ENCHANTED compared to animated Disney classics (images)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

Post by Chernabog_Rocks »

I'm taking the fence on this one as usual.

I do see some of these references that people are posting, I do agree that there are a few references.

HOWEVER (and here's where the flames start coming)

I do agree with Timon/Pumbaa Fan, a lot of these are just coincidence or people are going a bit overkill on whats a reference.
Vermin Friends
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Vermin Friends »

Decided to watch The Sword in the Stone today, and although it's not a photo comparison, it is a verbal reference.

Remember when Robert and Giselle were in Bella Notte, and Robert's doing his magic trick? Giselle says something along the lines of "you're... a wizard!" and right after that "it's wonderful!"

I had always supposed that the first line was a reference to Merlin (since he is the only wizard in Disney's animated cannon), but now I'm convinced because in The Sword in the Stone right after Merlin packed all his things, Arthur (or, "wart") said "it's wonderful".

Just like mooky_7_sa awesome connection to "A Whole New World" (carpet, wave, and bellydancer to specify the region), I think this one was deliberate. One line singling out a character from a movie, and another being a quote from said movie.

Also, if anyone's interested, I'll be making a video with comparisons soon (clips, not stills) featuring Enchanted and The Little Mermaid to start off, as I have a lot that I want to keep secret for now. ;)
Check out some of my other work @ my Deviant Art profile
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

I'm interested! When can we expect it? :D
Vermin Friends
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Vermin Friends »

mooky_7_sa wrote:I'm interested! When can we expect it? :D
I'm not really sure since school started a few weeks ago for me, but hopefully by the end of the year at the latest. I'll keep y'all up to date. ;) It'll be splitscreen like on "Becoming Enchanted".

I also have Cinderella, Aladdin, Pocahontas and Mary Poppins on DVD, but I'm not sure how much I can pull out of them, since I don't watch them nearly as much as I do Enchanted. :P
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

That's alright, just take your time. School is more important anyway.
Vermin Friends
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Vermin Friends »

mooky_7_sa wrote:That's alright, just take your time. School is more important anyway.
Glad to hear you were interested, and just for you- I just finished it! :D I might do more for other movies I have on DVD if I have time but for now, please watch (and read the description for more info)! :)

Enchanted vs. The Little Mermaid
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

Vermin Friends wrote:
mooky_7_sa wrote:That's alright, just take your time. School is more important anyway.
Glad to hear you were interested, and just for you- I just finished it! :D I might do more for other movies I have on DVD if I have time but for now, please watch (and read the description for more info)! :)

That was a wonderful video! Some of the references I already knew about (like the seashells as earrings, Jodi Benson as the secretary etc.), but there were a lot I completely missed (like when Narissa "bites" the fish being a possible reference to the shark in TLM).

I hope you do more videos! You should do "Cinderella" next if you find more than one reference. :)
Last edited by pap64 on Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

Vermin Friends
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Vermin Friends »

pap64 wrote:
Vermin Friends wrote: Glad to hear you were interested, and just for you- I just finished it! :D I might do more for other movies I have on DVD if I have time but for now, please watch (and read the description for more info)! :)

That was a wonderful video! Some of the references I already knew about (like the seashells as earrings, Jodi Benson as the secretary etc.), but there were a lot I completely missing (like when Narissa "bites" the fish being a possible reference to the shark in TLM).

I hope you do more videos! You should do "Cinderella" next if you find more than one reference. :)
Thanks so much! I'm really glad you liked it! :)

Cinderella... well, there's of course Edward and Nancy's happy ending, half of "Happy Working Song", midnight, hmm... I think most, if not all of Cinderella's stuff has been featured on the DVD and "Becoming Enchanted". The one thing that I can think of is the use of the glitter when coming out of the manhole- like when the Fairy Godmother's spell wears off, things burst into glitter; similar to Narissa's death, which is actually like Lucifer's... Hmm... I'm not sure.

I think I was able to pull out so many from TLM is because I pretty much know the movie by heart. Cinderella, I only watch maybe once or twice every two or three months (along with A Twist in Time). I'm really not sure. lol

But anyway, thanks! I'm really glad you liked it! :D
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

Post by Ariel'sprince »

That's a great video :D I really loved it :D I didn't noticed about the Edward swing Giselle like Eric swing Ariel,the dog plush and Narrisa tries to bite the fish like Glut).
Are you going the Sleeping Beauty Platinum Edition? if you,then can you make a Enchanted VS Sleeping Beauty video? maybe also a Snow White one too? :).
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Vermin Friends wrote:

:jawdrop:

Oh my God, that was amazing!!! It was beyond amazing! You are so talented, Vermin Friends! Great video! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I can't wait for the next one!