Walt Disney Treasures: Wave 7 DVDs Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

Well, I am mad that there won't be another Legacy Collection, but its nice that there will be another Donald collection.
Gurgi30
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Gurgi30 »

I'm extremely happy that the Treasures line is continuing with three great sets. Hopefully, we'll get another one in 2008. I'd like to see Donald In Mathmagic Land on Vol. 3 as I've been waiting for it what feels like forever. This is one of my favorite cartoons and I don't care what set it shows up on but the sooner the better. I could pay $60 for it through the Disney education site since my wife is a teacher but that's a lot of money for a 26 minute cartoon.

We also need the following cartoons released somewhere. I don't know if these have ever been brought up or not.

Feliz Navidad - 1974 starring Donald, Jose, and Panchicto
The Energy Savers - 1983 starring Mickey, Donald, and Goofy

At a combined 13 mintues these could fit either in Donald Vol. 4 or an Educational set.

I'd also love to see Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros (Donald parts) on Disney Vol. 4 just like Mickey had Mickey and the Beanstalk, The Sorcerer's Apprentice, and Mickey's Christmas Carol.
Last edited by Gurgi30 on Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

ichabod wrote:My thoughts exactly, a Treasures DVD comprised of, those Donald and Goofy shorts, plus Scrooge McDuck and Money, maybe a couple more of the training films from the WWII era and round it off with the complete collection of Jiminy Cricket You and Your and I'm no fool shorts and I'd be one happy ichabod! ;)
This is just wishful thinking, mind you, but maybe some of the Jiminy Cricket toons will show up as bonuses on the Pinocchio PE DVD (I mean, they did it on the overseas 2003 DVD).

Also there are a few more of those Health For the Americas toons not seen on the WWII DVD.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

I'd like to see a Disney commercial set. There was an article at one of the animation magazine websites about how Disney had a seperate trailer on the lot that produced commericals for years, many of them with the Disney charcters for all sorts of companies and products.
Lars Vermundsberget
Collector's Edition

Post by Lars Vermundsberget »

ichabod wrote:
Lars Vermundsberget wrote:But in that case could you tell how many shorts would be left for volume 4?
Well 1947-1950 would be 30 shorts

(...)

Leaving 28 shorts plus 5 'other' titles
Either way, my point in asking the question was that including the 1951 titles in volume 3 would leave five less for volume 4. Your outline here makes more sense.
Lars Vermundsberget
Collector's Edition

Gurgi30 wrote:I'd like to see Donald In Mathmagic Land on Vol. 3 as I've been waiting for it what feels like forever.
Based on chronology I wouldn't expect that until volume 4.
Maerj wrote:I'd like to see a Disney commercial set. There was an article at one of the animation magazine websites about how Disney had a seperate trailer on the lot that produced commericals for years, many of them with the Disney charcters for all sorts of companies and products.
There is a lot of old animated material in addition to the classic theatrical shorts that could be used as basis for more Treasures. There's "commercial", "educational", and also various "public service" and "instructional" (for the armed forces during the war), some of which was included on the Frontlines set. I'd like to see a set of more such material. Oh, and I guess television animation is another chapter.
Billy Moon
Special Edition

Post by Billy Moon »

A Ludwig von Drake Treasure would be cool.
Did I mention that already?

And the Christmas Specials!
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

Billy Moon wrote:A Ludwig von Drake Treasure would be cool.
Did I mention that already?

And the Christmas Specials!
I want that one they show clips of in the Peter Pan extras, with the voice actors in costume! They should have included it, like they included the one for Alice in Wonderland!
MikeyMouse
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MikeyMouse »

PixarFan2006 wrote:Well, I am mad that there won't be another Legacy Collection, but its nice that there will be another Donald collection.
Who sad there wouldn't be another Legacy Collection? They just moved two of the titles over to the Treasures, but they still haven't mentioned anything about "Destino" or if the LC is kaput. Don't give up hope for both continuing yet!
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

Post by Mr. Toad »

MikeyMouse wrote:
PixarFan2006 wrote:Well, I am mad that there won't be another Legacy Collection, but its nice that there will be another Donald collection.
Who sad there wouldn't be another Legacy Collection? They just moved two of the titles over to the Treasures, but they still haven't mentioned anything about "Destino" or if the LC is kaput. Don't give up hope for both continuing yet!
They have not said it is dead in fact it is not. There will be a wave 2. They are currently working on what else will be included. It will be Destino plus two others. An almost for sure is People and Places.
Disneyland Trips - 07/77, 07/80, 07/83, 05/92, 05/96, 05/97, 06/00, 11/00, 02/02, 06/02, 11/02, 04/06, 01/07, 07/07, 11/07,11/08, 07/09

Disneyworld Trips - 01/05

Disney Cruise - 01/05

Six Flags DK - 03/09, 05/09. 06/09, 07/09
BackgroundActorman1976
Gold Classic Collection

Post by BackgroundActorman1976 »

first everyone is upset that they think the disney treasure line was dead even though it was never OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED that it was dead,
now disney issues a press release saying there are more waves, and do you get now people who are whineing that the disney legacy line must be dead or probably dead. again there is no indication that it is that way.

sometimes i dont get people
Be sure to look for me this summer very briefly in Predators
UncleEd
Banned

