5 Disney DVDs on sale at Best Buy

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
katielb

5 Disney DVDs on sale at Best Buy

Post by katielb »

As I was browsing the weekly ad for Best Buy on the internet, I noticed a special going on for 5 Disney DVDs -- Robin Hood, The Fox and the Hound, The Fox and the Hound 2, Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas and Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas. They're all on sale for $12.99! I thought this was pretty neat considering the fact that I rarely see these type of Disney movies go below the $14.99 mark. Just wanted to post a topic here and let everyone know about it!
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I already own both The Fox and the Hound and Robin Hood. I have no interest in owning the others.
Daisy Duck
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Daisy Duck »

$12.99 for 'Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas" is very good. I've never seen it that low.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

I'd call all of those worth owning for the Disney fan. The Christmas ones are a real treat! What's annoying is that they never put the ones I still need on sale, like Belle's Magical World, which is way over priced, or certain Pooh DVDs. I can't even find Home on the Range anymore. If only I'd known about this sale a month ago, I could have waited on Fox and the Hound 2. I don't actually have this edition of Robin Hood, but I have the first release and it doesn't seem to be a good enough rerelease to upgrade. I'll wait for Blu-Ray...
Stats87
Limited Issue

Post by Stats87 »

slave2moonlight wrote:I'd call all of those worth owning for the Disney fan. The Christmas ones are a real treat! What's annoying is that they never put the ones I still need on sale, like Belle's Magical World, which is way over priced, or certain Pooh DVDs. I can't even find Home on the Range anymore. If only I'd known about this sale a month ago, I could have waited on Fox and the Hound 2. I don't actually have this edition of Robin Hood, but I have the first release and it doesn't seem to be a good enough rerelease to upgrade. I'll wait for Blu-Ray...
totally agree!

Both of them are excellent. I actually like the stories, on average, of "Twice Upon" better, but I prefer the 2D of "Once Upon" more. I also like the use of music in the skating short in "Twice Upon".

Both are awesome though
katielb

Post by katielb »

I plan on getting Robin Hood. I might pick up The Fox and the Hound if I have some extra cash, but I really want Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas as well!
drfsupercenter
Anniversary Edition

Post by drfsupercenter »

Which Robin Hood?

It's not the Gold Classics one, is it? Because ew, I hate the cropped and not-really-an-improvement "special edition"... I wouldn't want that even if it were free.

Do these deals apply on the website too? I don't get out to the brick-and-mortar store here since it's much more convenient to go to Target or use Amazon.com... but if they're online I can take a look.

Howard Ashman:
He gave a mermaid her voice, a beast his soul, and Arabs something to complain about
Arabian Nights (Unedited)
Savages (Uncensored)
If it ain't OTV, it ain't worth anything!
wrestling_stat
Gold Classic Collection

Post by wrestling_stat »

Walmart also is having a sale on Disney DVD mvoies at least the one I went to in Waynesboro PA did.

$13 - Pirates 3, Saludos Amigos/Three Caballeros, The Rescuers Down Under, The Apple Dumpling Gang/Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again, Buddies, Lion, Witch and Wardbord

$15 - Mary Poppins 40th Anniversary Edition, Pocahontas 2-Disc, Toy Story 1, Toy Story 2, Tarzan and maybe some others

I hope this helps others...
<i>You are allowed one signature image up to 500 pixels in width and 100 pixels in height. </i>
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d200/ ... banner.jpg
drfsupercenter
Anniversary Edition

Post by drfsupercenter »

Howard Ashman:
He gave a mermaid her voice, a beast his soul, and Arabs something to complain about
Arabian Nights (Unedited)
Savages (Uncensored)
If it ain't OTV, it ain't worth anything!