Frog Princess found & renamed!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Okay, thank you! :)
PapiBear
Banned

Post by PapiBear »

Simba3 wrote:BUMP

Anika Noni Rose appeared as a guest on The View today along with Debra Messing to promote their new television mini-series "The Starter Wife". Rose briefly discussed "The Frog Princess" (or "The Princess and the Frog" if you rather) and confirmed (yet again) that the film in anticipated to be released in 2009.
Dang, I had that on and I didn't even know she was on today. Boy, I must have been distracted. Darnit.
All have fallen short.
Let's stop throwing stones at people who have made mistakes in their life, and let's start throwing medicines and food at those who need it the most.
- Bono
Cierra_Dancer
Limited Issue

Post by Cierra_Dancer »

I'm a little late on this news but yay for Anika Noni! She was great in Dreamgirls and I'm glad she'll have a leading role, she really deserves one! I don't think she got the credit she deserved for Dreamgirls, so I hope she does for Frog Princess, although usually in animated movies the voices don't get much recognition.
veu
Limited Issue

Post by veu »

Simba3
Collector's Edition

Post by Simba3 »

Nice article find. Sounds like some good progress is being made on The Princess and the Frog.
Signature courtesy of blackcauldron85!!
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

the article reveals very little.

we already knew somewhere in the last few weeks the story reel was presented. The last bit of true news I read was that animating starts in fall/winter.
veu
Limited Issue

Post by veu »

News about "The Princess and the Frog"...

Villain new name is DR. FRANçOIS FACILIER and not Dr. Duvalier (they changed the name from the original script)... The news is from BlueSkyDisney Blog and Hollywood Reporter.
Dr Facilier is voiced by KEITH DAVID.

According to a cast list of the August 10, 2007: the main hero will be named PRINCE NAVEEN and not Prince Harry... here the cast list:

THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG
Feature Film
Animated
UNION

Director: John Musker
Director: Ron Clements
Producer: Peter Del Vecho
Composer: Randy Newman
Casting Director: Curtis Koller
Interview Dates: now - Fall 2007
Shoot/Start Date: Fall 2007
Pay Rate: TBA

[ PRINCE NAVEEN (VOICE OVER) ]
Specs:
-play an early 20's male
-capable of being a romantic lead
-gregarious, fun loving, free spirited
-always likable, even when being irresponsible
-show passion for Jazz and zest for life
-an invented accent that has the romantic suavity of Italian with a sprinkling of mid-east exoticism.
-accent must be believable & natural
-please do not let the level of the accent get in the way of the acting

What do you think?

Do you think Prince Naveen will be the first black Prince????
akhenaten
Anniversary Edition

Post by akhenaten »

first black prince? sounds like the first indian prince. naveen is an indian name...r they going for british indian?
do you still wait for me Dream Giver?
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

That accent sounds goofy... it's going to be hard to pull off a good performance while trying to pull off what's written there.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

akhenaten wrote:first black prince? sounds like the first indian prince. naveen is an indian name...r they going for british indian?
I actually would hope it's Indian. That would really be cool.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

The only Naveen I have heard of is Naveen Andrews. But then again, some names are used in many countries, like Frank or Jacob (althought I'm not expecting a Prince Frank in the nearest future).[/list]
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

Any news on the actual plot of the movie yet? I am just curious cause I read the original wikipedia article on the original fairytale and for some reason the characters arent matching up. Well I know it may be completely different from the original fairytale after all but yeah I wonder.
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

As with many ''disneyfacts'' they are likely to change, since nothing is ever left alone, which is to me the first problem to begin with!

The Names are not easily pronounced either(apart from Naveen), wonder how this will turn out, especially when dubbed.

The Artwork sofar looks amazing, storywize i still have my doubts on wether this will be considered ''Classic Disney'', mainly because they won'y stick to the original storyline, which has great potential if you ask me. Then again we have had the occasional hit in original storytelling(Lilo&Stitch /The ENewGr)
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
kurtadisneyite
Gold Classic Collection

pics

Post by kurtadisneyite »

It's an older article but at cinematical.com (add www to the location) you can find an article about Princess Maddy.

There are two designs I saw there (one on the article and another by way of link). The second picture is kinda a thinner, more angular Jasmine in party dress, the first seems a skinner, black Esmeralda. Both are standard flat shaded, though the first design will be heavy on line mileage given all the jewelry and detailing she has.

Disney is to be credited with trying a non-standard princess style. IMHO, the story, character personality and interaction will be most important in making the character believable and resonant.
2D isn't Ded yet!
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jack Skellington »

Is the movie's setting still going to be in New Orleans coz we never had princesses in America,let alone an African-American one !
kurtadisneyite
Gold Classic Collection

Post by kurtadisneyite »

What time frame is this story being told at?

Alice Morse Earle (originally named Mary Alice Morse) was an american writer whose work centered on various periods of American history, focusing on manners, customs and handicrafts (paraphrased from Britannica Online). One of her books, tltled (I believe) "Colonial Dames and Good Wives" described a Louisiana princess Christine, who was daughter of a German Princeling and wife of the Grand Duke Alexis.

Another Princess-inspiring canidate might be Lynn Whitfield, who was described in wikipedia as a scion of an achievement-oriented Baton Rouge clan with roots in southern black aristocracy.

My search was brief but I suspect there are many other examples Disney can choose from to weave into a new story supporting "Princess and the Frog", or whatever it's called in the end.
2D isn't Ded yet!
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Last edited by Ariel'sprince on Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

[/quote]......[quote][/quote]
Last edited by disneyboy20022 on Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

I havn't been sure if i really wanted to coment on it but if i were Ariel'sprince i would get that off this site before someone takes serious offence to it.

To be frank, it's this kind of social insensitivity that still makes it hard for the black population in the U.S. to fit in todays world.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

wow.... that was insane.

insanely confusing. I mean if it was some sort of joke, I do hope you realise it was both unfunny and in bad taste.