The New, Improved, 'Post a Photo of Your Disney Collection'

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
brotherbear
Special Edition

Post by brotherbear »

darth_deetoo wrote:I got the King Louie plush last December from the UK Disney Store. Hoping to get a Baloo at Disneyland Paris. It was £12 but I got it during a 3 for 2 promotion on soft toys.
Aww..lucky. I don't really have any Disney plushes that are in good condition. I have a purring Nala plush (which is in good condition), Patch (101 Dalmatians) plush that has been loved to death since I was around 2-3...so he's really worn, a purring Simba plush (also very worn), a pirate mickey mouse beanie (Disney World), Japanese Minnie (Disney World), and the small Flounder plush from the PE release at Best Buy. But that's it. I know I had a whole lot more Disney plushes when I was little (particularily a plush Lady (LATT), and Rajah/Shere Khan tiger plush). But I'm going to change that. :P I'm hoping in finding mainly Jungle Book plushes: Bagheera, Kaa, King Louis, Baloo, and maybe a vulture or Junior Elephant.

I was just thinking. This year, my school's band trip is to NYC. While we're there, we MIGHT be allowed to shop around 5th Avenue...maybe. I haven't gotten a schedule yet, but for those who don't know, The NYC Disney store happens to be on 5th Avenue. Being that we're going sometime in Mid-Late March, do you think they will have any Jungle Book plushes there? And how much do they usually cost (in USD?) You see, my town USED to have a Disney Store in the mall, but it closed about 3 years ago. :cry: So now I have to find a store else where which is proving somewhat difficult.

-BB
MY "FAB FOUR": 1- FANTASIA, 2- THE LION KING, 3- BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, 4- THE JUNGLE BOOK

reyquila
Anniversary Edition

Post by reyquila »

Heres mine. Thanks to all the kind people that enjoy looking at this threads. As the creator of this postings I can say I enjoy looking other people collections.

My kids have a lot of plushes: Marie, Lady, Nala, Simba and many others from our past visits to WDW. But there is one special plush that you'll see in these photos.

I have Region 1, Region 2 and Region 4 DVDs. All Region 1 Disney DVD animated releases!!!

Brer Rabbit!!!! Gotta love him!!

WDW Trips: 1992,1997,2005,2006, 2007, 2008, 2009-10 (Disney's Port Orleans-Riverside), 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018 and 2022.
Disneyland Trips: 2008 (Disneyland Hotel) and 2016
Disney Cruises: 2007, 2010 (Wonder) and 2012 (Dream).
My Disney Movies http://connect.collectorz.com/users/peluche/movies/view
RachelSmachel
Gold Classic Collection

Post by RachelSmachel »

I finally something to put all my DVDs in! Before I just had to store them where ever I had room.

Three DVDs aren't pictured. I spent a lot of time arranging all the titles to my liking. I'm going to be screwed whenever I get more DVDs.

My Disney section, it's grown a little bit since I last updated.

I also got this:

Not licensed merchandise, but I think it's pretty cool anyway :D

Now just to find a frame for it...
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

It's official. RachaelSmachael has a kickass DVD collection. She's got Legend. If you can import, be sure to get the kickass two-disc Ultimate Edition from R1. Then you'll have the truly ultimate edition, as you'll own all three versions of the film (113-minute director's cut, 89-minute US theatrical cut, and the one you already have, which I'm assuming is the 94-minute European cut). Plus, there's a great selection of extras:
-Audio Commentary by Ridley Scott (director's cut)
-"Creating a Myth: Memories of Legend" Documentary (51 minutes)
-Isolated Tangerine Dream score (US theatrical cut)
-Lost Scenes: Alternate Four Goblins Opening (10:35)
-Lost Scenes: Faerie Dance - recreated via production stills and storyboards, with original audio tracks (2:46)
-Storyboard Montages (Lily & the Unicorns, Jack's Challenge, Downfall of Darkness)
-Photo Galleries: Publicity Photographs (2:46)
-Photo Galleries: Production Photographs (4:49)
-Photo Galleries: Continuity Polaroids (4:50)
-Bryan Ferry "Is Your Love Strong Enough?" music video
-US Theatrical Trailer
-International Theatrical Trailer
-4 TV Spots
-Script-to-Scene Comparison (DVD-ROM)

