Walt Disney Treasures: Wave 7 DVDs Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Scrooge McDuck

Post by Scrooge McDuck »

Pluto Region1 wrote:Yeah, well I was actually thinking of asking anyone in this thread if they receive tins from Amazon, to please post what condition it was in (like a poll), but a lot of the people here could care less about the condition of the tins and probably won't do that
To me, the most important thing is the fact that I have the Treasures.
As for the tins: I store the DVDs the same way as ultimatefilmfan (http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... &start=340) so I don't really worry too much about a dent.

About the new 3: I had to order them trough amazon.com as I live in the Netherlands.
I had them ship by UPS priority international courier (the quickest, yet most expensive way of shipping at Amazon) and they arrived two days after they were shipped!
(normally it takes at least 1,5 week if you are lucky with the customs (they tend to hold back your package and charge you with VAT) and if the mailservice does it's job correctly)

That's why I choose the UPS priority international courier shipping method. It cost me a whopping $ 128, (shipping+3 treasures) but for a neurotic freak like myself :D it's the only way.
I still have a complete Treasures collection.

About the dents: Yes. I spotted a minor dent on one of the three tins.
It's all about luck, even with expensive shipping you have no guarantees.
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

Well, more often than not, you can rely on Amazon to get the job.

As for the tins, I don't usually care for them too much. I just put them aside indefinitely.
jebsdad
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jebsdad »

dvdjunkie wrote:Next question - have those of you that have Chron Donald Three found all ten of the Easter Eggs? They really aren't that hard to find except for numbers four and eight. And they bring back a lot of memories about the Mickey Mouse Club also.
I found the 10 Easter Eggs of "Donald and the Gong" rather easily except for number 2. I didn't think that "Main Menu" (on the Bonus Features menu page of Disc 1) would have an Easter Egg associated with it.

By the way, Leonard's Maltin statement that "all 10 Donald and the Gong segments" are included as Easter Eggs is misleading. YES, there are 10 on this Treasure set but I remember at least 15 different Gong scenes. The five missing gong scenes that I remember include some of the more violent ones - (1) Gong turns into a fireworks wheels and shoots fireworks sparks at Donald (2) Donald boxes the gong, it hits Donald on its way down (3) Donald tries to fire a cannon at gong, cannon goes off as Donald looks into the cannon (4) Goat butts Donald into gong (5) Gong turns into a bag of water, which bursts and catches Donald in a flood. A fish swims up and blows bubbles into Donald's face.

My interest in the Walt Disney Treasures DVD series is different than many Disney fans. Generally, I've owned most of the Disney video on VHS due to collecting for over 20 years, including much taping of the Disney Channel back in the mid 1980s. So I'm generally not seeing this video for the first time - I'm mainly replacing video copies with nicer DVD copies. I'm still thrilled to have all this wonderful creative work on DVD now. The series is now a total of 25 sets. I look forward to hopefully at least two more years of this series.
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

That's kinda how I did things, too. The replacing of VHS versions of movies with DVDs, I mean. And it's not just Disney movies, either.
Pluto Region1
Special Edition

Post by Pluto Region1 »

Scrooge McDuck wrote: About the new 3: I had to order them trough amazon.com as I live in the Netherlands.
I had them ship by UPS priority international courier (the quickest, yet most expensive way of shipping at Amazon) and they arrived two days after they were shipped!
(normally it takes at least 1,5 week if you are lucky with the customs (they tend to hold back your package and charge you with VAT) and if the mailservice does it's job correctly)

That's why I choose the UPS priority international courier shipping method. It cost me a whopping $ 128, (shipping+3 treasures) but for a neurotic freak like myself :D it's the only way.
I still have a complete Treasures collection.

About the dents: Yes. I spotted a minor dent on one of the three tins.
It's all about luck, even with expensive shipping you have no guarantees.
Thanks for posting - 1 minor dent out of 3 tins isn't too bad. Wow, I can't believe you paid - what was that, an extra $50 for the priority shipping? I would think you'd be really concerned about the quality of the tins at that price - but I know, in the end what's important is that we get the content.

