Pixar's Brave (formerly The Bear and the Bow)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

We've known for months there was supposed to be a Scottish Pixar princess. Depending on how well the movies do, and probably how well the girls fit the Princess mold, they'll both be in the Princess line. Most likely 2-D rather than 3-D.
Prudence
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prudence »

I really wish this wasn't in CGI.
That's hot.
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

Prudence wrote:I really wish this wasn't in CGI.
Ditto! It sounds interesting but the CGI totally turns me off..... :P
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Like my predecessors I too would prefer a 2-d treatment, however I am interested in seeing pixar do fairytales, can't be worse than the Tinkerbell Franchise their linig up, I can tell you that!
:lol:
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

Post by Ariel'sprince »

SpringHeelJack wrote:
Applefied wrote:So is this Scottish Princess gonna become a Disney Princess?
I don't see why she would, since this is Pixar. Frankly, Giselle shouldn't have ever been considered, IMO, as the Princesses should only be from the fully animated features.
Well,Giselle is a Disney Princess but only her animated version,not live action and she's there baiscly just to promote her film,she's like Pocahontas and Mulan and not the main Princesses like Snow White,Cinderella,Aurora,Ariel,Belle and Jasmine (I think that Rapunzel and Tiana will be like Giselle,too) but Giselle is a Disney character,this Scottish Princess is a Pixar character so she shouldn't be there.
And about Rapunzel-She's now based on Ariel and she changed since then.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Blonde hair, pink dress, blue eyes? She might end up having Ariel's personality (although I hope not, because every 'princess' shouldn't be the same), but she's an Aurora clone.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Disney's Divinity wrote:
Blonde hair, pink dress, blue eyes? She might end up having Ariel's personality (although I hope not, because every 'princess' shouldn't be the same), but she's an Aurora clone.
That's the OLD desgin,the new one wasn't released yet.
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Since it's a Pixar movie, I don't see why it should be handdrawn animation. But who knows, maybe some person at the studio one day in the future decide to give it a try.
The nice thing about computer animation is that it is still in fast progress and evolution, there is something new and improved in almost each movie released. Which is a good thing, because once it stops, there is a risk of stagnation. Something that luckely won't happen for many years yet, judging from what is going on in the animation business at the moment. So I'm looking forward to see what we can expect from this movie.
And I'm also a little curious if Pixar will use the same animation software Disney will use in Rapunzel and King of the Elves, or if they will develope their own.

Just an observation. We can expect three fairytale/fantasy movies from Disney in the following years:

2009 The Princess and the Frog
2010 Rapunzel
2012 King of the Elves

But no titles at all in 2011, the same year that Pixar for the first time will release two features; Newt and The Bear and the Bow, one of them which is a fairytale/fantasy story. It's almost as if Pixar is stepping in for Disney that year. I wonder if it will contain singing and dancing as well.
veu
Limited Issue

Post by veu »

On the web I read this:

During the Walt Disney Company Earnings webcast today, Disney CEO Bob Iger mentioned that Brenda Chapman’s 2011 Pixar feature film, The Bear and the Bow, will be incorporated into the Disney Princess franchise.

More information on the Q2 financial results can be found here.
Set in the rugged and mythic highlands of Scotland, The Bear and the Bow is the tale of a princess, Merida and her battle with the unpredictable forces of nature, magic and dark, ancient curse to set things right in her kingdom.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

That's interesting- thanks for posting that, veu! Pixar movies are still Disney movies, so she'll still be a Disney Princess.

By 2011, the Disney Princess line will sure have expanded!
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

I don't think it's fair to add her,she's a Pixar character,they can make her own franchise but why adding her to a franchise about Disney Princesses?.
So far:
Snow White-Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
Cinderella.
Aurora-Sleeping Beauty.
Ariel-The Little Mermaid.
Belle-Beauty and the Beast.
Jasmine-Aladdin.
Pocahontas.
Mulan.
Giselle-Enchanted.
Tiana-The Princess and the Frog.
Rapunzel.
Merida-The Bear and the Bow.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Is Giselle officially in the Princess Colletion, though? Is there proof of it if she is? Because she never was a princess...she was almost a princess, but then wasn't. I know that Mulan sometimes is in the Princess Collection, so if she is, then Giselle should; I'm not saying that Giselle shouldn't be in the Princess Collection, but I'm just asking for proof.

I can't wait to see, in the future, an official group picture/Disney Princess logo with all the princesses in it who belong to the Collection.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

She's with other Princess in the Disney shopping website,Zazzle and in the Disney parks,her Simba Toys dolls are part of the Disney Princess franchise.
You see,Snow White,Cinderella,Aurora,Ariel,Belle and Jasmine are the official main princesses who appear everywhere and Giselle,Pocahontas and Mulan are official side princesses (Because Pocahontas and Mulan aren't popular enough and they still don't know what to do with Giselle so at the moment her part is to promote Enchanted in the line),I"m suspecting that they don't want to show Enchanted as a Princess so they're more promoting her live action version and later they might making all the animated Giselle merchandise and more Disney Princess merchandise of Giselle.
I whould like to see a picture with all of them :D.
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Isn't Giselle not included because Disney has to pay Amy Adams to use her likeness? I'm pretty sure Giselle was cut from the line.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
yukitora
Special Edition

Post by yukitora »

Well, not only was she never a princess, Disney would have to pay life-long royalties to Amy Adams for using her likeliness, and thus for business and profit reasons, isn't on the Disney Princess line.

At least thats what it said on Wikipedia.

Anyhow, I'm not a fan with Mulan (and to an extent, Pocahontas) being on that list. It's just undermines the movies whole ideal and is a crappy example of Disney trying to be politically current :lol:
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Only the animated Giselle is in the line,her live action isn't a part of the franchise.
Disney Duster

The Bear and the Bow

Post by Disney Duster »

Ariel'sprince, I know you love Giselle and you really want her to be apart of Disney Princess, but she isn't. It was stated in an official announcement from Disney, the same one talking about how Disney would use in her place the Celtic princess from Pixar (from the Bear and the Bow).

And we even said that we didn't want a Pixar princess to be apart of Disney Princess, and I still stand by that. Only Rapunzel and Tiana should be the new princesses allowed in the Disney Princess line.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Re: The Bear and the Bow

Post by Ariel'sprince »

But Disney Duster,her animated is in the line.
You mean that aritcal? they were talking Amy Adams,but the animated one is part of it,Disney officialy said that her animated version is in the line to promote the film.
And only Giselle,Tiana and Rapunzel should be added to the line.
yukitora
Special Edition

Post by yukitora »

Lawlz.

Where did Disney ever announce that?

(you have to realize, in order to use the ANIMATED Giselle counterpart, which was based on Amy Adam's likeliness, Disney would have to pay her like long royalties for the use of her image, as an animated character)
Last edited by yukitora on Wed May 07, 2008 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disney Duster

The Bear and the Bow

Post by Disney Duster »

Where did Disney say that, Ariel'sprince? You know what article I was talking about, but I've never seen the article where it said the animated part of Giselle was part of Disney Princess.