John Carter

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

John Carter of Mars will blow us all away. I just have gut feeling. It will also be the beginning of possibly (and hopefully) more talent from Disney's animation studios crossing over into live-action.

Kevin Lima proved with Enchanted that animators are capable of creating strong live-action films.

And holy cow look at the people involved here! Resumes ranging from the Dark Knight and Avatar to The Reader and Star Trek. This will not be your average Disney flick.
blackcauldron85

Disney Releases Official Synopsis for John Carter of Mars; Launches Facebook Fan Page
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=14525
(via disneyreport.com)
blackcauldron85

Giacchino to score ‘John Carter of Mars’
http://moviescoremagazine.com/2010/03/g ... r-of-mars/
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Guess Thomas Newman might be busy, though anybody who has listened to Giacchino's work on "Star Trek" can attest that he will certainly do a magnificent job here. To me, he's the modern-day equivalent to John Williams.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

estefan wrote:Guess Thomas Newman might be busy, though anybody who has listened to Giacchino's work on "Star Trek" can attest that he will certainly do a magnificent job here. To me, he's the modern-day equivalent to John Williams.
Not to mention he wrote the score for this animated CGI Film that won best score in 2010 at the Oscars :wink:

To everyone....if any of you don't know what that pictue ABOVE this paragraph is at all and you consider yourself a Pixar or both a disney and Pixar fan you need to do 75 push UPs and then research Balloon Salesman... :P
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

lol, of course! I've pretty much am a fan of anything Giacchino has done, especially his Pixar collaborations. I simply mentioned Star Trek as it's a science-fiction epic in a similar vein as John Carter. :wink:
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Yeah, Im also a real fan of this work.
blackcauldron85

Disney sets 'Frankenweenie,' 'John Carter of Mars' release dates
http://www.laughingplace.com/Latest-ID-75163.asp
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Formerly titled John Carter of Mars, Andrew Stanton's live action debut will now be released under the shorter title, John Carter, Walt Disney Pictures has confirmed.

Starring Taylor Kitsch as the titular lead, the film is based on Edgar Rice Burrough's science fiction series which sees Civil War veteran John Carter transported to the world of Barsoom (the Martian word for their own planet) where he becomes caught up between the different races of warriors who inhabit the red desert.

The title John Carter of Mars is actually that of the final book in the series. The first, which is said to the primary basis for the film, was published under the name A Princess of Mars (and originally serialized as Under the Moons of Mars).

Also starring Lynn Collins, Samantha Morton, Mark Strong, Ciaran Hinds, Dominic West, James Purefoy, Daryl Sabara, Polly Walker, Bryan Cranston, Thomas Hayden Church and Willem Dafoe, John Carter is planned for release on March 9, 2012.
Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=77993

I think the name change is due Mars Needs Moms being a box office disaster. Disney's brilliant marketing department must have thought that the audience would somehow associate the two films if the word "mars" remained in the title. :roll:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
KubrickFan
Anniversary Edition

Post by KubrickFan »

We're not going to get dozens of pages with complaints about the title change again, are we?
kbehm29
Anniversary Edition

Post by kbehm29 »

I hope not, because I think it was a brilliant move by Disney marketing and the people who KNOW about John Carter of Mars will see this regardless of the "of Mars" or not. LOL.

I think it will do more good than harm in removing that part of the title.
Disneyland Trips: 1983, 1992, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, Aug 2018
Walt Disney World Trips: 1999, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2016, ~Dec 2018~, ~Apr 2019~
Favorite Disney Movies: Peter Pan, 101 Dalmatians, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Enchanted, FROZEN
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

I agree with this article, I think the new title is bland. John Carter of Mars sound much better. But, it's not as horrible as Tangled. Far from it! Can't wait to see this film:)

Title Change: JOHN CARTER OF MARS Becomes JOHN CARTER
http://collider.com/john-carter-of-mars ... ime/92540/
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Its getting ridiculous that this is the second time, if not third (if you count Brave) their unnecessarily changing a name based on another movie's success.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Since the last "Spy Kids" movie came out in 2003, Daryl Sabara and Alexa Vega have been quietly building their grown-up movie careers. Daryl has appeared in episodes of "Weeds" and "Criminal Minds," and he's set to play a major role in the upcoming sci-fi spectacular "John Carter of Mars."

http://blog.movies.yahoo.com/blog/1440- ... l-grown-up

Interesting how two stories become one....although now it's John Carter Formerly From Mars....and maybe the reason they changed that title is because he might not have had a legal Martian Birth Certificate so now it's just John Carter :P

Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Luke wrote:Image

that's hilarious Luke.... rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl

For those not getting the joke that is from a Great NBC show ER (Emergency Room) and there was a doctor John Carter...ha ha...I'll have to tell my Parents to see if they catch on about Disney's John Carter

kbehm29
Anniversary Edition

Post by kbehm29 »

I didn't even think about the name of the movie and the character from ER until now. LOL - I wonder how many others will?

Maybe Disney will change the name again, but I hope not. The more I think about it - they should have just left well enough alone.
Disneyland Trips: 1983, 1992, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, Aug 2018
Walt Disney World Trips: 1999, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2016, ~Dec 2018~, ~Apr 2019~
Favorite Disney Movies: Peter Pan, 101 Dalmatians, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Enchanted, FROZEN
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

What was wrong with the titles from the book, "A Princess of Mars?"

Not a big deal though, and not surprising.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Duckburger
Special Edition

Post by Duckburger »

The word 'Mars' is now verboten.