List of Ludwig von Drake shows....

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

I'll be waiting along with you, Wilby.

You think the rights holders are aware that 2011 is the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color - - and Ludwig himself? Seems like a perfect excuse to get out a box set on DVD.
JonnyVonDrake

Post by JonnyVonDrake »

I have started the process for updating the wikipedia page about Ludwin Von Drake using the above list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludwig_Von ... 281960s.29

Though I could not verify a few of the WWOC episodes on IMDB. Are we sure that Drake in featured in some version of the following episodes?

• Holiday for Henpecked Husbands
• A Salute to Alaska
• Spy in the Sky
• The Truth About Mother Goose[/list][/url]
RyougaLolakie
Gold Classic Collection

Post by RyougaLolakie »

JonnyVonDrake wrote:I have started the process for updating the wikipedia page about Ludwin Von Drake using the above list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludwig_Von ... 281960s.29

Though I could not verify a few of the WWOC episodes on IMDB. Are we sure that Drake in featured in some version of the following episodes?

• Holiday for Henpecked Husbands
• A Salute to Alaska
• Spy in the Sky
• The Truth About Mother Goose[/list][/url]
Ludwig Von Drake hosted that episode, "The Truth About Mother Goose". Though, I'm not familiar with the other two, but I hope at least someone answers your question about it. :)
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

I was wrong about "Spy in the Sky" - - that is something else entirely - - but Ludwig did host those other three shows (...the VonDrake version of "Mickey and the Beanstalk" comes from the "Truth About Mother Goose" show - - the two featurettes were paired and hosted by the Professor).
JonnyVonDrake

Multiple hosts

Post by JonnyVonDrake »

merlinjones wrote:Ludwig did host those other three shows (...the VonDrake version of "Mickey and the Beanstalk" comes from the "Truth About Mother Goose" show - - the two featurettes were paired and hosted by the Professor).
The version of "Truth About Mother Goose" I found is not hosted by Ludwig, but I know that many of the featurettes broadcast on NBC's "Wonderful World of Color" were re-cut to include our friend Ludwig in the 1960s.

Similarly I have found three versions of "Mickey and the Beanstalk" with three different hosts. One was Jiminy Cricket, one was live action with Edgar Bergen and his ventriloquist dummies and the other was Ludwig and his sidekick Herman the Bootle Beetle.

Though I'm not sure which versions were broadcast when exactly?
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

>>The version of "Truth About Mother Goose" I found is not hosted by Ludwig, but I know that many of the featurettes broadcast on NBC's "Wonderful World of Color" were re-cut to include our friend Ludwig in the 1960s.<<

Ludwig hosts the wrap-arounds for the TV version of "The Truth About Mother Goose", then narrates "Mickey and the Beanstalk" to Herman on the one hour "Wonderful World of Color" episode entitled "The Truth About Mother Goose."

>>Similarly I have found three versions of "Mickey and the Beanstalk" with three different hosts. One was Jiminy Cricket, one was live action with Edgar Bergen and his ventriloquist dummies and the other was Ludwig and his sidekick Herman the Bootle Beetle.<<

The Edgar Bergen/Charlie McCarthy/Mortimer Snerd/Luana Patten/Jiminy Cricket version of "Mickey and the Beanstalk" is the original from the feature "Fun and Fancy Free" - - Sterling Holloway narrates another cut that I believe originates from "The Adventures of Mickey Mouse" episode of "Disneyland" (that one lacks a proper ending as they did not create new animation to cover the Edgar Bergan parts) -- and I'm not familiar with a Jiminy Cricket solo version (perhaps from The Mickey Mouse Club?). See above for the Ludwig version (my favorite cut with appropriate new animation to complete the story).

>>Though I'm not sure which versions were broadcast when exactly?<<

Beware IMDB as a source for accurate information on the Disney TV series.

Here is a link to complete airdate appendix for the classic anthology shows compiled by Bill Cotter, the author of a book on the subject:

http://www.billcotter.com/tvbook/appendix-b.htm
JonnyVonDrake

Good advice

Post by JonnyVonDrake »

merlinjones wrote: Beware IMDB as a source for accurate information on the Disney TV series.

Here is a link to complete airdate appendix for the classic anthology shows compiled by Bill Cotter, the author of a book on the subject:
Thanks for the link (and advice on IMDB) ! I will keep working on making the Ludwig wikipedia page more complete.
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

Let's hope someone at Walt Disney Home Video sees it!
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

>> I will keep working on making the Ludwig wikipedia page more complete.<<

Somewhere Paul Frees is smiling!
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

A kind soul at youtube has posted "Inside Outer Space" from "Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color" with VonDrake hosting the best parts of the Tomorrowland shows.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxTFH3FE9-k