The Aristocats: 2-Disc (?) Special Edition DVD Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
TonyWDA
Gold Classic Collection

Post by TonyWDA »

BVHE-Rep wrote:The Aristocats Special Edition DVD, originally scheduled for a March 2007 release, is being delayed until Spring 2008. The good news is that the reason this is delayed is so Disney can add new, never before seen bonus features. The objective, of course, is to enhance the DVD and include more content for our consumers. We apologize for any disappointment this delay may have caused you, but hope you will enjoy this special edition release when it arrives in stores.
:jawdrop: Noooooooooooooo -- 2 Hours Later -- oooooooooooooooooo!

There better be 2 Discs with that "Special Edition" next year, because that's quite a wait for that film. :(
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

I'm also excited that they are holding it back a year to make it better. "The Aristocat's" isn't one of my top favorites, but I really like it and would deffinatley double dip if the bonuses were worthwhile and it was restored (especially if it gets matted into widescreen).

To everyone who is complaining about the possibility of it being reduced to just one disc, remember that 2-disc doesn't mean that you are getting lots of worthwhile bonus features. Disney has proven that they can make excellent single disc releases of animated films, as has also been stated.

And since there is only one non-Platinum 2007 animated classic release on the schedule, maybe this summer we will finally see that 2-disc edition of "Lilo & Stitch." Afterall, this July marks the 5th anniversary. And as many are hoping, maybe we will see a significantly improved release of "Hercules" by years end.
I'm currently watching and reviewing every Disney film in chronological order. You can follow along at my blog, The Disney Films, and also follow me on Twitter.
The Little Merboy
Special Edition

Post by The Little Merboy »

goofystitch wrote:And since there is only one non-Platinum 2007 animated classic release on the schedule, maybe this summer we will finally see that 2-disc edition of "Lilo & Stitch." Afterall, this July marks the 5th anniversary. And as many are hoping, maybe we will see a significantly improved release of "Hercules" by years end.
Yeah, I would rather have Hercules with loads of special features, before the Aristocats.
yamiiguy
Anniversary Edition

Post by yamiiguy »

goofystitch wrote: And since there is only one non-Platinum 2007 animated classic release on the schedule, maybe this summer we will finally see that 2-disc edition of "Lilo & Stitch." Afterall, this July marks the 5th anniversary. And as many are hoping, maybe we will see a significantly improved release of "Hercules" by years end.
Hopefully Hercules, The Hunchback of Notre Dame and The Rescuers duo, already have Lilo and Stitch :D
The Little Merboy
Special Edition

Post by The Little Merboy »

yamiiguy wrote:
goofystitch wrote: And since there is only one non-Platinum 2007 animated classic release on the schedule, maybe this summer we will finally see that 2-disc edition of "Lilo & Stitch." Afterall, this July marks the 5th anniversary. And as many are hoping, maybe we will see a significantly improved release of "Hercules" by years end.
Hopefully Hercules, The Hunchback of Notre Dame and The Rescuers duo, already have Lilo and Stitch :D
You read my mind :P
Simba3
Collector's Edition

Post by Simba3 »

yamiiguy wrote:
The Hunchback of Notre Dame would be great, but in the interview with Don Hahn he pretty much stated that a new release of Hunchback was not in the near future.
Signature courtesy of blackcauldron85!!
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Simba3 wrote:The Hunchback of Notre Dame would be great, but in the interview with Don Hahn he pretty much stated that a new release of Hunchback was not in the near future.
True, but when Disney released a four-disc extended edition of Narnia about eight months after they denied rumors of it, I stopped trusting what they said.
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

Any new news on this?

I'm really hoping it's still 2-Disc.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

I'm not really expecting much news about this release until The Jungle Book's PE comes out, although it would've been nice to have heard SOMETHING about it by now...
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

Yes,it's very likely we'll get a trailer for this on The Jungle Book PE.

I hope we can preorder The Aristocats and get lithos! :D
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

TonyWDA wrote:
BVHE-Rep wrote:The Aristocats Special Edition DVD, originally scheduled for a March 2007 release, is being delayed until Spring 2008. The good news is that the reason this is delayed is so Disney can add new, never before seen bonus features. The objective, of course, is to enhance the DVD and include more content for our consumers. We apologize for any disappointment this delay may have caused you, but hope you will enjoy this special edition release when it arrives in stores.
:jawdrop: Noooooooooooooo -- 2 Hours Later -- oooooooooooooooooo!

There better be 2 Discs with that "Special Edition" next year, because that's quite a wait for that film. :(
yeah if that's really why they delayed the release then this better be a pretty damn good Special Edition!!

I just hope that they dont put a bunch of useless stuff like cat-centric Disney shorts and the like
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

Courtesy of the BBFC!

ARISTOCATS - DVD BONUS COMPILATION Video Feature
Classified 12 September, 2007 . Run Time 31m 40s

00:07:52:15 ("SHE NEVER FELT ALONE"
00:06:37:03 BATH DAY
00:04:21:18 THE SHERMAN BROTHERS: THE ARISTOCRATS OF DISNEY SONG
00:12:48:12 (EXCERPT FROM THE GREAT CAT FAMILY)
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

:) :) :) YAY! This has to be a good sign that the DVD should be coming out soon...right?

Thanks so much for posting that, Ichabod!!!

Was "She Never Felt Alone" fully animated? Or will they show it on storyboards? I mean, I don't think it was fully animated.....but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

No, I think it would be storyboards (like Robin Hood's deleted scene), because After Snow White it wasn't until The Black Cauldron that Disney films had any scrapped animation. (to expensive to waste)
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Er ... are those the only bf* we'll be getting!? If so, they're rather meagre.

*bonus features, not bitch fights.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

What is Bath Day? maybe it's a new game or something...

I would really like for there to be a documentary of some kind on this, but who knows what we'll get honestly. I can easily see this being downgraded to single disc if they don't announce more special features.
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

Julian Carter wrote:Er ... are those the only bf* we'll be getting!? If so, they're rather meagre.
Well don't forget the previous UK edition had other bonus features the US never had, so they may be carried over as well (since the US never had them). Also the BBFC doesn't always classify all the bonus features at once.
singerguy04 wrote:What is Bath Day? maybe it's a new game or something...
It will be the Minnie Mouse/Figaro cartoon.
Simba3
Collector's Edition

Post by Simba3 »

That is really awesome news, it seems the re-release of The Aristocats has been on the back burner at Disney for far too long. Hopefully this means we might get a release date soon and more information on the DVD release.
Signature courtesy of blackcauldron85!!
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Groovin' Jazz Edition ... yeah!

*saysomethingichabodsaysomethingichabodsaysomethingichabod*
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

I really hope we get more special features! I love this film... :(

At least we know it's coming,though!

Thanks for the news!