Pixar's Brave (formerly The Bear and the Bow)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
yukitora
Special Edition

Post by yukitora »

I personally prefer Disney's CGI look, but let's wait till we see this in action!
Neal
Anniversary Edition

Post by Neal »

I am really excited after this first screen. Her hair is gorgeous and the background looks 'painterly' like "Tangled."
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Here's a comparison between the concept art and the movie still:

Btw, in France the film is going to be called "Rebelle" (=Rebel).
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
bulgaross

Post by bulgaross »

Confirmed: Patrick Doyle scoring Brave

A trusted source confirmed moments ago that Pixar has hired Scottish musician and composer Patrick Doyle to score Brave.

The story was first reported by Film Music Reporter in March, but didn't come to my attention until recently (thanks JV).

IMDb also named Doyle as Brave's composer but, again, I couldn't independently confirm until now.

Doyle, a two-time Oscar nominee, is only the fourth composer to score a Pixar feature (following Randy Newman, Thomas Newman, and Michael Giacchino).

http://pixarblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/c ... brave.html
Tristy
Special Edition

Post by Tristy »

This better make up for Quest for Camelot.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Did he write the songs for Camelot, or just the score? Because I didn't think the score for Camelot was that bad.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Personally, I really liked the visuals and the music of Quest for Camelot. It was the story that needed work.
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Doyle just did the score for "Quest for Camelot," not the appallingly bad songs. Whatever. He's a good composer. I think he's the best composer the "Harry Potter" films have had since Williams left.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Floyd Norman wrote:"Brave" is what Pixar is beginning to lack. Fear of failure, perhaps. Get over it. Walt Disney failed lots of time.
Source: http://twitter.com/#!/floydnorman
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Sotiris wrote:
Floyd Norman wrote:"Brave" is what Pixar is beginning to lack. Fear of failure, perhaps. Get over it. Walt Disney failed lots of time.
Source: http://twitter.com/#!/floydnorman
Floyd is old and bitter, I wish we'd stop listening to his contradictions. He hailed the Princess and the Frog as something groundbreaking when it was still in production. If he supposedly still works at Disney and/or Pixar then why does he spend all of his time on Cartoon Brew, JimHill, twitter, The Animation Guild blog etc etc??

He just annoys me.
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

Walt Disney failed pretty much every time other than Snow White and Cinderella lol. Still, Floyd's comment seems completely redundant.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

bulgaross wrote:Confirmed: Patrick Doyle scoring Brave

A trusted source confirmed moments ago that Pixar has hired Scottish musician and composer Patrick Doyle to score Brave.

The story was first reported by Film Music Reporter in March, but didn't come to my attention until recently (thanks JV).

IMDb also named Doyle as Brave's composer but, again, I couldn't independently confirm until now.

Doyle, a two-time Oscar nominee, is only the fourth composer to score a Pixar feature (following Randy Newman, Thomas Newman, and Michael Giacchino).
http://pixarblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/c ... brave.html
Do you know if it's a musical? B/c she'll be the only Disney Princess without a song!
Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Post by Semaj »

PatrickvD wrote:
Sotiris wrote: Source: http://twitter.com/#!/floydnorman
Floyd is old and bitter, I wish we'd stop listening to his contradictions. He hailed the Princess and the Frog as something groundbreaking when it was still in production. If he supposedly still works at Disney and/or Pixar then why does he spend all of his time on Cartoon Brew, JimHill, twitter, The Animation Guild blog etc etc??

He just annoys me.
He's the new Roy E. Disney.

While I don't agree with all of his assessments, his critiques are still more credible, having actually worked at Disney for one thing, than those of many so-called "professionals" who barely did anything with their careers.
"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

How is Floyd Norman "old and bitter"? Because he made fun of Tangled's idiotic name change? :? Because I don't know anything else he's done. :lol:
disneyprincess wrote:Do you know if it's a musical? B/c she'll be the only Disney Princess without a song!
Because every <strike>Disney</strike>Pixar princess must have a song!
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:
disneyprincess wrote:Do you know if it's a musical? B/c she'll be the only Disney Princess without a song!
Because every <strike>Disney</strike>Pixar princess must have a song!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Polizzi
Special Edition

Post by Polizzi »

Excuse me for asking, but do you know when the trailer for Disney and Pixar's, "Brave," comes out online? I should say this Wednesday before the release of Disney and Pixar's, "Cars 2," because in June last year before the release of Disney and Pixar's, "Toy Story 3," the trailer for Disney's, "Rapunzel (Tangled)," came out on Wednesday online before showing it in theaters before the feature presentation of, "Toy Story 3." I have a feeling that Pixar would do the same, maybe. Just curious.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Polizzi wrote:Excuse me for asking, but do you know when the trailer for Disney and Pixar's, "Brave," comes out online? I should say this Wednesday before the release of Disney and Pixar's, "Cars 2," because in June last year before the release of Disney and Pixar's, "Toy Story 3," the trailer for Disney's, "Rapunzel (Tangled)," came out on Wednesday online before showing it in theaters before the feature presentation of, "Toy Story 3." I have a feeling that Pixar would do the same, maybe. Just curious.
I find it funny that you answered your own question with the exact response other posters would have likely given.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

But, for some reason, Pixar's neglected it recently. Does anyone recall seeing the UP teaser in theaters before Wall-e, or the Cars 2 Teaser before TS3?
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

ajmrowland wrote:But, for some reason, Pixar's neglected it recently. Does anyone recall seeing the UP teaser in theaters before Wall-e, or the Cars 2 Teaser before TS3?
Yeah, but in the case of Brave, they have officially announced that it is indeed before Cars 2.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

disneyprincess11 wrote:
Disney's Divinity wrote: Because every <strike>Disney</strike>Pixar princess must have a song!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And it needs to be an "I Want" song. :wink: