Edgar (Aristocats Villain Discussion)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Jay
Anniversary Edition

Edgar (Aristocats Villain Discussion)

Post by Jay »

Haven't done this in a while but let's talk about Edgar the villain from The Aristocats. What do you think of him?
BrandonH
Special Edition

Post by BrandonH »

Edgar is a great comedic villain in the vein of Captain Hook. His motivations are understandable, even if his knowledge of cat lifespans is bad. He ultimately deserved his one-way trip to Timbuktu. If he were smarter, then he would have waited until after Madame died to dispose of the cats, but it would have been a very different movie.
"Mustard? Don't let's be silly!"
--Mad Hatter, Alice in Wonderland

My DVDs
MagicMirror
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MagicMirror »

He genuinely seems to be looked down on as a villain, but I found him to be a fun character. I felt he deserved better, having suffered so much abuse throughout the film. I liked him.

An abandoned concept for the film gave him a sidekick, a maid called Elvira.
I Love Bambi
Gold Classic Collection

Post by I Love Bambi »

Edgar wasn't my favorite disney villain, but they did a good job on him. I now have a special appreciation for the older cartoon classics from the 90s on down, and the characters in those classics. A+ to Edgar for being one of those characters.
Croixla

Post by Croixla »

I feel bad for him but he got what he deserved. He did suffer so much abuse through the whole film... especially in the one scene in the beginning... what exactly did those dogs do to him?