Walt Disney Treasures Wave IX Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Image Image

Since Wave 8 is out I thought it would be time to start a thread for Wave 9.

What do you think will be in Wave 9? Will there even be a Wave 9? Discuss! :!:
A wave 9 would be great. But I guess it all depends on how well the previous wave sells. it would also be interesting to see how the global economic situation will affect sales of DVDs this holiday season.

As DL-Craze mentioned in this thread:
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=23795
a Disney Rarities Volume 2 would be great as the animated set. But what about live action?

I read a rumour on another board that Song of the South may be finally coming out of the dungeon, I mean, vault next year in limited release. If this is the case it will probably be in the Treasures line. Another live action one I'd like to see is Hardy Boys Volume 2: The Mystery of the Ghost Farm (1957).

Another idea that would be a nice release is a Christmas set. It could include animated shorts and short features like Santa's Workshop/Night Before Christmas and Mickey's Christmas Carol and perhaps a live-action movie like Babes in Toyland. I am aware that some of these were already released in previous treasures.

Anybody happen to know when we can expect the first press release about wave 9?

:!: Update #1 (Dec 8, 2008):
So it's been revealed on page 4 of this thread by CJ that Wave 9 will include Zorro. If you bought two editions of wave 8, there is an offer on the Disney website that you can get a free Zorro lithograph. A flyer that came with the lithograph revealed that Zorro will be in next year's Treasures.

*Not the offical/final artwork. Just my own Photoshop creation.

:!: Update #2 (May 15, 2009):
It has been revealed that there will be 2 volumes of Zorro in this 9th wave. I posted the cover art above.
Last edited by Barbossa on Fri May 15, 2009 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I think that The Swamp Fox and Elfego Baca should be completed. And I'd really like an educational Treasures set. A lot of fans would like both of those, so I could see Disney releasing those.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

blackcauldron85 wrote:I think that The Swamp Fox and Elfego Baca should be completed. And I'd really like an educational Treasures set. A lot of fans would like both of those, so I could see Disney releasing those.
An educational set would be great. On another board someone mentioned they wanted a Ludwig Von Drake set which would be cool too.
blackcauldron85

I would've mentioned Destino, because I've wanted that FOREVER, but I have no clue how they're going to release it...unless they postponed the Treasures release to get more bonus features, they don't want to release it as a Treasures set.
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

Wasn't "Destino" confirmed as a Platinum edition DVD?
ImageImageImageImage

Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

pap64 wrote:Wasn't "Destino" confirmed as a Platinum edition DVD?
Not a stand alone Platinum but included with Fantasia's Platinum.

I agree with Amy SWAMP FOX/ELFEGO BACA NEEDS TO BE FINISHED ASAP!

Zorro (already rumoured to be) and The Prince and the Pauper would be my other choices for the next wave.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

In addition to what was already mentioned (keeping fingers crossed about Song of the South!)
I'd like to see the 2 Spin & Marty sequels
Mickey Mouse Club Musical numbers
and a tin devoted to the 70s MMC with Lisa Whelchel, etc. that I grew up with!
Also a tin devoted to early films and promotions of WDW much like what was done with DL

Jon
msh1975
Gold Classic Collection

SWAMPFOX

Post by msh1975 »

DISNEY NEEDS TO FINISH THE SWAMPFOX / ELFAGA BOCA SERIES. THEY CAN PUT THE REMAINING 5 EPISODES OF SWAMFOX IN 1 TIN AND THE OTHER 7 BOCAS IN ANOTHER TIN. I BELIEVE ZORRO WILL BE THE OTHER TIN.. I REALLY THINK THERE SHOULD BE 4 TINS NEXT YEAR.......IF YOU FOLLOW THE LINE IT WENT 4-3-4-3-4-3-3-3.....DEF WANT SWAMPFOX FINISHED.........DISNEY NEEDS TO GET OFF THERE ASS AND FINISH WHAT THEY STARTED.

I MUST SAY IVE BEEN AFTER DISNEY TO RELEASE DR.SYN FOR 17 YEARS NOW AND FINALLY CAME OUT....HURRAY :)
blackcauldron85

I guess I forgot about Destino being with Fantasia, or I was never 100% sure that it really would be included with it. So it's, as of now, definitely confirmed that Destino be on the Fantasia PE?
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

blackcauldron85 wrote:I guess I forgot about Destino being with Fantasia, or I was never 100% sure that it really would be included with it. So it's, as of now, definitely confirmed that Destino be on the Fantasia PE?
It's also possible it may be on the Fantasia 2000 Platinum, which is out the same time.
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

I'd like to see...

Song of the South (doubtful but you know...) ,
Further Adventures of Spin and Marty,
The New Adventures of Spin and Marty,
Hardy Boys : The Mystery of the Ghost Farm,
Daniel Boone,
Zorro: 'Season Three' ,
Educational/Rarities V.2,
and whatever else they think is best. :)

If they did Post Walt stuff ( which I know will not happen)
Herbie, The Love Bug (80's Show + '97 TV Movie),
Tim Dunigan's Davy Crockett films,
and all those 80's-90's sequels and remakes to Walt's classics just because I wanna see 'em. :P

-Sky
yukitora
Special Edition

Post by yukitora »

I wish they'd hurry up and release HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL in a tin. They know they want to.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

I just thought "why can't there be 4 tins next year instead of 3"? If so I'm including a Ludwig Von Drake set to my wishlist. My only concern is that there is alot of recycled content in those episodes with him and instead of stuffing that tin with recycled content I'd rather they just focus on Ludwig himself (they could however present An Adventure in Color/Donald in Mathmagicland in full).
blackcauldron85

I think that maybe a "Wonderful World of Disney" set would be nice, too. Include "Fluppy Dogs" and other movies from it...
Mason_Ireton
Banned

Post by Mason_Ireton »

I'd like to see the "possible" Zorro set along with a Elfago Baca/Swamp Fox Vol 2 and Disney Rarities Vol 2
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

I'd like to see:

"Song of the South" (plus "The Joel Chandler Harris Story" from TV)

"Ludwig VonDrake" (18 "Wonderful World of Color" hours unreleased)

"Ranger Woodlore/Humphrey Bear" (all the shorts plus 4 unreleased "Wonderful World of Color" hours)

"Chip an' Dale" (all the shorts plus unreleased "Walt Disney Presents" hour)

"Jiminy Cricket" (all the educational shorts, plus 4 unreleased TV hours hosted by Jiminy)

"The Magic Mirror" (6 unreleased TV hours hosted by Hans Conreid as the Magic Mirror)

"Zorro" (series compilation features "The Sign of Zorro" and "Zorro the Avenger" plus the 4 unique "Walt Disney Presents" TV hours)

"The Prince and the Pauper" (all three "Wonderful World of Color" TV hours plus the theatrical cut and the Mickey Mouse featurette)

"Disneyland Volume 3" (there are more TV hours, including "From the Pirates of the Caribbean to the World of Tomorrow" and "Disneyland Showtime")

"Rarities Vol. 2" (the rest of the shorts and featurettes)

"A Walt Disney Christmas"

"A Walt Disney Halloween"

"Annette Volume 2" (with "The Horsemasters" and "Escapade in Florence")

"Donald Duck Family" (many unreleased TV hours featuring Donald, Ludwig, Scrooge, Moby)

"Swamp Fox" (repackaged in its 6 episode entirety)

"Disney Family Album" (entire series)
Last edited by merlinjones on Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

>>I'm including a Ludwig Von Drake set to my wishlist. My only concern is that there is alot of recycled content in those episodes<<

One of the great things about the Ludwig shows is that they showcase the best shorts and content in a cool context, which is much better viewing - especially for kids - than a chronological march through all the shorts, good or bad.

These shows are very entertaining and very well made. And the new animation is delightful (same for the Ranger shows and the rest).
a-net-fan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by a-net-fan »

Great thread and some great ideas for the next treasures wave!!!

I actually dont have anything new to contrubute. Here are my predictions for the next wave:

(FILM) Song of the South- Treasures would be a great home for this controversial film that I along with everyone else seems to want.

(WALT ERA KIDS TV SHOW) Zorro - would fill the slot for Disney TV Shows that in previous waves have been a MMC Serial

(DISNEYLAND) El Fego Baca/ Swamp Fox Vol 2 - This release would fill the slot for the popular show that Walt himself hosted. We usually get something from this show each wave.

(ANIMATION) Chip and Dale - Ludwig does sound appealing but I think the Chip and Dale cartoons would be much more appealing to the people who normally buy the animated volumes from this series in general and I think they would most likely release this before anything else.

SO those are my predictions. Cant wait to see what we get next year for Christmas! :)
JUST ANOTHER 27 YEAR OLD DISNEY BUFF.....
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

>>(DISNEYLAND) El Fego Baca/ Swamp Fox Vol 2 - This release would fill the slot for the popular show that Walt himself hosted. We usually get something from this show each wave.<<

I would go with Ludwig Vol. I instead - - or Ranger Woodlore, The Magic Mirror, Jiminy, Disneyland, or The Prince and the Pauper - - representing the TV anthology.
Daisy Duck
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Daisy Duck »

I would be thrilled to see a Ludwig von Drake, Chip 'n Dale, or Jiminy Cricket Treasure.

Sounds like Zorro will be a good possibility for the next wave, though.