ENCHANTED compared to animated Disney classics (images)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Jim's Jewel
Limited Issue

Post by Jim's Jewel »

Sure, go ahead. I'd love to see them!

And good job on spotting the poison apple one! I never even noticed that! lol
akhenaten
Anniversary Edition

Post by akhenaten »

vermin friends..can u do the one from hunchback when quasi and esmeralda fall from the rooftop. thanks! :D
do you still wait for me Dream Giver?
RebelPrince1986

Post by RebelPrince1986 »

I don't have time to take screen captures right now... But there is a scene in the animated section at the beginning of the film... When Giselle is calling for more animal friends to come help her... They show a quick shot of some quails peaking out from the reeds... A very similar shot is in Bambi.
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I don't know if anyone has metioned this but Prince Edward says a line like this, "That maiden is mine!". A line very similar to one Gaston utters in the battle with the Beast.
MerXAN
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MerXAN »

UmbrellaFish wrote:I don't know if anyone has metioned this but Prince Edward says a line like this, "That maiden is mine!". A line very similar to one Gaston utters in the battle with the Beast.
Gaston's line is "Belle is mine!". It is quite similar. :)
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

Some of these "comparisons"(even one's from Luke) are almost as lousy as the movie itself.

A lot of these pictures are extremely generic. If the filmmakers somehow wanted to NOT "reference" any of these movies, non of the characters would actually move.

And can I just say Enchanted has some of the laziest and most uninspired "references" to Disney ever. There are more clever and creative Disney references Steven Spielberg's film. Heck, even Shrek did a better job.
Balto123
Limited Issue

Post by Balto123 »

Timon/Pumbaa fan wrote:Some of these "comparisons"(even one's from Luke) are almost as lousy as the movie itself.

A lot of these pictures are extremely generic. If the filmmakers somehow wanted to NOT "reference" any of these movies, non of the characters would actually move.

And can I just say Enchanted has some of the laziest and most uninspired "references" to Disney ever. There are more clever and creative Disney references Steven Spielberg's film. Heck, even Shrek did a better job.
Didn't like it then?
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Timon/Pumbaa fan wrote:Some of these "comparisons"(even one's from Luke) are almost as lousy as the movie itself.

If you hate the film so much,then why you bother make a post? :roll:.
Vermin Friends
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Vermin Friends »

Timon/Pumbaa fan wrote:And can I just say Enchanted has some of the laziest and most uninspired "references" to Disney ever. There are more clever and creative Disney references Steven Spielberg's film. Heck, even Shrek did a better job.
Oh really? Let's hear some.
Check out some of my other work @ my Deviant Art profile
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Vermin Friends wrote:
Timon/Pumbaa fan wrote:And can I just say Enchanted has some of the laziest and most uninspired "references" to Disney ever. There are more clever and creative Disney references Steven Spielberg's film. Heck, even Shrek did a better job.
Oh really? Let's hear some.
:clap:.
Siren
Platinum Edition

Post by Siren »

Ariel'sprince wrote:
Vermin Friends wrote: Oh really? Let's hear some.
:clap:.
AMEN! Prove us wrong, please!
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

Ariel'sprince wrote: If you hate the film so much,then why you bother make a post? :roll:.
Why bother to make posts about your dislike of the Disney Princess Nouveau Collection? Why? Well its a Discussion forum... therefore everyone is entitled to an opinion.
MerXAN
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MerXAN »

Enchanted isn't lousy! It's absolutely magical! We all love Enchanted that's why we don't want to find any bad opinions about the film in this. :P
Siren
Platinum Edition

Post by Siren »

MerXAN wrote:
Enchanted isn't lousy! It's absolutely magical! We all love Enchanted that's why we don't want to find any bad opinions about the film in this. :P
Don't let him bother you. Someone seems to piss in his cornflakes everyday.
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Official

BBFC love to spoilerize Blu-ray special feature games.
Click Here to see
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

Siren wrote:
Ariel'sprince wrote: :clap:.
AMEN! Prove us wrong, please!
If you really would like to believe Beauty and the Beast was the first film to have a mismatch couple dancing or that Aladdin was the first movie to have a princess brushing her hair, and that by Enchanted having these in the movie, it was directly "referencing" them, then by all means, believe what you'd like.

I'm just pointing out that to say all these pics are "homages" are huge stretches as they are so generic that they could've ended up in film directed by someone who hasn't seen a Disney movie in decades.

I also just wanted to point out this movie was weak when it came to referencing Disney. I'll reluctantly admit the obvious "homages" to Snow White, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty(the hag, the glass slipper, the dragon) but aside from that?

Mary Ilene Coselotti and the Fun and Fancy Free clip were the only "real" Disney references. Clearly not impressive for a true Disney fan: a fan who loves mostly everything that make up Disney(the animated movies, the shorts, the theme parks, Walt himself, television, merchandise etc.) and actually knows Disney and is smart enough to point out the Walt era didn't just start with Snow White and end with Sleeping Beauty. A good Spielberg movie usually has more Disney references to offer than Enchanted .

