Disney DVDs with the Interactual Player

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
littlefuzzy
Anniversary Edition

Disney DVDs with the Interactual Player

Post by littlefuzzy »

From what I understand from searching the forums, this is OK and not some form of spyware or a sign of bootlegged discs, just a software player that would be needed to access DVD-Rom content.

However, just how much DVD-Rom content is there?

I noticed it on The North Avenue Irregulars, according to the review there isn't ANY bonus content, and it didn't mention the Interactual player. The back of the box doesn't mention anything either. I didn't care to install the player just to find out.

Is this just basically a "Click here to register your DVD" link or something?

What Disney DVDs have this, and for what content?
I saw that Snow White (not sure which edition) included it for the "Add your voice" feature, for something like that they would obviously have to have a software player on the computer.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Most Disney DVDs(especially 2-disc sets) should have interactual(older ones have PCFriendly) installation encoded on their discs. the back of the case is good.

Now for content, a few come to mind:

Snow White Platinum Edition has a nice flash screen with a couple games, activities a web link and a link to Dopey's Wild Mine Ride

Monsters Inc has games and has some cute character designs. dont know much about the rest

Pirates of the Carribbean: TCOTBP has a good amount of stuff, including quicktime video about the ride and some history of pirates, It also has a Side-by-side viewing mode in which you can compare script and storyboards to the final cut. It also has one of those photoshop activities where you can make yourself look like a cursed pirate.

The Haunted Mansion: same as Pirates.