Post by UncleEd »

I hope the Legacy line will get the live action stuff out there like the Zorros, and the rest of the Swamp Foxes and El Fago Baccas....Maybe Oswald and Disneyland have been bumped to make way for Song of the South? Just an idea....
Mason_Ireton
Banned

Oswald

Post by Mason_Ireton »

I'm so happy bout the Oswald set, hopefully they'll include an in-depth behind the character document, gallery galore, interview with Diane Miller/Roy E. Disney. Maybe if Universal will allow it, some interviews from Universal historians too. Defintly gon'na buy Oswald/Donald.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

UncleEd wrote:I hope the Legacy line will get the live action stuff out there like the Zorros, and the rest of the Swamp Foxes and El Fago Baccas....Maybe Oswald and Disneyland have been bumped to make way for Song of the South? Just an idea....
*drools at the prospect of a restored Song of the South brimming with extras and coming to DVD in a fancy circular "film can" tin*

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
yamiiguy
Anniversary Edition

Post by yamiiguy »

Disney Oswald Shorts:

* Trolley Troubles
* Oh Teacher
* The Mechanical Cow
* Great Guns
* All Wet
* The Ocean Hop
* The Banker's Daughter
* Empty Socks
* Rickety Gin
* Harem Scarem
* Neck 'n' Neck
* The Ol' Swimmin' Hole
* Africa Before Dark
* Rival Romeos
* Bright Lights
* Oh, What a Knight
* Sagebrush Sadie
* Ride'em Plow Boy
* Sky Scrappers
* Ozzie of the Mounted
* Hungry Hoboes
* Poor Papa – Pilot Short
* The Fox Chase
* Tall Timber
* Sleigh Bells
* Hot Dog

Some of them are apparently lost though, wonder if we'll get Poor Papa as a bonus feature
:D
Lars Vermundsberget
Collector's Edition

Ltinker1976 wrote:first everyone is upset that they think the disney treasure line was dead even though it was never OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED that it was dead,
now disney issues a press release saying there are more waves, and do you get now people who are whineing that the disney legacy line must be dead or probably dead. again there is no indication that it is that way.
Well, two of the titles previously "announced" or "officially rumoured" for Legacy wave 2 now seems to have been moved over to the WDT line. I guess it wouldn't really be far-fetched to read that at the very least as an "indication" of the demise of the Legacy line.

But I don't know. And it doesn't really matter. More classic material - that's what matters.
MK Sharp
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MK Sharp »

yamiiguy wrote:Disney Oswald Shorts
Some of them are apparently lost though, wonder if we'll get Poor Papa as a bonus feature
They'd have to find it first...

The 11 Disney Oswalds that are known to survive are:
Trolley Troubles / Oh Teacher / The Mechanical Cow / Great Guns / All Wet / The Ocean Hop / Rival Romeos / Bright Lights / Oh, What a Knight / Sky Scrappers / The Fox Chase

Jerry Beck over at Cartoon Brew has announced that the Oswald set will also include the documentary Ub Iwerks: The Hand Behind The Mouse, which was produced by his grand-daughter Leslie Iwerks. Which is nice.
Last edited by MK Sharp on Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I hope we never lose sight of one thing - that this was all started by a little girl and a cat. And a rabbit."
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

Post by Mr. Toad »

yamiiguy wrote:Disney Oswald Shorts:

* Trolley Troubles
* Oh Teacher
* The Mechanical Cow
* Great Guns
* All Wet
* The Ocean Hop
* The Banker's Daughter
* Empty Socks
* Rickety Gin
* Harem Scarem
* Neck 'n' Neck
* The Ol' Swimmin' Hole
* Africa Before Dark
* Rival Romeos
* Bright Lights
* Oh, What a Knight
* Sagebrush Sadie
* Ride'em Plow Boy
* Sky Scrappers
* Ozzie of the Mounted
* Hungry Hoboes
* Poor Papa – Pilot Short
* The Fox Chase
* Tall Timber
* Sleigh Bells
* Hot Dog

My recollection is 11 survive.
Disneyland Trips - 07/77, 07/80, 07/83, 05/92, 05/96, 05/97, 06/00, 11/00, 02/02, 06/02, 11/02, 04/06, 01/07, 07/07, 11/07,11/08, 07/09

Disneyworld Trips - 01/05

Disney Cruise - 01/05

Six Flags DK - 03/09, 05/09. 06/09, 07/09
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

MK Sharp wrote:They'd have to find it first...Jerry Beck over at Cartoon Brew has announced that the Oswald set will also include the documentary Ub Iwerks: The Hand Behind The Mouse, which was produced by his grand-daughter Leslie Iwerks.
Well who knows what will show up on the DVD, after all who knows what Disney have had laying around in their vaults all these years and of course it's possible that Universal found some old prints of a couple of the missing shorts when sending their stuff over to Disney, isn't it! ;)

Anyway It's good news the Hand Behind the Mouse will get it's DVD incarnation. I know a few people have been clamouring for a release of that.
Lars Vermundsberget
Collector's Edition

yamiiguy wrote:Some of them are apparently lost though, wonder if we'll get Poor Papa as a bonus feature
You happen to "know something", perhaps...?