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Shycode

Post by Shycode »

Woah RachelSmachel, I so wish they would have used that "Return to Oz" DVD Art in the United States. I've been wanting to make a custom cover for years but I can never find a high-quality image.
RachelSmachel
Gold Classic Collection

Post by RachelSmachel »

Shycode wrote:Woah RachelSmachel, I so wish they would have used that "Return to Oz" DVD Art in the United States. I've been wanting to make a custom cover for years but I can never find a high-quality image.
Would you like me to scan it for you?
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

wow did Disney ever cheap out on the art for the Gold Collection in whichever region Rachel is from (I can never keep them straight). I mean I think the cover art for most of the Gold Collection discs leaves much to be desired, and a big thick yellow line doesn't really help.

But that's a nice little collection you've got there.
Shycode

Post by Shycode »

RachelSmachel wrote:
Shycode wrote:Woah RachelSmachel, I so wish they would have used that "Return to Oz" DVD Art in the United States. I've been wanting to make a custom cover for years but I can never find a high-quality image.
Would you like me to scan it for you?
That would be amazing if you could! Thank you so much! :D
RachelSmachel
Gold Classic Collection

Post by RachelSmachel »

Widdi wrote:wow did Disney ever cheap out on the art for the Gold Collection in whichever region Rachel is from (I can never keep them straight). I mean I think the cover art for most of the Gold Collection discs leaves much to be desired, and a big thick yellow line doesn't really help.
They're Region 4 DVDs. The art is okay but I rather like the yellow bar myself.
Widdi wrote:But that's a nice little collection you've got there.
Thank-you! I've become rather fond of my growing collection.
Shycode wrote:That would be amazing if you could! Thank you so much! :D
No problem, enjoy!

Shycode

Post by Shycode »

Hmm, the front cover is showing up smaller then the insert. But thank you so much! I have never seen it in this quality before. :)
RachelSmachel
Gold Classic Collection

Post by RachelSmachel »

Shycode wrote:Hmm, the front cover is showing up smaller then the insert. But thank you so much! I have never seen it in this quality before. :)
Hmm, not sure what's causing it. Probably the hosting site, sorry about that. Hopefully it should enlarge without a problem.
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

Post by Chernabog_Rocks »

Hey RachelSmachel, I'm rather jealous of your Cardcaptors DVD's :D I only have one so far that my friend gave me for my B-Day last year. Anyways back to Disney stuff, I spent a good portion of today moving my stands/shelving units around since I'm out of space for anything in my room now :x :( But I added a few new non-dvd's to my collection which are:

Beauty and The Beast: Enchanted Christmas
Mickeys Christmas Carol
Mighty Joe Young

I also picked up a Spirited Away DVD at a Pawnshop, but the Bonus Disc was missing (I didn't really care since I never watch the bonus features) but the guy working there felt bad so he looked through his pile of DVD's without cases and gave me Tarzan 2 (which was also missing the Second Disc, if there is one for it) so basically a 2-for-1 deal. I'll end up getting them again but for now I'm happy with it. Later on this week my dad's more than likely picking up Cinderella 3 for me, since he works at Zellers and gets discounts, and when I manage to scrounge up enough money I'll try to order Gargoyles Season 1 and if I find enough Season 2 Vol 1 from a local CD Plus store. I'll post an updated list once I finish putting the movies back, I would post pics but I can't find new batterys.....or the camera for that matter :oops:
yamiiguy
Anniversary Edition

Post by yamiiguy »

Wow, all your collections put mine to shame!
I love your Lion King cel RachelSmachel and even out of all Reyquila's DVD's the thing I can't stop looking at is the Brer Rabbit plush!
I am currently housing my DVD's in a wheely drawer that slides under my bed becauase I can't find a sutable bookshelf thing to put them in :(
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Everyone's collections are really great! I wanted to post mine, so I made a Photobucket account. Here's the link:

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s99/amy5891623/

(I'm not sure if, when I click on it, it says "Upload picture here" on just mine, or if it will on yours too...hopefully not!...Maybe because I'm signed in on my computer...??)
yamiiguy
Anniversary Edition

Post by yamiiguy »

blackcauldron85 wrote:Everyone's collections are really great! I wanted to post mine, so I made a Photobucket account. Here's the link:

(I'm not sure if, when I click on it, it says "Upload picture here" on just mine, or if it will on yours too...hopefully not!...Maybe because I'm signed in on my computer...??)
Nope it works fine :D
brotherbear
Special Edition

Post by brotherbear »

blackcauldron85 wrote:Everyone's collections are really great! I wanted to post mine, so I made a Photobucket account. Here's the link:

Nice collection, blackcauldron85!! I'm very jealous of your Pinocchio VHS! (I've been looking for a VHS/DVD of it because I have yet to watch it in english... :roll: ). I'm also wondering what the sole Treasure you have is. :P

By they way, where did you get you're SOTS download? I have a download from Limewire, but its the worst quality in video I've ever seen. (Somone filming their TV playing SOTS!!) I'm looking for a good quality download...and I would buy a boot. DVD to save time and all, but I'm lacking in money. Much more spending from me, and I won't be able to buy Peter Pan! :(

Speaking of SOTS, requila, I'm loving your Brer Rabbit plush! Is it an antique, or from overseas?

-BB
MY "FAB FOUR": 1- FANTASIA, 2- THE LION KING, 3- BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, 4- THE JUNGLE BOOK

blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Thanks, brotherbear! I have 2 Treasures, the Behind the Scenes one and the Front Lines one. I ordered the 2 Mickey Mouse in Black and White ones, but the DMC hasn't shipped them yet. My husband downloaded SOTS a few years ago for me, but I don't know from where. It's not horrible quality, but it's nowhere near DVD quality. But, it's neat to have it. And, have you tried looking for "Pinocchio" on Amazon.com or Half.com? I know they have it there for pretty cheap.

edit: brotherbear, I just asked my husband- he thinks he got SOTS from Limewire, too.
Last edited by blackcauldron85 on Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeffel
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jeffel »

My copy of SotS was recorded straight off the tv so it's pretty good quality.
reyquila
Anniversary Edition

Post by reyquila »

brotherbear wrote:

Nice collection, blackcauldron85!! I'm very jealous of your Pinocchio VHS! (I've been looking for a VHS/DVD of it because I have yet to watch it in english... :roll: ). I'm also wondering what the sole Treasure you have is. :P

By they way, where did you get you're SOTS download? I have a download from Limewire, but its the worst quality in video I've ever seen. (Somone filming their TV playing SOTS!!) I'm looking for a good quality download...and I would buy a boot. DVD to save time and all, but I'm lacking in money. Much more spending from me, and I won't be able to buy Peter Pan! :(

Speaking of SOTS, requila, I'm loving your Brer Rabbit plush! Is it an antique, or from overseas?

-BB
The Brer Rabbit plush? Bought it this past summer in WDW just after riding Splash Mountain!!
WDW Trips: 1992,1997,2005,2006, 2007, 2008, 2009-10 (Disney's Port Orleans-Riverside), 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018 and 2022.
Disneyland Trips: 2008 (Disneyland Hotel) and 2016
Disney Cruises: 2007, 2010 (Wonder) and 2012 (Dream).
My Disney Movies http://connect.collectorz.com/users/peluche/movies/view
yamiiguy
Anniversary Edition

Post by yamiiguy »

reyquila wrote:
brotherbear wrote: Nice collection, blackcauldron85!! I'm very jealous of your Pinocchio VHS! (I've been looking for a VHS/DVD of it because I have yet to watch it in english... :roll: ). I'm also wondering what the sole Treasure you have is. :P

-BB
The Brer Rabbit plush? Bought it this past summer in WDW just after riding Splash Mountain!!
Wish I had it :P
No where on the net sells it