The Aristocats: 2-Disc (?) Special Edition DVD Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
BambiFan87
Gold Classic Collection

Post by BambiFan87 »

wheres that disney rep. that promised us better special features than this I want to hear their excuse!
SwordInTheStone777
Special Edition

Post by SwordInTheStone777 »

I want to hear there sorry excuse as well.
Mermaid Kelly
Anniversary Edition

Post by Mermaid Kelly »

I've always liked this movie...I'm really happy it's getting 2disc treatment...and just in time for valentines day lol :lol:
Image Image
SwordInTheStone777
Special Edition

It's getting the 2-Disc treatment? where does it say that? The offical site is saying from the special features that it is a one disc, instead of 2.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

I hope I don't offend anyone in saying this, but this is soooooooooo dumb to me. All of these movies were made in our country so I feel like we should be getting the best editions we can (I also think that we should all get the same world-wide, but if we are going to get unequal editions then...). I feel like we are exporting better products than we are giving ourselves, which makes no sense what so ever! I just don't understand the logic, and why Disney insists on making it's loyal U.S. fans settle for crap!
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

singerguy04, I see what you're saying. I think that the releases should be the same worldwide. I don't understand why they're not. And, on top of that, some countries got releases that we never did- sure, sometimes one country will get a 1-disc DVD and another will get a 2-disc DVD of the same movie, but sometimes a country (or some countries) will get a release that we never got- I'm thinking of the "Pinocchio" SE from a few years back- the US never got that... :(

Does BVHE/WDHE think that some movies won't sell as well in other countries, so they give them a 2-disc set? Would people in England, for example, be less inclined to buy "Lilo & Stitch" if it was only available as a 1-disc DVD, but they thought that Americans would have no problem buying the 1-disc DVD, since the movie takes place in our country?

:roll: I just think it'd be fairer if everyone got the same releases...("But life isn't fair!")
SwordInTheStone777
Special Edition

Disney sounds kinda wishy-washy to me, they say one thing, then do another.
yamiiguy
Anniversary Edition

Post by yamiiguy »

Guess it isn't a 2-disc in Australia now, it's changed to No. Disks 1.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

We're about 3 weeks from Aristocats hitting the store shelves. Have there been any specific in-store bonuses announced yet for Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Future Shop, etc?
Simba3
Collector's Edition

Post by Simba3 »

Barbossa wrote:We're about 3 weeks from Aristocats hitting the store shelves. Have there been any specific in-store bonuses announced yet for Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Future Shop, etc?
With it just being a measly single disc release, I wouldn't expect a whole lot. We didn't get any retailer exclusives for Robin Hood or The Fox and the Hound in 2006.
Signature courtesy of blackcauldron85!!
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Barbossa wrote:We're about 3 weeks from Aristocats hitting the store shelves. Have there been any specific in-store bonuses announced yet for Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Future Shop, etc?
Store-exclusive material is reserved for big-name titles which are expected to sell a lot (thus, justifying a store exclusive), and Aristocats certainly isn't a big-name title. Given Disney's near-apathetic treatment of some of their big titles, I doubt Aristocats will get much more than a shiny tree-killing DVD condom.

Scaps
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Escapay wrote:I doubt Aristocats will get much more than a shiny tree-killing DVD condom.

Scaps
lol :lol: Safety first, eh? :lol: I guess there willl be bonuses with the 101 doggy release coming out a month later.
DisneyGirl22
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyGirl22 »

is the disney store doing any kind of presale right now on this movie or any other movie? i havent had a chance to go since beginning of december.
<I>You are allowed one signature image up to 500 pixels in width and 100 pixels in height. </i>
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/m ... y-todd.jpg
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by jrboy »

DisneyGirl22 wrote:is the disney store doing any kind of presale right now on this movie or any other movie? i havent had a chance to go since beginning of december.
nope, nothing for the aristocats, but they are doing lithographs for 101 dalmatians
DisneyGirl22
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyGirl22 »

jrboy wrote:
DisneyGirl22 wrote:is the disney store doing any kind of presale right now on this movie or any other movie? i havent had a chance to go since beginning of december.
nope, nothing for the aristocats, but they are doing lithographs for 101 dalmatians

cool ill be happy with that as well lol. thanks!
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

Since the DVD will be coming out next month, I have this one which I will be doing pretty soon is going to be the "Story of 'The Aristocats'". This was from the Disneyland LP, but I have it in my collection. I will be uploading that on YouTube but each side will be in separate parts, be patient. The best is yet to come.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Does anybody know if Wal-Mart will have 50 extra movie rewards points with Aristocats?
buffalobill
Anniversary Edition

Post by buffalobill »

BVHE-Rep wrote:The Aristocats Special Edition DVD, originally scheduled for a March 2007 release, is being delayed until Spring 2008. The good news is that the reason this is delayed is so Disney can add new, never before seen bonus features. The objective, of course, is to enhance the DVD and include more content for our consumers. We apologize for any disappointment this delay may have caused you, but hope you will enjoy this special edition release when it arrives in stores.
Having purchased the dvd could you please let me know where all the new, never before seen features went to?
15 gallon 7 pint blood donor as of 1-4-11. Done donating. Apparently having Cancer makes you kind of ineligible to donate.
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

I don't know if this is just with The Aristocats, but the restoration was just horrible. I'm not quite sure if it's the animation or the restoration though. It bugs me that there are shades of black in the color every other frame. For instance, the cats' owner's white hair: every other frame her hair has a random shade of black. It seems animators were too lazy to erase all of their sketch marks.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Blame the xerox machines, not the animators.