DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:04 pm 

As I was browsing the weekly ad for Best Buy on the internet, I noticed a special going on for 5 Disney DVDs -- Robin Hood, The Fox and the Hound, The Fox and the Hound 2, Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas and Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas. They're all on sale for $12.99! I thought this was pretty neat considering the fact that I rarely see these type of Disney movies go below the $14.99 mark. Just wanted to post a topic here and let everyone know about it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:27 pm 
Platinum Edition

I already own both The Fox and the Hound and Robin Hood. I have no interest in owning the others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:07 pm 
Gold Collection

$12.99 for 'Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas" is very good. I've never seen it that low.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:05 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I'd call all of those worth owning for the Disney fan. The Christmas ones are a real treat! What's annoying is that they never put the ones I still need on sale, like Belle's Magical World, which is way over priced, or certain Pooh DVDs. I can't even find Home on the Range anymore. If only I'd known about this sale a month ago, I could have waited on Fox and the Hound 2. I don't actually have this edition of Robin Hood, but I have the first release and it doesn't seem to be a good enough rerelease to upgrade. I'll wait for Blu-Ray...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:21 pm 
Gold Collection

slave2moonlight wrote:
I'd call all of those worth owning for the Disney fan. The Christmas ones are a real treat! What's annoying is that they never put the ones I still need on sale, like Belle's Magical World, which is way over priced, or certain Pooh DVDs. I can't even find Home on the Range anymore. If only I'd known about this sale a month ago, I could have waited on Fox and the Hound 2. I don't actually have this edition of Robin Hood, but I have the first release and it doesn't seem to be a good enough rerelease to upgrade. I'll wait for Blu-Ray...

totally agree!

Both of them are excellent. I actually like the stories, on average, of "Twice Upon" better, but I prefer the 2D of "Once Upon" more. I also like the use of music in the skating short in "Twice Upon".

Both are awesome though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:58 am 

I plan on getting Robin Hood. I might pick up The Fox and the Hound if I have some extra cash, but I really want Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas as well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:46 pm 
Limited Edition

Which Robin Hood?

It's not the Gold Classics one, is it? Because ew, I hate the cropped and not-really-an-improvement "special edition"... I wouldn't want that even if it were free.

Do these deals apply on the website too? I don't get out to the brick-and-mortar store here since it's much more convenient to go to Target or use Amazon.com... but if they're online I can take a look.

Howard Ashman:
He gave a mermaid her voice, a beast his soul, and Arabs something to complain about
Arabian Nights (Unedited)
Savages (Uncensored)
If it ain't OTV, it ain't worth anything!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:10 pm 
Special Edition

Walmart also is having a sale on Disney DVD mvoies at least the one I went to in Waynesboro PA did.

$13 - Pirates 3, Saludos Amigos/Three Caballeros, The Rescuers Down Under, The Apple Dumpling Gang/Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again, Buddies, Lion, Witch and Wardbord

$15 - Mary Poppins 40th Anniversary Edition, Pocahontas 2-Disc, Toy Story 1, Toy Story 2, Tarzan and maybe some others

I hope this helps others...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:08 pm 
Limited Edition

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=3342266

Evidently not on the website.

Howard Ashman:
He gave a mermaid her voice, a beast his soul, and Arabs something to complain about
Arabian Nights (Unedited)
Savages (Uncensored)
If it ain't OTV, it ain't worth anything!