
1968 The Wild Dog Family - The Coyote
1968 Triangle of Health
1969 Physical Fitness and Good Health
1969 The Social Side of Health
1969 What Should I Do the Flight?
1969 What Should I Do the Game?
1970 The Bear Family
1970 The Beasts of Burden Family
1970 What Should I Do? The New Girl
1971 Get The Message
1971 Teeth Are for Chewing
1972 History Alive! - Democracy - Equality or Privilege?
1972 History Alive! - Impeachment of A President
1972 History Alive! - State's Rights
1972 History Alive! - The Right of Dissent
1972 History Alive! - The Right of Petition
1972 Leonardo Da Vinci - First Man of the Renaissance
1972 Mrs. Peabody's Beach
1972 The Great Search - Man's Need for Power and Energy
1972 The Magic Whistle
1973 Alaska's Bush Pilot Heritage
1973 Henry O. Tanner: Pioneer American Black Artist
1973 How Alaska Joined the World
1973 John Muir: Father of Our National Parks
1973 The Alaskan Gold Rush
1973 V.D. Attack Plan
1974 Magic and Music
1974 Sequoya
1975 A Day in Nature's Community
1975 Barbara: Inside Out
1975 History of Animation
1975 If the Fergi Fits, Wear It
1976 Filming Nature's Mysteries
1976 The Reunion
1976 Fergi Diversifies
1977 Fergi Goes Inc.
1977 The People on Market Street - Cost
1977 The People on Market Street - Demand
1977 The People on Market Street - Market Clearing Price
1977 The People on Market Street - Property Rights and Pollution
1977 The People on Market Street - Scarcity and Planning
1977 The People on Market Street - Supply
1977 The People on Market Street - Wages and Production
1978 Eyewitness to History - the Events
1978 Eyewitness to History - the Lifestyles
1978 Eyewitness to History - the People
1978 Fergi Meets the Challenge
1978 Tricks of our Trade
1979 Incident at Hawk's Hill
1979 The National Student Fire Safety Test
1979 The National Student First Aid Test
1979 The National Student Recreational Safety Test
1979 The National Student School Safety Test
1979 The National Student Traffic Safety Test
1979 The Truly Exceptional: Carol Johnston
1979 The Truly Exceptional: Don Haley
1979 The Truly Exeptional: Tom and Virl Osmond
1979 Understaning Alcohol Use and Abuse
1979 The Restless Sea
1980 Fit to be You: Flexibility and Body Compisition
1980 Fit to Be You: Hearts and Lungs
1980 Fit to be You: Muscles
1980 Foods and Fun: A Nutricianal Adventure
1980 Rick, You're In: A Story About Mainstreaming
1980 The Sky Trap
1980 The Atom: A Closer Look
1981 Coments: Time Capsules of the Solar System
1981 Reaching Out: A Story about Mainstreaming
1981 Smoking: The Choice is Yours
1981 The Cookie Kid
1981 The Nick Price Story of Non Malipulative Selling: A Better Way To Go
1981 The Nick Price Story of Non Malipulative Selling: An Intro to NMS
1981 The Nick Price Story of Non Malipulative Selling: Flexible Behavior
1981 The Nick Price Story of Non Malipulative Selling: The Voice
1982 America Works…America Sings
1982 Buyer Be Wise
1982 Close Up on the Planets
1982 Computers: The Friendly Invasion
1982 Fitness for Living: How to get Fit
1982 Fitness for Living: Measuring Up
1982 Fitness for Living: What is Physical Fitness?
1982 Get it Right: Following Directions With Goofy
1982 Speaking of Weathers
1982 The Energy Savers
1983 A Goofy Look at Valentine's Day
1983 Computers: The Truth of the Matter
1983 Decision Making: Critical Thought in Action
1983 Disney's Haunted Halloween
1983 Disney's Wonderful World of Winter
1983 Fun to be Fit: Getting Physically Fit
1983 Fun to be fit: Physical Fitness
1983 Fun to be fit: Why by Physically Fit?
1983 Futurework
1983 Jiminy Crickett, PS(Problem Solver)
1983 Skills for a New Technology: What a Kid needs to Know About Communication Skills
1983 Skills for a New Technology: What a Kid needs to Know Today: Living With Change
1983 Skills for a New Technology: What a Kid needs to Know Today: Living with Computers
1983 The Time Travellers' Guide to Energy
1984 Child Molestation: Breaking the Silence
1984 Destinations: Careers
1984 Destinations: Communications
1984 Destinations: Excellence
1984 Destination: Science
1984 Energy in Physics
1984 EPCOT Advanced Information System
1984 Ethics in the Computer Age
1984 Fitness and Me: How to Exercise
1984 Fitness and Me: What is Fitness Exercise?
1984 Fitness and Me: Why Exercise?
1984 Harold and His Amazine Green Plants
1984 Lights! Camera! Fractions!
1984 Now I Can Tell You My Secret
1984 The Challenge of Survival: Chemicals
1984 The Challenge of Survival: Land
1984 The Challenge of Survival: Water
1985 A Time To Tell: Teen Sexual Abuse
1985 Advice on Lice
1985 Before It's Too Late - A Film on Teenage Suicide
1985 Decimals- Whats the Point?
1985 Economics By Choice
1985 Expectations - A Story About Stress
1985 Flight!
1985 On Your Own
1986 Aids
1986 Simple Machines: A Moving Experience
Disneyland Trips - 07/77, 07/80, 07/83, 05/92, 05/96, 05/97, 06/00, 11/00, 02/02, 06/02, 11/02, 04/06, 01/07, 07/07, 11/07,11/08, 07/09