I personally believe Chicken Little's reference to White Wilderness was far more funnier and risker than anything in Enchanted. And like I said earlier, even Shrek managed to spoof more of Disney than Enchanted.
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

Thanks to all of these members for putting those up. This film was a homage to Disney animated classics from days gone by.

I've seen a lot of Disney films in the past and it does have references to all of the Disney classics. I do remember that scene in "9 to 5" which was not a Disney film where Violet was making coffee with rat poison. This was also a homage to "Snow White". If you see this part, go watch "9 to 5".
Siren
Platinum Edition

Post by Siren »

Can you post a pic of the troll and then pics of all the princesses in the dresses he has on his belt?
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

2099net wrote:Official

BBFC love to spoilerize Blu-ray special feature games.
Click Here to see
Thanks netty!

Bah, they don't feature runtimes!

And for those lazy to click or will be overwhelmed by all the letters in capslock, here's all the different "D-Pods: Seamless Branching Elements", which (according to the BBFC listings) can be accessed through an index...so playing the "game" is unnecessary unless you want the bonus videos at the end.

1. Storybook Openings
2. Animal Friends
3. Want Songs
4. Dream Prince
5. The Princes
6. Cinderella's Coach
7. The Wishing Well
8. Royal Heritage
9. Sleeping Beauty's Castle
10. Animation Combination
11. Working Songs
12. Cinderella's Bubbles
13. Cinderella
14. Viewing Devices
15. Evil Sidekicks
16. Mary Poppins - Technological Advances
17. Past Princesses
18. Poisoned Apples
19. Pip
20. Factoid Flash (an "Information Caption" as opposed to Seamless Branching Element")
21. Musical Heritage
22. The Grand Duke
23. Paige O'Hara
24. Lady and the Tramp
25. Royal Battles
26. Modern Princes
27. Duets
28. Fairies
29. Villains
30. Narissa
31. Production Design
32. Beauty and the Beast
33. Dance in the Clouds
34. The Hag
35. Magic Curses
36. The Sleeping Death
37. The Stroke of Midnight
38. Ageless
39. True Love's Kiss
40. Narissa's Transformation
41. The Sword in the Stone
42. Mulan
43. Climatic Endings
44. The Glass Slipper
45. Happily Ever After
46. Transformation

Bonus Videos:
"Making Ever Ever After"
"True Love's Kiss"
"So Close"
Justin wrote:If you really would like to believe Beauty and the Beast was the first film to have a mismatch couple dancing or that Aladdin was the first movie to have a princess brushing her hair, and that by Enchanted having these in the movie, it was directly "referencing" them, then by all means, believe what you'd like.
I saw Tootie brushing her hair in a Season Three episode of The Facts of Life! She may not have been the first one ever to brush her hair onscreen, but she definitely was the most memorable! And surely everyone who brushed their hair after that shot of her brushing her hair is referencing her! :P
Justin wrote:I'm just pointing out that to say all these pics are "homages" are huge stretches as they are so generic that they could've ended up in film directed by someone who hasn't seen a Disney movie in decades.
True, to some degree. After all, there's only so many ways to shoot a couple dancing. I like to believe that the Robert/Giselle dance was more akin to Johnny/Baby's in Dirty Dancing. Makes it seem sexier.

But one of the main points of the film was to "reference" moments/images/actions from past Disney films (regardless if they were original to that film, or just standard shots that people make in films) that a casual viewer may (or may not) recognize and go "Hey, they did that in (such-and-such) too!". So it wasn't as original as it could have been, it doesn't mean it's a bad movie. Gus Van Sant's Psycho is pretty much a shot-for-shot remake of Hitchcock's and it still can stand on its own merits.
Justin wrote:but aside from that?

Mary Ilene Coselotti and the Fun and Fancy Free clip were the only "real" Disney references.
There was also the "Pink Elephants on Parade" music in the background, Timothy's speech to the crows in Dumbo, the mere name Bella Notte, the old man dancer who was in Mary Poppins, the Sword in the Stone...er, floor, the precocious child actor who (at least to me) looked like Kevin Corcoran's little sister, and quite a few more.
Justin wrote:Clearly not impressive for a true Disney fan: a fan who loves mostly everything that make up Disney(the animated movies, the shorts, the theme parks, Walt himself, television, merchandise etc.) and actually knows Disney and is smart enough to point out the Walt era didn't just start with Snow White and end with Sleeping Beauty.
A true Disney fan would hate Enchanted because it made no obvious references to The Rocketeer. Surely they could have fit in a Nazi or even just one gratuitious shot of Jennifer Connelly's cleavage! :P

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

There's a True Love's Kiss video? it's not the film version?.