Walt Disney Treasures Wave IX Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
matthewgb
Limited Issue

Post by matthewgb »

Flanger-Hanger wrote:That ad made my day!

1 down, 2 (or 3) to go.

go=to be announced.
Got this via email from Mr. Martin today: Heres hoping!

"... I'm hoping to pay homage to Ludwig (and Herman), so keep your fingers crossed! cheers, Leonard

:D
PrincePhillipFan
Anniversary Edition

Post by PrincePhillipFan »

matthewgb wrote:
Flanger-Hanger wrote:That ad made my day!

1 down, 2 (or 3) to go.

go=to be announced.
Got this via email from Mr. Martin today: Heres hoping!

"... I'm hoping to pay homage to Ludwig (and Herman), so keep your fingers crossed! cheers, Leonard

:D
YAY! I'm so happy to hear this! I've been wishing for a Ludwig treasure for a while now and hope Maltin will be able to release one in this next wave. I'm hoping that it will come true! :D
-Tim
skippy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by skippy »

So, some Zorro, maybe some Ludwig, some rarities, and what else could Mr. Maltin give us this go round?

I'm guessing we won't get a serial, because we just got Annette.

I'm guessing Zorro will be the Anthology series stuff, western stuff.

Von Drake in color, and 4 other episodes of Ludwig stuff..{Hopefully, this will be Volume 1.}

Disney Rarities Volume 2.

Maybe some more Disneyland, Theme Park stuff...

Or the holy grail that is People and Places !!!
Where's the rest of Elfego Baca and the Swamp Fox?
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Wow! I'm psyched Mr. Maltin seems to have convinced Disney to continue the series! I though Wave 8 would be the last!
Mason_Ireton
Banned

Post by Mason_Ireton »

I'm so happy bout the Zorro set, it's a perfect fit for Zorro being part of the WDT collection, it's one of the series I defintly remember watchin on Vault Disney, as for the Von Drake set, I'm familar with him thru the Sing Along series. I might purchase the Von Drake set but I'd defintly purchase a "I'm No Fool" set.
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

Yay! Zorro, Ludwig VonDrake...

...Now for Jiminy Cricket, Ranger Woodlore, Chip n Dale, Magic Mirror, The Prince and the Pauper, Song of the South and more Disneyland (gotta have Disneyland Showtime!)!

For Zorro and VonDrake they'd better make more than 39,000 copies.
Heil Donald Duck
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Heil Donald Duck »

Mason_Ireton wrote:I'm so happy bout the Zorro set, it's a perfect fit for Zorro being part of the WDT collection, it's one of the series I defintly remember watchin on Vault Disney, as for the Von Drake set, I'm familar with him thru the Sing Along series. I might purchase the Von Drake set but I'd defintly purchase a "I'm No Fool" set.
Didn't Jimmy Cricket apper in other educational series than "I'm No Fool" Lets hope that they fit on two disc, not 3. Unless it would then be filled with Disneyland tv show hosted by Jimmy Cricket
Der Fuehrer's Face is the greatest Donald Duck cartoon ever made.
skippy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by skippy »

You know, I'm gonna go out on limb here and guess that "I'm No Fool" will be a treasure this year.

It's already available through Disney educational, so it will save the organization money to release it as a treasure.

See: Dr. Syn, Disneyland:Secrets and Stories, and Oswald.

I think we'll see Zorro, Rarities, and I'm no Fool.

And if I'm wrong, I'll do the truffle shuffle on youtube.
MK Sharp
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MK Sharp »

skippy wrote:And if I'm wrong, I'll do the truffle shuffle on youtube.
I have no idea what that actually means, but it sounds like it might breach the terms and conditions of YouTube...
"I hope we never lose sight of one thing - that this was all started by a little girl and a cat. And a rabbit."
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

MK Sharp wrote:
skippy wrote:And if I'm wrong, I'll do the truffle shuffle on youtube.
I have no idea what that actually means, but it sounds like it might breach the terms and conditions of YouTube...
Truffle Shuffle

;)

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
skippy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by skippy »

Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Hard to believe Jeff Cohen is a lawyer now. Here's a recent clip of Chunk:
http://www.thegoonies.org/documentary.htm
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Barbossa wrote:
Hard to believe Jeff Cohen is a lawyer now. Here's a recent clip of Chunk:
http://www.thegoonies.org/documentary.htm
Wow, when is the documentary coming out? I wonder if they would consider licencing it out to Warner (maybe for a 2010 25th Anniversary DVD/Blu-Ray?).

In addition from being totally awesome, the movie was released to theatres on my birthday (June 7, 1985) so it's always held a special place in my heart.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
a-net-fan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by a-net-fan »

Awsome news! I cant wait!
JUST ANOTHER 27 YEAR OLD DISNEY BUFF.....
Rudy Matt
Special Edition

Post by Rudy Matt »

skippy wrote:
Glad to know I'm not the only one who wants these long, long, long unseen films brought to DVD. You can actually see a sequence from People and Places: Blue Men of Morocco on the first episode of "Disneyland"...it's the sequence where the men are demonstrating their manhood by allowing bulls to charge them head-on.
rspezzano

New treasures?

Post by rspezzano »

Didn't Jimmy Cricket apper in other educational series than "I'm No Fool" Lets hope that they fit on two disc, not 3. Unless it would then be filled with Disneyland tv show hosted by Jimmy Cricket
Yep, he also did the You Are A Human Animal series. This covered things like you, your sense of smell, etc.

I would love to see all of the I'm No Fool and Human Animal shorts on a treasure next year.
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

RE Jiminy Cricket: >>I would love to see all of the I'm No Fool and Human Animal shorts on a treasure next year.<<

Also for Mickey Mouse Club: "The Encyclopedia" shorts.

But what I want just as much from Jiminy are the one hour Walt-era shows in which he served as host: "Jiminy Cricket Presents Bongo," "On Vacation," "Donald's Award," "From All of Us to All of You," and "This is Your Life Donald Duck." (All with Walt restored naturally).

All of these could fit on one set.
Heil Donald Duck
Gold Classic Collection

Re: New treasures?

Post by Heil Donald Duck »

rspezzano wrote:
Yep, he also did the You Are A Human Animal series. This covered things like you, your sense of smell, etc.

I would love to see all of the I'm No Fool and Human Animal shorts on a treasure next year.
I would like to get all of those three series fit on WDT sets. But I haven't been able to find comlete list of shorts for those series as they were to my best knowings bordcasted in Mickey Mouse Club. I probably will skip the show but pick up the Jimmy Cricket shorts any way.
Der Fuehrer's Face is the greatest Donald Duck cartoon ever made.
Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

Rudy Matt wrote:
skippy wrote:
Glad to know I'm not the only one who wants these long, long, long unseen films brought to DVD. You can actually see a sequence from People and Places: Blue Men of Morocco on the first episode of "Disneyland"...it's the sequence where the men are demonstrating their manhood by allowing bulls to charge them head-on.
I agree with that wish, this is what I most of all want to see in the next wave of Treasures. These old films are true gems...!
Rudy Matt
Special Edition

Post by Rudy Matt »

PEOPLE AND PLACES for WAVE 9! Let the Campaign Begin!