The Lone Ranger (2013)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Re: Disney preps 'Lone Ranger' remake

Post by Mooky »

Compared to some of this summer's crap that got good reviews on RT, The Lone Ranger was a breath of fresh air. A bit on the long side, but wonderfully written, somewhat macabre, and very atmospheric. Johnny Depp was the only negative thing about it, but only because of the same old shtick he pulls in almost every movie of his. Still, TLR worked amazingly well, even with -- or in spite of -- JD hamming it up. I'm terribly sad the film under-performed and there's practically zero chance of a sequel, but then again, given Disney's track record with sequels and Hollywood's sequelitis, that might not be such a bad thing.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I enjoyed The Lone Ranger as well. Depp is incorrect about it being the critics fault. The real fault lies with Disney for putting it up against Despicable Me 2. I think they should have released this during a month where there wasn't as much competition.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Disney Expects To Write Down As Much As $190M For ‘Lone Ranger’
http://movies.yahoo.com/news/disney-exp ... 15558.html
CFO Jay Rasulo just told analysts that the company is “disappointed” in the film’s performance and likely will take a charge of anywhere from $160M to $190M next quarter. The company isn’t ready to be more specific because the film is only open in 40% of its markets; it hits Japan in September. But CEO Bob Iger says he hasn’t lost faith in making expensive tentpole films, even though “there has been a lot said about the risk…and we certainly can attest to that given what happened to The Lone Ranger.” He says that overall Disney had “an excellent summer” especially with Iron Man 3, which should end up being Marvel’s top performing film after The Avengers. Tentpoles provide the company with a way to “rise above the din and competition.” He says it’s still important to make good films, not just big ones. “If there are more tentpole films being made, then there’s more risk in the marketplace. But we’ve known about that risk for quite some time.” And he’s confident in the ability of Disney, Marvel, Pixar and Lucasfilms to break through — on the screen, games, publishing and Disney’s theme parks. With its different studio brands, “there’s substantial potential not only to increase sales, but to increase royalties.”

:| :|

disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

‘Lone Ranger’ Blu-ray Bonus Features to Include Deleted Scenes, Blooper Reel
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-lon ... res-65620/
head of any official announcement, we have been able to obtain at least a partial list for bonus features for the Blu-ray release of The Lone Ranger from Walt Disney Studios and Jerry Bruckheimer Productions. The latest news to us via the British Board of Film Classification.

From producer Jerry Bruckheimer and director Gore Verbinski, the filmmaking team behind the blockbuster Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, comes Disney/Jerry Bruckheimer Films’ The Lone Ranger, a thrilling adventure infused with action and humor, in which the famed masked hero is brought to life through new eyes. Native American spirit warrior Tonto (Johnny Depp) recounts the untold tales that transformed John Reid (Armie Hammer), a man of the law, into a legend of justice—taking the audience on a runaway train of epic surprises and humorous friction as the two unlikely heroes must learn to work together and fight against greed and corruption.

Pending official confirmation, bonus features are set to include:

Armie’s Western Road Trip (13:57) – Armie Hammer takes fans on a personal, exclusive journey through Utah, New Mexico and Colorado. Experience the scenic locations where the film was shot, and go beyond those sets to get a unique view of the west.
Becoming a Cowboy (7:42) – Authenticity. A concept that was important to the filmmakers. With that in mind, they put the cast through an intensive bootcamp where they were they learned the ropes of shooting a gun, riding a horse, and learned how to transform into the characters they would become. See the lengths they went to in this entertaining segment
Riding the Rails of the Lone Ranger (10:10) – For the production of the movie, director Gore Verbinski had a five mile oval track built along with multiple engines and cars. Take a look at the incredible effort that went into crafting such a detailed and integral part of The Lone Ranger.
Easter Egg: ILM (1:08)
Easter Egg: Flipped Out (:40)
Deleted Scene: ‘More Hell on Wheels’ (2:03)
Deleted Scene: ‘Locust Storm / Great Warriors Must Adapt’ (3:44)
Bloopers (3:40)

dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Only thing that would make me even consider buying this film on Blu-ray, or even DVD, for that matter, would be if they include apologize to those involved in screwing up the story and history of the Lone Ranger. That will never happen so I will be happy with my box set of original Lone Ranger episodes on DVD, in black and white.

There is a very big following of the Legend of the Lone Ranger and Verbinski screwed it all up. Though he says there is 'some' American Indian in his family tree, he was unable to prove it, so Johnny Depp was totally wrong for the part. And that freaking head-dress he wore throughout the movie was ugly as the rest of the movie.

Tonto was a loyal sidekick to the Lone Ranger. He found him seriously wounded in a box-canyon and spent several days and weeks nursing him back to health. His life had been saved when he was a boy by a Calvary Scout John Reid, who later we find out is this injured ranger. They struggled together to figure out just what happened, and remembered that he was in pursuit of the Butch Cavendish gang, and a half-breed trail scout had lead these seven Texas Rangers into this fatal ambush.

The story goes, that the Lone Ranger cut a mask out of a black scarf that he once wore, and he had Tonto put up a seventh grave marker, so he could pursue the Cavendish gang without any repercussions. From there they rode towards finding a town and while on that journey they find buzzards circling the sky above a fallen white stallion. The ranger and Tonto ride in to help this fallen animal, and after a few days of hard work the horse was on his feet, and they let him go, only to find out that the horse would only go as far as they would go, and he became the Lone Ranger's faithful horse, Silver.

I began listening to the radio shows of the Lone Ranger when I was just a little guy back in the 40's. When television was invented and offered to the general public, one of my friends got a television and every Tuesday evening at 7 pm we would watch Clayton Moore don the mask and become The Lone Ranger.

I am sorry for the rant, but there are a lot of you who really need to go back and watch some of the REAL Lone Ranger episodes to see what I am talking about. Tonto's horse was named Scout, and he and the Lone Ranger rode across the West looking for a way to help those in need.

This movie that Verbinski made, told a 'false' story of the Lone Ranger, and tried to make it a westernized version of "Pirates of the Caribbean", and there was nothing funny about what The Lone Ranger and Tonto stood for in the television series.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: The Lone Ranger (2013)

Post by Sotiris »

Gore Verbinski Looks Back on Making 'The Lone Ranger,' Telling Tonto's Story, and Those Werewolf Rumors
https://collider.com/gore-verbinski-lon ... interview/

‘The Lone Ranger’ in Disneyland: The Untold Story of the Film’s Scrapped Big Thunder Mountain Overlay
https://www.thewrap.com/the-lone-ranger ... ain-plans/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage