The Aristocats: 2-Disc (?) Special Edition DVD Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I don't think that there are enough features for the Aristocats to warrent a 2-disc collection.
Simba3
Collector's Edition

Post by Simba3 »

brotherbear wrote:

Oh, and I know this is a little OT for this thread, but what do you think the chances of Disney releasing a 2-Disk Oliver & Company are? I think that if anything, that film is deserving of a new release.

-BB
Yes, Oliver and Company definately deserves an update. It probably deserves a 2 disc treatment before The Aristocats. I was hoping for a 20th Anniversary Edition next year. And just because I am surprised that The Aristocats earned 2 disc treatment, doesn't mean I'm not really excited about it. 2 discs are always better than one.
Signature courtesy of blackcauldron85!!
yamiiguy
Anniversary Edition

Post by yamiiguy »

Well I hope it stays a 2-disc, if it doesn't in the USA there might be hope though, we still got 2-disc Tarzan and Lilo and Stitch
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

PixarFan2006 wrote:I don't think that there are enough features for the Aristocats to warrent a 2-disc collection.
I disagree. It may not be as popular as Disney's best, but it still goes through the same process from conception to completion. Commentaries by cast/crew/film historians, storyboard-to-film comparisons, deleted scenes, art galleries, featurettes on the voice talent, music production, publicity material, such as trailers, and a featurette on how this was the last film to enter production before Disney's death are just a few of the things that can be put into a 2-Disc collection. There are enough things to make a 2-Disc collection out of any of Disney's animated classics; the company's just too lazy to produce them.
- John
TonyWDA
Gold Classic Collection

The Aristocats Special Edition Trailer

Post by TonyWDA »

Would anyone like to see the trailer for The Aristocats? I recently recieved the Peter Pan Platinum Edition, and it contained the trailer.[/b]
Nandor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Nandor »

I'd love to see it. The region 2-version doesn't have the trailer, so I'd be grateful if you'd be willing to upload it ^^
Asante sana, squash banana, wewe nugu, mimi hapana.
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

If I can get the DVD, I don't expect to upload this trailer on YouTube.
TonyWDA
Gold Classic Collection

Post by TonyWDA »

Nandor wrote:I'd love to see it. The region 2-version doesn't have the trailer, so I'd be grateful if you'd be willing to upload it ^^
Of course! :D
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Just thought I'd let you guys know that The Aristocats: Special Edition, is listed under the May 2007 banner at my local Zellers store. (They have a big sign above the DVD's that has the next three months an 10 major releases under each month and the Aristocats is listed under may). It's been wrong in the past, but it may be a good sign.
danfrandes
Suspended

Post by danfrandes »

Do you think "The Aristocats Special Edition" should be released in May 2007 or 2008?
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

danfrandes wrote:Do you think "The Aristocats Special Edition" should be released in May 2007 or 2008?
Do you think it should be a one disc "Groovin' Jazz Edition" for the 35th Anniversary?
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Disneyfreak1990
Special Edition

Post by Disneyfreak1990 »

when is it coming out? first it was said to come in spring now it says coming soon.
TonyWDA
Gold Classic Collection

Post by TonyWDA »

SpringHeelJack wrote:
danfrandes wrote:Do you think "The Aristocats Special Edition" should be released in May 2007 or 2008?
Do you think it should be a one disc "Groovin' Jazz Edition" for the 35th Anniversary?
It's been MONTHS since I created that title, and danfrandes is still passing it off? Goodness. :headshake:
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I saw the trailer on my dvd. it was similar to the vhs' trailer.
TonyWDA
Gold Classic Collection

Post by TonyWDA »

PixarFan2006 wrote:I saw the trailer on my dvd. it was similar to the vhs' trailer.
I saw it as well, and it WAS the VHS trailer, just cropped to it's right ratio, and with different background music - except for Everybody wants to be a Cat of course.
danfrandes
Suspended

Post by danfrandes »

I was wondering, when do you think "The Aristocats: Special Edition" will be released in 2007?
disclosedtruth
Limited Issue

Post by disclosedtruth »

danfrandes wrote:I was wondering, when do you think "The Aristocats: Special Edition" will be released in 2007?
I think it will be released in 2009. :roll: Honestly though, people who enjoy the film will ideally want it out by this year but Disney is be unpredictable at this point.
TonyWDA
Gold Classic Collection

Post by TonyWDA »

disclosedtruth wrote:
danfrandes wrote:I was wondering, when do you think "The Aristocats: Special Edition" will be released in 2007?
I think it will be released in 2009. :roll: Honestly though, people who enjoy the film will ideally want it out by this year but Disney is be unpredictable at this point.
2009????!!!! :shock:

That cannot be. The trailer - and Disney - said it was THIS year.
RebelPrince1986

Aristocats

Post by RebelPrince1986 »

I can't believe this movie is getting a 2-Disc treatment when Tarzan only got 1 for it's re-release and we have yet to even see a re-release of Hunchback or Hercules. Disney is so strange sometimes.
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes
yamiiguy
Anniversary Edition

Re: Aristocats

Post by yamiiguy »

RebelPrince1986 wrote:I can't believe this movie is getting a 2-Disc treatment when Tarzan only got 1 for it's re-release and we have yet to even see a re-release of Hunchback or Hercules. Disney is so strange sometimes.
If you don't know, the Tarzan re-release was still 2-Disc in the UK so maybe if this gets reduced to 1-Disc then the 2-Disc will be released in the UK, I hope