DIfferent sign-up offers, other questions

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
littlefuzzy
Anniversary Edition

DIfferent sign-up offers, other questions

Post by littlefuzzy »

I went to the Disney Movie Club site, and it had (I think) buy 3 for 1.99 each, free shipping, and then get the 14.95 and 9.95 title...

However, I was mailed an offer that gives 4 for 1.99 each, free shipping, and then the extra two.

From reading threads here, I have seen mention of 4 (or 5) titles for $1 each, with varying amounts of shipping. What is the best deal at the moment?

Also, does the 9.95 title count as one of the obligations?

Finally, are these the exact movies I would buy in the store, with slipcovers, tins (in the case of the Treasures,) inserts, and Movie Rewards?
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

The $9.95 does not count as one of the obligations.

They are the exact movies that you would buy in the store. Treasures do come with tins. Sometimes DVDs will come with slipcovers, and sometimes they won't- it really is a similar situation to stores- probably they will run out of DVDs with slipcovers and they'll ship some without slipcovers. The newer DVDs are bound to have the slipcovers, though.

I'm not sure what the best deal is at the moment, but obviously the 4 for !1.99 each seems better than the 3 for $1.99 option, since you get another really cheap movie.
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by jrboy »

908001, this will get you 5 dvds for a $1 and four more to buy over the next 2 years. If you take the $14.95 bonus dvd then you will only need to buy 3 over the next two years.
littlefuzzy
Anniversary Edition

Post by littlefuzzy »

jrboy wrote:908001, this will get you 5 dvds for a $1 and four more to buy over the next 2 years. If you take the $14.95 bonus dvd then you will only need to buy 3 over the next two years.
Do you have to use a credit card for that one?

I noticed that the "3 for..." and "4 for..." offers would let you have all 3 (or 4) DVDs for $1 total, but only if you used a credit card.

All I have is debit.
blackcauldron85

littlefuzzy wrote: All I have is debit.
Does your debit card have a credit card symbol on it (like Visa, MasterCard or American Express)? If so, then you can use it as a credit card for anything that you need a credit card for. If it doesn't have a credit card symbol on it, though, then you can't use it as a credit card.
littlefuzzy
Anniversary Edition

Post by littlefuzzy »

blackcauldron85 wrote:
littlefuzzy wrote: All I have is debit.
Does your debit card have a credit card symbol on it (like Visa, MasterCard or American Express)? If so, then you can use it as a credit card for anything that you need a credit card for. If it doesn't have a credit card symbol on it, though, then you can't use it as a credit card.
Yes it does (Visa), although I noticed that DMC would charge for the DVD of the month when it ships... I would rather be billed for it, in case I am out of money at that time.
littlefuzzy
Anniversary Edition

Post by littlefuzzy »

jrboy wrote:908001, this will get you 5 dvds for a $1 and four more to buy over the next 2 years. If you take the $14.95 bonus dvd then you will only need to buy 3 over the next two years.
Ahh, I just looked at the terms for this one:

...you qualify to receive 5 Disney DVDs of your choice from the list of titles currently available from the Disney Movie Club for $1.99 each. Shipping and processing is free. Save even more when you sign up with a credit card, and pay just $1.00 total.

So in other words, this offer is still $1.99 per DVD, UNLESS you use the credit card. Then it is $1 total, plus the $14.95 and $9.95 DVDs.
EAWildman

Post by EAWildman »

I am a Disney Chase Visa credit card holder. About a year ago, DMC sent me a mailing offering me 5 DVD's for $1 total if I used my Disney Visa card. Then I had 4 more movies to buy. At the same time I ordered the 5 DVD's for $1 I could order one more DVD for $14.95 and have it count toward my committment. Plus, no shipping on that order.

So, I got 6 movies for $15.95 with three more to buy at $19.95 or more (plus $3.95 shipping).

Last month, DMC offered free shipping, so I ordered three more DVD's (the ones I wanted were all $21.95). So, I spent $65.85 for those three DVD's.

So, in the end I got 9 DVD's for $81.80 which breaks down to about $9.09 per DVD. I bought Aladin Platinum Edition, Cars, A Bugs Life, Toy Story, Toy Story 2, The Muppet Movie, Peter Pan Platinum Edition, Ratatouille, and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

I guess next month I will get my VIP status. I plan on sticking with the Club for at least a few months to see what advantages the VIP status will get me.

I have not seen a deal better than the one I got mailed to me last year.

Eric
-----------------------------------------------------
"They say that these are not the best of times,
But they're the only times I've ever known."
-- B. Joel
-----------------------------------------------------
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

Post by rs_milo_whatever »

Meet The Robinsons is the current Featured Title Right???

but i already own this and the help button tells me to press the No Thanks button if i don't want it;but where is that???
blackcauldron85

rs_milo_whatever wrote:Meet The Robinsons is the current Featured Title Right???

but i already own this and the help button tells me to press the No Thanks button if i don't want it;but where is that???
At the top left of the website, it will show the featured title of the month. Click on it. It should then bring you to where you can accept or decline the selection of the month. If that doesn't work for some reason, you could always call the Automated Selection of the Month phone number, 1-800-382-4527.
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

thenk you Amy; it says i don't have to decline right now and i will need to reply by February 20; i'm just worried because i went to the FAQ section
and it says that there is no way i can decline because i agreed to receive these titles each month.

also, my order history is empty and i was wondering if i'm supposed to
have the DVDs that i picked from the offer in there, because i haven't
received the confirmation e-mail yet either.

are the 3D cards only available for the Featured Title, or any movie you get on DMC, and are they free???

sorry for all the questions but i just joined :)
blackcauldron85

You should have the option to either accept the selection, decline, or decide later.

The order history isn't usually accurate.

The 3D cards are only for the featured title (unless otherwise mentioned), and I believe that they are free when you order the selection of the month (but I could be wrong).
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

thanks Amy, you've been a great help!!!

just one more question...how did you become a VIP member??? am i gonna have to buy dozens of DVDs for that???
blackcauldron85

No problem! Once you've completed your commitment (buying the number of movies you're supposed to...whether it's 4 or 5 in one or two years), then you'll become a VIP member.
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by jrboy »

Edit: Oops, Amy beat me.....jrboy
rs_milo_whatever wrote:just one more question...how did you become a VIP member??? am i gonna have to buy dozens of DVDs for that???
Depending on which sign-up you used, you may have to buy between 3 to 5 titles @ $19.95 or higher to become a vip.....
EAWildman wrote:I am a Disney Chase Visa credit card holder. About a year ago, DMC sent me a mailing offering me 5 DVD's for $1 total if I used my Disney Visa card. Then I had 4 more movies to buy. At the same time I ordered the 5 DVD's for $1 I could order one more DVD for $14.95 and have it count toward my committment. Plus, no shipping on that order.
With his offer, EAWildman had to buy 4 more title to become a vip, or 3 if he took the one for $14.95.
Last edited by jrboy on Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

thank you for your help, i can't wait until i receive the DVDs; i can't believe i'll finally own Who Framed Roger Rabbit!!!