Disneyworld Trips - 01/05

Disney Cruise - 01/05

Six Flags DK - 03/09, 05/09. 06/09, 07/09
Mouseketodd
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Will the 9th wave of Disney treasures appears on Blu-ray

Post by Mouseketodd »

a-net-fan wrote:...Anyone have any other ideas of what they would like to see added to the Treasures Series??
Well, I really think Disney needs to provide the balance of the Elfego Baca and Swamp Fox episodes.

It would be nice to have Gallegher, Texas John Slaughter, and The Saga of Andy Burnett. I'd also like to see more of the Mickey Mouse Club serials, including Corky and the White Shadow, Spin & Marty (stories 2 and 3), Adventures in Dairyland, and Clint and Mack.

We ought to get any lingering rareties, too, like Susie the Little Blue Coupe.
bambi_nl
Limited Issue

Post by bambi_nl »

Rudy Matt wrote:PEOPLE AND PLACES for WAVE 9! Let the Campaign Begin!
I have not seen any People and Places feature(tte) yet and as much I like to be able to watch them (as I was wanting to see the True Life Adventures) I don't think it will be suitable for a Treasures set.
I don't know how many Peoples and Places have been made, but why not release these all at once in the same way the True Life Adventures were released: in the Legacy series??
"Kinda wobbely" (Bambi, 1942)
Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

bambi_nl wrote:
Rudy Matt wrote:PEOPLE AND PLACES for WAVE 9! Let the Campaign Begin!
I have not seen any People and Places feature(tte) yet and as much I like to be able to watch them (as I was wanting to see the True Life Adventures) I don't think it will be suitable for a Treasures set.
I don't know how many Peoples and Places have been made, but why not release these all at once in the same way the True Life Adventures were released: in the Legacy series??
Yes, that could also work, but somehow I think the Legacy series is no longer exisiting (still hope not though!).
P&P was only produced as featurettes (shorter films around 30 min each) no one in feature lenght format. But there are 17 of them! And that will not fit on one Treasure release, that we must understand. :wink:
bambi_nl
Limited Issue

Post by bambi_nl »

Chernabog wrote:
bambi_nl wrote:I have not seen any People and Places feature(tte) yet and as much I like to be able to watch them (as I was wanting to see the True Life Adventures) I don't think it will be suitable for a Treasures set.
Yes, that could also work, but somehow I think the Legacy series is no longer exisiting (still hope not though!).
P&P was only produced as featurettes (shorter films around 30 min each) no one in feature lenght format. But there are 17 of them! And that will not fit on one Treasure release, that we must understand. :wink:
Let's assume an average length of a People & Places featurette of around 20mins (just a wild guess), then all 17 featurettes would require 340 minutes of material to be put on DVD. That is not completely impossible on two DVDs, so they might be able to fit them on one Treasures set. But then there would be no room for additional extras....

I guess we'll just have to wait and pray for a People & Places release one way or the other!
"Kinda wobbely" (Bambi, 1942)
msh1975
Gold Classic Collection

WDT WAVE 9 ZORRO

Post by msh1975 »

HI, I JUST RECIEVED MY ZORRO LITHOGRAPH TODAY AND IN IT IT CONFIRMS THAT ZORRO IS ONE OF THE 3 OR 4 TREASURES COMMING OUT IN 2009. I JUST HOPE THAT THE REST OF THE SWAMPFOX AND ELFAGA BACA IS ALSO COMMING OUT TO COMPLETE THE SERIES
Heil Donald Duck
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Heil Donald Duck »

Since I have said that I'm more in favor of animated sets I do hope they will be majority again animated if it is 3 but it would be best if it would be 4 sets.
Der Fuehrer's Face is the greatest Donald Duck cartoon ever made.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

I'll make requests for this wave that I've made many times before.

I want the rest of Swamp Fox. Would be surprised to see that released in the same wave as a Zorro set, but it would make my year!

I'd LOVE to see Song of the South get a Treasures release. It could be coupled with So Dear to My Heart if they didn't have enough bonus features.

Oh course, I won't hold my breath for either of those sets. I would EXPECT an animated set though, and my vote goes for a second rarities set that could include the various shorts for Fantasia 2006, Destino, Chip N Dale's shorts, Scrooge McDuck and Money, Jiminy's shorts, Winnie the Pooh Discovers the Seasons, Harold and His Amazing Green Plants, the What Should I Do shorts, It's Tough to be a Bird, Dad, Can I Borrow the Car, a version of "Runaway Brain" with the audio in sync this time, Goofy's recent theatrical short, Sport Goofy in Soccermania, the original version of "The Small One", maybe Genie's Great Minds and the recent TinkerBell cartoons, and whatever else. People sometimes say there is not enough left for a second rarities set, but that alone may have been more than they could fit, and I'm sure I could've though of more too.

Ludwig sets or Ranger Woodlore would also be very welcome, and something to fit in two specials that SHOULD HAVE been on the latest Donald release, "This is Your Life, Donald Duck" and "Your Host, Donald Duck". Not to mention we need some release of Pacifically Peeking with Moby Duck. It's also important to note that we still expect all our Treasures material unedited.

And, those are my main wishes and hopes, but yes, I could come up with plenty more. Some Disney WORLD themed sets would be nice. A whole set themed to EPCOT could be done with the opening celebration with Danny Kaye, Captain Eo (with 3D glasses), Harold and his Amazing Green Plants (or Pet Seed, I forget the title), and the Muppets At Walt Disney World. Something with the '70's show Mouseketeers At Walt Disney World is wanted as well, and the wonderful Disneyland Showtime too! Would also love to see the Disneyland Candlelight Ceremony, perhaps on a holiday themed Treasures set with Small One and maybe Disney's Halloween Treat and DTV Monster Hits (disc one, Halloween, disc two, Christmas?). Decade themed sets could work too, like an '80's set with all of the Wuzzles, Fluppy Dogs, Totally Minnie, and Soccermania (or was Soccermania '90's?). Anyway, those are just some of my thoughts. Oh, and we also want Mickey's 60th Birthday with new footage of Roger Rabbit and Mickey and the gang, and the Disneyland Anniversary that featured Ernest and the Cheers gang reminiscing.

Of course, I'd love to see more of the Disneyland TV series too, like Killroy, Gallhager (sp?), Andy Burnett (sp?), and more Mickey Mouse CLub and its serials, plus later stuff like Mr. Boogedy and Bride of Boogedy and the Bruce Campbell Love Bug sequel.

By the way, did anyone ever get an official word on the future of Disney Afternoon releases? Man, I want the rest of those so bad. I'm part of a Disney Home Entertainment consumer research forum, and I push for this stuff all the time, but I don't know how much they pay attention to suggestions like that.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

NATHAN!!!! You're alive!!! I've noticed that you haven't been posting lately, and I thought about contacting you to see if everything's okay, but you're back! :)
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

blackcauldron85 wrote:NATHAN!!!! You're alive!!! I've noticed that you haven't been posting lately, and I thought about contacting you to see if everything's okay, but you're back! :)
Ha, hey. :) I don't know if I'd say I'm back, but I can never resist putting my two cents in on what I'd like to see in the Disney Treasures collection.
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

Post by Chernabog_Rocks »

Everyone keeps saying they want to see Ranger Woodlore so I have two questions.

1) Isn't Ranger Woodlore the guy who appears with Humphrey the bear? If so aren't all of his shorts already released on previous treasures?

2) Is there a list of his shorts or material? Whether it's been released or yet to be released because I've only seen him with Donald and/or Humphrey so I assume most of his material is out already.
My Disney focused instagram: disneyeternal
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Ranger Woodlore had at least two hour long programs on the Disney anthology series. "Ranger Woodlore's Guide to Nature" I believe was the title of one of them. At the moment, the other is slipping my mind...
Rudy Matt
Special Edition

Post by Rudy Matt »

bambi_nl wrote:
Chernabog wrote: Yes, that could also work, but somehow I think the Legacy series is no longer exisiting (still hope not though!).
Let's assume an average length of a People & Places featurette of around 20mins (just a wild guess), then all 17 featurettes would require 340 minutes of material to be put on DVD. That is not completely impossible on two DVDs, so they might be able to fit them on one Treasures set. But then there would be no room for additional extras....

I guess we'll just have to wait and pray for a People & Places release one way or the other!
Well, that's why God invented the words "Vol. 1" and "Vol. 2"

Seriously, and I don't mean to step on any toes, but the People and Places films were recognized by the AMPAS. The modern studio can be proud of these films, and they deserve to be preserved and presented. I know some of you are completionists and you want more Swamp Fox just to fill the gaps. But I want Walt's wide-release films on DVD, and that's a possible goal. There's no way we could expect all of his TV product on DVD.

Zorro, great.
More Rarities, great.
Chip and Dale, great.
Even educational films, great --

-- But above all of these are the Oscar-nominated People and Places films. When one discusses the buried treasures of Walt's produced films, there are the lost Oswalds and Alice films, missing title cards from the Mickey shorts, the missing audio from the original release version of Fantasia, etc....but the People and Places films have languished in utter obscurity for decades now.

Time to dust them off. Time to honor the man who produced them and demonstrate yet again how ecelectic he was as a film producer.

It's time for the People and Places.