I just came in to follow up on the search via BestBuy.com.... as of this AM I tried Los Angeles and surrounding stores, Torrance, and surrounding stores, Orange County - and they are completely sold out of the Disneyland tin - not a tin to be found in about a 40-square mile radius at any Best Buy, according to the website.
Pluto Region1, Disney fan in training
Pluto Region1
Special Edition

Post by Pluto Region1 »

jebsdad wrote: By the way, Leonard's Maltin statement that "all 10 Donald and the Gong segments" are included as Easter Eggs is misleading. YES, there are 10 on this Treasure set but I remember at least 15 different Gong scenes. The five missing gong scenes that I remember include some of the more violent ones -
I wonder if Disney is censoring again?! Or could they just have forgotten about these? What do you guys think?
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

Pluto Region1 wrote:
jebsdad wrote: By the way, Leonard's Maltin statement that "all 10 Donald and the Gong segments" are included as Easter Eggs is misleading. YES, there are 10 on this Treasure set but I remember at least 15 different Gong scenes. The five missing gong scenes that I remember include some of the more violent ones -
I wonder if Disney is censoring again?! Or could they just have forgotten about these? What do you guys think?
Well, according to the review for Mickey In Color, the censorship in Clock Cleaners was probably the result of carelessness. So maybe the extra gong scenes may have been carelessly left out.
DisneyQuack
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyQuack »

Ordered Donald and Disney from Best Buy.com because no BB's near me had either....I was a little shocked...I'll just pick up Oswald by itself this week.
Pluto Region1
Special Edition

Post by Pluto Region1 »

DisneyQuack wrote:Ordered Donald and Disney from Best Buy.com because no BB's near me had either.
Okay there's another thing I didn't know - I could have ordered it from them even if they don't have it in the stores?
!
:brick:

Oh boy, I really learned a lot this year about the many ways of acquiring these tins. Please post on the condition of tins shipped from Best Buy. I'm expecting my Disneyland tin this week from Amazon.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Just a head's up for anyone who's got a Sam's Club in their area. Tins there are a mere $21.88 and my Sam's Club was stocked with about 5-10 of each title. So if anyone who has membership at Sam's Club and can't find these babies at BestBuy or Target and don't want to order online, check out your store.

Scaps
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

You beat me to the punch Escapay............my Sam's Club stores here in Wichita have a whole section of nothing but tins, the current ones, and some of the overstock from the other waves, not a lot to choose from, but at $21.88, they make great Christmas gifts for that someone special. One of our Sam's Clubs, and we have three, had about 50 of the Legacy True-Life Adventures sets also for for $18.87.

:)
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Scrooge McDuck

Post by Scrooge McDuck »

Pluto Region1 wrote:Wow, I can't believe you paid - what was that, an extra $50 for the priority shipping? I would think you'd be really concerned about the quality of the tins at that price - but I know, in the end what's important is that we get the content.
Yes, it was approx $ 50 extra.
My other option was the cheap shipping, but with that:
-I had to wait a lot longer than 2 days before receiving the items
-I wouldn't be able to track the package (I don't really trust the normal mail here in the Netherlands....like many others)
-I would have a good chance that customs would snatch my package and keep it for a few weeks to calculate VAT (yes, that happens here)
-Mail that's delivered by the normal mailservice is treated worse than with a courierservice.

In the past I had another option: get it from a local shop that sells region 1 DVDs.
Get ready for a shock: they charged approx $ 50 for one Treasure.

I have my expensive DVDs shipped by courier for the reasons above (luckily, those aren't that many). My regular stuff is shipped the normal way.

You americans have it (compared with the europeans) so good.... :D
DisneyQuack
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyQuack »

Picked up Oswald at BB today....they still didn't have any other the others....and the ones I ordered from BB.com shipped so hopefully they'll arrive this week.
mybluerabbit

Post by mybluerabbit »

Got all three in the mail today from Amazon.
Slight dent on the Disneyland set, but that doesn't bother me much. I find that the tins end up getting dented no matter what I do anyway.

One thing that surprised me though, was that the front cover of the Donald case inside the tin was creased. Now this does bother me, and I really can't figure out how it got there. The tin is in perfect condition...

