Treasure of Matecumbe and Shipwrecked DVDs coming to stores

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

disneyfella wrote:I went to Wal Mart today and saw that "Tall Tale" was there. It is listed as 1.33:1 fullscreen and 5.1 surround sound.

So at least both Shipwrecked and Tall Tale are improperly framed in their DVD release....I'm assuming that Treasure of Matecumbe is also in the misframed fullscreen.

That's pretty unfortunate. Now, I guess, I'm just going to have to purchase the PAL versions and get them transferred too...... Thanks Disney 0_o
Treasure of Metacumbe was a TV movie so fullscreen is it's original format. I'm getting it through Movie Rewards.

It's too bad a lot of the Disney movies from the '90s are released in fullscreen, White Fang is one of them.

I just redeemed my Shipwrecked Movie Rewards code. It's worth 75 points in case anyone is wondering.
Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

Barbossa wrote:[Treasure of Metacumbe was a TV movie so fullscreen is it's original format.
Sorry, that is not correct. ToM was not a TV movie.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Chernabog wrote:
Barbossa wrote:[Treasure of Metacumbe was a TV movie so fullscreen is it's original format.
Sorry, that is not correct. ToM was not a TV movie.
It's not? I thought I read somewhere that it was. :?
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

No it's a theatrical release. However, knowing Disney movies of the time, is the transfer open matte or true pan and scan?
Mouseketodd
Gold Classic Collection

Treasure of Matecumbe

Post by Mouseketodd »

Yeah, I watched Treasure of Matecumbe at the drive-in when it was released in the '70s.
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by jrboy »