Newsies

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

I am always a bit shocked when I get glimpses of the High School Musical films. To me they make Newsies seem like the greatest movie musical ever. Can't believe it was directed by the same man, and LATER in his career no less. Kenny also directed one of my favorite films ever, Hocus Pocus.

I, for one, loved "Newsies" instantly. I didn't see it as trying to be anything but a musical about a historical subject. Always sort of viewed it as an "Annie" for boys, only with more real subject matter. Watching it today, it might feel a little cornier than when I saw it at least twice at the movies, but it's still pretty great and the songs are awesome. For me they are what make it all worthwhile. I really need to get this DVD before I can't find it anymore.

Though, I gotta say, my vote's gotta go with David's sister as the most attractive person in the film, ha, even if she was bland.

That's a great poster up there, by the way! I feel like I haven't seen that particular image anywhere since the movie was in theaters. That was such a great time period for Disney. Would love that poster in my collection if I ever get the wall space. I'd definitely have a lot of that late '80's early '90's Disney stuff on the wall.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Hmm.... I have to admit, this movie is really underappreciated. :(

But I love it all the same. :)
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

zackisthewalrus posted a link for a pre-order on bestbuy.com for Home on the Range and Treasure Planet on Blu-ray, but guess what else is available for pre-order!?!

NEWSIES ON BLU-RAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:pink: :pink: :pink:

And it's coming to us on June 16th!!!!!!!!!

http://dft.ba/-27y-
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

That's great news! Here's hoping we'll get some new bonus features.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

I sort of hate that Ann-Margret's name is not on the Blu-ray cover.

-Skyler
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

This is on HDNet Movies, for anyone interested it what it looks like in HD.