King of the Elves

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

Wiki says it's being moved from 2012 to 2013, but of course, that's just Wiki.
http://dragonsbane.webs.com
http://childrenofnight.webs.com

^My websites promoting my two WIP novels! Check them out for exclusive content!
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

Well now this thread is indicating that it's been canceled all together! :shock:

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... sc&start=0

Confused as heck I am :?
Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

Well, who knows. I just hope this all makes "The Snow Queen" get here a little bit sooner!

goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

I heard that 'King of the Elves' was shelved and that 'Joe Jump' has been re-greenlit. 'Joe Jump' is scheduled to take 'Elves' place in the release calendar.
I'm currently watching and reviewing every Disney film in chronological order. You can follow along at my blog, The Disney Films, and also follow me on Twitter.
MutantEnemy
Special Edition

Post by MutantEnemy »

You can't miss what you never had. Not one promotional piece of artwork was released which means...I dont care about this project anyway. Hopefully this cancellation means The Snow Queen will take the 2012 spot!!!
Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

Well, according to Goofystitch, "The Snow Queen" won't be taking its place: "Joe Jump" will. I would much rather see "King of the Elves" than "Joe Jump!"

MutantEnemy
Special Edition

Post by MutantEnemy »

Margos wrote:Well, according to Goofystitch, "The Snow Queen" won't be taking its place: "Joe Jump" will. I would much rather see "King of the Elves" than "Joe Jump!"
Me too, so hopefully they'll cancel Joe Jump and put The Snow Queen in the 2012 slot!
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I disagree. Joe Jump sounds a lot more interesting than King of the Elves to me (and since I'm only vaguely interested, that says a lot about KotE). And maybe those who are worried about fairy tale after fairy tale in the new lineup (hemhem) will be a little happier they're doing something different, I guess.

I personally wouldn't mind if KotE was canceled. Bad storyline and 3D? I don't think I could take both at once.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Just.A.Friend
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Just.A.Friend »

Can someone briefly explain to me what Joe Jump's basic storyline or plot is?
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Just.A.Friend wrote:Can someone briefly explain to me what Joe Jump's basic storyline or plot is?
A "fish out of water" story of a video game character from the PacMan era, whose game is no longer played. He finds a way to 'jump' into today's high-tech games..
Neal
Anniversary Edition

Post by Neal »

I don't understand why everyone is so down on the KotE story - I thought it was an interesting concept! :?
KubrickFan
Anniversary Edition

Post by KubrickFan »

Neal wrote:I don't understand why everyone is so down on the KotE story - I thought it was an interesting concept! :?
What was the concept? I'm getting confused here. And I thought this was the fairytale Pixar was working on. Or is that 'The Bear and the Bow'? And what's that one about?
Neal
Anniversary Edition

Post by Neal »

King of the Elves - 2012 - Walt Disney Animation Studios - CGI:

Shadrach Jones, a retirement age African American man, owns a gas station. One night, he's closing up, when some strange little men approach him out of the rain. He houses them for the night and they reveal they are elves and their king is ill. That night, their king dies in Shadrach's house. The elves want Shadrach to be the new king. They reveal they are at war with the trolls and need a leader. Shadrach isn't sure what to do. He goes to speak with his friend and neighbor, Phineas. After a long conversation, Phineas reveals himself to be the troll king and tries to kill Shadrach on the spot. Shadrach and the elves fight back and win, but barely.

Based on a short story by Philip K. Dick (A Scanner Darkly, Minority Report)

The Bear and the Bow - 2011 - Pixar Animation Studios - CGI:

Scottish, red-haired Princess Merida wants to be an archer, not a princess. Somehow Merida unleashes a danger that threatens her whole kingdom through her choice to be an archer.

An original story by Brenda Chapman (scriptwriter of Disney's Beauty and the Beast, The Hunchback of Notre Dame)
Just.A.Friend
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Just.A.Friend »

blackcauldron85 wrote:A "fish out of water" story of a video game character from the PacMan era, whose game is no longer played. He finds a way to 'jump' into today's high-tech games..
Thanks.

Both the KotE and Joe Jump sounds only mildly interesting..
And what about "Newt?" Wasn't either Pixar or Disney planning on doing this film as well? Has anything changed with this movie?
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Newt is being directed by Gary Rydstrom (the sound mixer for a lot of Pixar films and the director of "Lifted") at Pixar and is still being set for release in 2012, as I recall. They're probably just on the story stage on that one currently.

I think Joe Jump sounds interesting, but I was curious to see where they would go with adapting a Philip D Dick story. Projects get canceled at Disney all the time, though. But, maybe they will decide to pull a Little Mermaid and try again in the future.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Joe Jumps sound awesome. Well mainly cause I grew up with VG and have friends who are big VGamers.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Neal
Anniversary Edition

Post by Neal »

Most likely due to the fervor surrounding KotE's cancelation, there's a new TAG article highlighting canceled Disney films:

http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... -heck.html
Cosmic Creepers

Is anyone waiting to see "King of th Elves"?

Post by Cosmic Creepers »

Though it will not be out until 2012 Disney has been touting this film for nearly two years. This will be an animated feature film produced by John Lasseter and Chuck Williams. Based on the 1953 short story "The King of the Elves" by Philip K. Dick, the story centers around a band of elves and an evil troll in the modern-day Mississippi Delta. The elves [and one dwarf] make a local human their king after he saves them from the evil troll. Through his adventures with the elves he finds meaning in his own life. :mickeyface:
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

*sigh*

King of the Elves

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Please merge this old thread with this new thread:

Is anyone waiting to see "King of th Elves"?

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?