John Carter

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

The 4-Disc combo pack of John Carter is up for pre-order on Amazon and it comes with a $5 coupon. I just pre-ordered it since I doubt I'll be able to catch it in theaters.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

Got my email that my John Carter 3DBD combo pack has shipped from Disney Movie Club yesterday. I don't care that the film will be remembered for being such a huge marketing failure for the company. It's still a good ol' fashion fun sci fi movie.
MouseHouse55
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MouseHouse55 »

Does anyone know what is on the Best Buy exclusive 4th disc in the 3D combo pack?

Also, the DMR coupon is live for $5 off the 3D pack only.
CampbellzSoup
Anniversary Edition

Post by CampbellzSoup »

DancingCrab wrote:Got my email that my John Carter 3DBD combo pack has shipped from Disney Movie Club yesterday. I don't care that the film will be remembered for being such a huge marketing failure for the company. It's still a good ol' fashion fun sci fi movie.
Disagree - fun it's not.
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

CampbellzSoup wrote:Disagree - fun it's not.
OK...good for you.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

DancingCrab wrote:
CampbellzSoup wrote:Disagree - fun it's not.
OK...good for you.
I agree with you... fun it was! I think that it will gain a greater audience on video and hopefully a greater appreciation.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

MouseHouse55 wrote:Does anyone know what is on the Best Buy exclusive 4th disc in the 3D combo pack?

Also, the DMR coupon is live for $5 off the 3D pack only.
Here's the link for the coupon:
http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/pr ... upon_print
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

I just received my copy of the 3D version, and I was totally surprised when I saw that the regular BD didn't have any cover art. Like the other recent releases, the DVD and digital copy discs didn't have any cover art, but the regular BD doesn't have any either. The 3D disc does have cover art, though. I just thought that that was super weird and wonder if the Blu-ray/DVD pack's BD doesn't have cover art either...
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by jrboy »

TheSequelOfDisney wrote:I just thought that that was super weird and wonder if the Blu-ray/DVD pack's BD doesn't have cover art either...
It doesn't, I also picked up Ransom and it too didn't have disc artwork.
MouseHouse55
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MouseHouse55 »

The Best Buy bonus disc is a blu-ray with 5 minutes of extended scenes and 15 minutes of the bonus feature "Populating Mars".

My Best Buy did price match Target, so hopefully all will be able to get this 5-disc edition for $19.99 + tax.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

MouseHouse55 wrote:The Best Buy bonus disc is a blu-ray with 5 minutes of extended scenes and 15 minutes of the bonus feature "Populating Mars".

My Best Buy did price match Target, so hopefully all will be able to get this 5-disc edition for $19.99 + tax.
Didn't know that they were doing that. Maybe this will end up online somewhere? It always sucks when they do stuff like that, when you buy the movie you expect to get all of the extras too.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Luke's review is up and I disagree with his opinion. I thought the movie had the perfect of character, action, humor, and plot. The plot's really thick, but the titular character's development is not hard to figure out even if it doesnt hit you over the head.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

ajmrowland wrote:Luke's review is up and I disagree with his opinion. I thought the movie had the perfect of character, action, humor, and plot. The plot's really thick, but the titular character's development is not hard to figure out even if it doesnt hit you over the head.
I agree with you on this one, no offense Luke. I saw this on opening weekend and I felt like this should have been a huge film, financially. If it was promoted a little more and in a better way it would have done much better.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this movie and would LOVE to see more. IN fact...

http://www.change.org/petitions/alan-ho ... to-barsoom

There is one petition that fans can sign.

Ya know it would have been nice to have had some stuff to help promote the film. Namely a plush Woola and a lifesize plush Woola. And some action figures and a couple of their cool flying ships. Just sayin'.
AladdinFan
Special Edition

Post by AladdinFan »

Went to Best Buy to buy the exclusive set but they didn't have it. :(
Told the cashier about it but she told me sorry and that they didnt have some on stock. Even though after that she thought I was going to buy it and rang the blu-ray and the $5 off DMR coupon but apperantly coupon didnt want to work. I just told her that I was going to come back next time in case they have the exclusive set.

Yea right NOT coming back! Best Buy should know that they need to have a bunch of exclusive sets on any Blu-ray or DVD movies especially on release week. Now I'm going to Walmart so I can get the Walmart $10 off exclusive coupon. Hopefully they also accept my DMR $5 off coupon.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: Stanton teases unmade "Carter" sequels

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Sucks the movie didn't do well. I found John Cart quite an enjoyable movie and Awesome. Much better than Oz The Great And Powerful, Maleficent and Alice in Wonderland and Lone Ranger
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Too bad Stanton turned out to be such a know-it-all ****** (I censored myself there).

He's really in a class of his own.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Considering "Mars"-part of the original title was deemed off-putting for the audiences, would have these films been re-named Gods and Warlord respectively? *snickers*

I actually liked John Carter and thought it had a great potential for a franchise. But in general, Disney's approach to this movie (and many others from several years ago) was terrible from the very start -- by expecting another PotC-level hit, they wouldn't let the film stand on its own before they started pushing for the sequels... John Carter, Prince of Persia, Sorcerer's Apprentice, even TRON: Legacy -- they all had obvious sequel hooks which never came about. Basically, they started counting their chickens before they hatched.
"A typical ideologue of all things social justice for the sake of sounding smart and politically proper."

:bow:
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

I loved John Carter! So bummed that it did not do well. I blame Disney's marketing effort and their crazy high budget for a movie based on source material the average joe have never heard about.
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: John Carter 2 gets greenlit.

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Disney Loses Film Rights To John Carter Franchise
http://laughingplace.com/w/news/2014/10 ... franchise/