Pixar's Brave (formerly The Bear and the Bow)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lFM9aEblzvI" frameborder="0"></iframe>

0:25. Ugh, seriously? John Lassenter is actually letting them, do it?!? Walt would not be proud! :( But, that bear's reaction made me laugh though
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

^ I think the sound effect that plays when that happens is the worst part of all. I'm a little shocked by this.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Ohh come on. It's funny, and it will probably be more so within the context of the scene.

The reaction shot is freakin hilarious.
Patrick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Patrick »

Polizzi wrote:http://animationtidbits.tumblr.com/

There's more where that came from. I wish I could post more from the site, but maybe on the next page, unless one of you wants to do it. Besides, there are too many.
]
It's annoying to see a lot of the images I edited on that blog. :lol: Thanks for sharing.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Patrick wrote:It's annoying to see a lot of the images I edited on that blog. :lol:
I know the feeling. ;) :lol:
Patrick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Patrick »

enigmawing wrote:
Patrick wrote:It's annoying to see a lot of the images I edited on that blog. :lol:
I know the feeling. ;) :lol:
Haha! I bet you have stuff swiped all the time. :) I just did a bit of skewing and fixing colors. I'd be salty if it were something I created.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

SWillie! wrote:Ohh come on. It's funny, and it will probably be more so within the context of the scene.

The reaction shot is freakin hilarious.
Yeah, I have to admit that I love the reaction.

FIRST BEAR: :o
SECOND BEAR: :D
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Patrick wrote:
enigmawing wrote: I know the feeling. ;) :lol:
Haha! I bet you have stuff swiped all the time. :) I just did a bit of skewing and fixing colors. I'd be salty if it were something I created.
One of my Rapunzel drawings has been all over Etsy! Image It looks like someone grabbed it and lumped it up with a bunch of Disney clip art and started selling it in sheets meant to be used for crafts (i.e. party favors, pendants, etc.) and it kinda spread like wildfire from there, appearing in other products. Some have been nice about taking it down when asked but some get indignant, basically arguing that anything found on google is free clip-art, that I need to shut up if I'm not a representative from Disney, and that hey, they worked so hard on using that image they stole! Image I can deal with it if people are just reposting my work but not when someone's profiting off of it!
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Mark Andrews (Pixar Visit #1)
http://www.thepixarpodcast.com/73

It's a Q&A with Mark Andrews; he talks about Brenda Chapman and the movie's story problems among other things.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

disneyprincess11 wrote:<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lFM9aEblzvI" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Wow, Pixar is marketing this movie as a comedy.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

Yeah, especially with The cub falling into the woman's breasts and the viking crashing into the screen at the end. I hope it doesn't hurt the reviews come June. This movie should be able to redeem Pixar after that bad taste that was Cars 2 (Though I know some liked it).
wafflenugget
Limited Issue

Post by wafflenugget »

I went to an event where Brian Larsen, Brave story supervisor, presented today. Unfortunately, I was late and missed a lot of what I wanted to see (research, concept art, visual development), but I did see a few storyboards of a sequence with a young Merida and her mother. I'm assuming this takes place towards the beginning. It's short and not very spoiler-ish, but I'll still put what happens in white just in case. There's a thunderstorm outside, and Merida is frightened and hides under Queen Elinor. Then Queen Elinor sings a lullaby to calm Merida down. It was short but very sweet.

Also, there's going to be a short on the Brave Blu-Ray/DVD called "The Legend Mordu". :D
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Can 'Brave' Reverse Disney Box Office Fortunes?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17460761
Tristy
Special Edition

Post by Tristy »

wafflenugget wrote:Also, there's going to be a short on the Brave Blu-Ray/DVD called "The Legend Mordu". :D
I was wondering if Pixar was going to do a short tied in with this since they do tie-in shorts with almost all their movies.
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

I will of course reserve judgement till I watch the actual film, but...this looks very uninteresting to me. Very cringe-worthy gags, mediocre character designs and a cliche protagonist. Then again, Pixar always exceeds my expectations.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Dr Frankenollie wrote:I will of course reserve judgement till I watch the actual film, but...this looks very uninteresting to me. Very cringe-worthy gags, mediocre character designs and a cliche protagonist. Then again, Pixar always exceeds my expectations.
I think that will be the case again. From people who have seen the whole, film there is apparently a LOT of story going on that we don't get any hint of in the trailers.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

New 'Brave' TV Spot (camera recorded)
http://pixardisneyghibli.tumblr.com/post/22015150165
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wFnVLz6tffQ" frameborder="0"></iframe>
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
Tristy
Special Edition

Post by Tristy »

Finally! We get to hear the other two lords speak!

Uh...what did Young MacGuffin say though?

And also...was that John Ratzenberger making the announcement?
amazon980
Gold Classic Collection

Post by amazon980 »

Is Merida going to be a Disney Princess?