On a side note, I now also have three disney movie reward codes that I will never use. So if anyone wants them, send me a message and I can give you the codes.
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

Yesterday, I went to Best Buy to see if I could get the Treasures. The only one I could find was Oswald. The next day, I went to Costco to again get them, but again, all I found was Oswald. Needless to say, I was getting mad. Then, acting on a tip from a fellow forum member, I went to Sam's Club to try again. But all they had was the WWII DVD from long ago. Needless to say, I was so mad, I started feeling like I was being cheated. How DARE they don't have ALL of the Treasures, and at Christmas, when they're needed most! I'm beginning to think that the ONLY place to reliably find them ALL is at Amazon. What am I gonna do?
DisneyQuack
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyQuack »

Anyone want my Oswald button? 8)
ramapith

Post by ramapith »

Yes! Or rather, my boss at work wants mine, and I won't let him have it. If you're willing to sacrifice yours for the cause, I'd be overjoyed. Want to contact me privately?
DisneyQuack
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyQuack »

ramapith wrote:Yes! Or rather, my boss at work wants mine, and I won't let him have it. If you're willing to sacrifice yours for the cause, I'd be overjoyed. Want to contact me privately?
PM sent.
TM2-Megatron
Anniversary Edition

Post by TM2-Megatron »

Well, I picked mine up today -- never again will I wait even a week, though, if the quantities are under 100,000 :o . I checked the stock of my local Best Buy and Future Shop online before leaving this morning... it said they had the Disneyland and Oswald tins, respectively. However, by the time I got to Best Buy (no more than half an hour after it opened), the single Disneyland tin they had was gone. Fortunately, I had better luck at Future Shop with Oswald.

However, luckily, my city has a specialty DVD warehouse type store that's open to the public in addition to selling online, and they had multiple copies of all three. So I was able to pick up Disneyland and Donald there. I don't think many people in the area actually know about the place, since it's in a commericial area surrounded mostly by wholesalers and offices that don't service the public directly.

It's quite shocking how fast these are selling out, though. I hope this makes Disney revert back to the previous quantities for future Waves. However, it's not surprising that some of us have had trouble finding them when certain stores, like the ones mentioned in Kansas, are allowed to order as many as 50 of each tin, lol. With such a limited run, there such also be limits placed on how many individual stores are allowed to stock at a given time.

On the upside though, with only 50,000 each of Donald and Disneyland, perhaps they'll be more valuable than usual. Particularly if the video quality is, as reported, back up to previous standards. I look forward to finding out when I get home tonight.
Pluto Region1
Special Edition

Post by Pluto Region1 »

Big Disney Fan wrote:Yesterday, I went to Best Buy to see if I could get the Treasures. The only one I could find was Oswald. The next day, I went to Costco to again get them, but again, all I found was Oswald. Needless to say, I was getting mad. Then, acting on a tip from a fellow forum member, I went to Sam's Club to try again. But all they had was the WWII DVD from long ago. Needless to say, I was so mad, I started feeling like I was being cheated. How DARE they don't have ALL of the Treasures, and at Christmas, when they're needed most! I'm beginning to think that the ONLY place to reliably find them ALL is at Amazon. What am I gonna do?
That is exactly how I felt, driving around and around to Best Buy, etc to no avail. See my earlier posts. You can order from Best Buy, order from Amazon (if you don't mind the condition of the tins when they arrive), I guess try Sam's Club, Costco, or order from Disneyshopping.com (see my earlier post for the link for the site).

You guys will not believe this..... (drum roll please).....bum bum bum (that's a drum)

The Disneyland tin from Amazon.com arrived in perfect condition!!!!

:pink: :pink: :pink:

Ok, HOW it arrived in perfect condition, is nothing less than a Christmas miracle, because the idiots in the Amazon warehouse shipped it in a plain bubble-wrap envelope! Yes, somehow an envelope, with no support, that could easily be crushed, somehow this envelope survived the whole mailing process. Its truly unbelievable. I checked the tin - there is not a single dent or ding anywhere. In the past, I have received Treasures tins from Amazon that came in cardboard boxes and they were dinged or dented. One even looked like someone had sat on it. So the fact that this arrived in a bubble envelope in completely perfect condition is a miracle.

:shock: