Tinker Bell movie - official date: October 2007!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I've seen both the clips and they are so sweet! I love them! At first I thought this movie would be garbage, but after that I think it's so so sweet. I'd also like to make a note that I heard no talking. Just jingling bells and laughter.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Does anyone know if the clips are on YouTube?.
Anyway the weridest thing about this Disney Fairies franchise-from what i heard Peter didn't forgived TinkerBell after almost killing Wendy and in the movie he did :o why is he so angry on her? not forgiving her for ages? anyway this is werid.
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

Tinker Bell for blu-ray?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tinker-Bell-Blu ... 227&sr=1-1

How bizarre that Amazon.co.uk have a listing for 11 months away!
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Tinker Blu-ray

Post by Disney Duster »

Tinker Bell will indeed be for Blu-ray. Available to own October 28, 2008, according to Disney themselves.

<center>Image</center>
The tale of one of Walt Disney's most beloved characters begins in the all-new picture, ''Tinker Bell.'' Deep in the heart of Never Land, in a magical world called Pixie Hollow, a baby's first laugh brings Tinker Bell to life. And now for the first time ever Tinker Bell talks! Join our spunky heroine on her first adventure where she meets new fairy friends -- Rosetta the charming garden fairy, Silvermist the upbeat water fairy, Iridessa the perfectionist light fairy and Fawn the rascally animal fairy. Along with Clank and Bobbie, two bumbling tinker fairies, they'll help Tink learn to embrace her differences and celebrate her unique and special place in Pixie Hollow. Overflowing with spectacular CG animation and exciting bonus features, ''Tinker Bell'' is a magical adventure full of incredible secrets and wonders the whole family will enjoy. Rated: TBD.
This doesn't sound too bad. Hey, the baby's laugh thing is from the original Peter Pan! Now, the original Peter Pan also had Tinker Bell a fairy with fairy dust. Will they continue to call Tinker Bell a fairy when the original Disney film called her a pixie, and her sparkles fairy dust when it's pixie dust?
Special Edition

Post by 271286 »

As much as i hate sequels I feel diffirent about this one... I've only seen the first trailer... And as a mater of fact I watched it again the other day and wondered what happened to the movie... Im glad it was not shelved... I think it looks very sweet... It's gonna be interesting to see if a 3d movie can be as emotional as the 2d ones as so far most 3d movies has been comedys...
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Re: Tinker Blu-ray

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Ha,sounds very nice :D thanks Disney Duster :D.
About the baby's laugh-in the book Fairy Dust And The Quest For Egg they also said that's how a fairy is born.
Special Edition

Post by 271286 »

Where can i find the second trailer... I checked itunes last night and there is nothing...
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Disney Duster wrote:This doesn't sound too bad. Hey, the baby's laugh thing is from the original Peter Pan! Now, the original Peter Pan also had Tinker Bell a fairy with fairy dust. Will they continue to call Tinker Bell a fairy when the original Disney film called her a pixie, and her sparkles fairy dust when it's pixie dust?
Well, she lives in "Pixie Hollow". So she can be a Pixie and a Fairy perhaps. Just like people live in America and can be American and human.

It's just a suggestion.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

2099net wrote:Well, she lives in "Pixie Hollow". So she can be a Pixie and a Fairy perhaps. Just like people live in America and can be American and human.

It's just a suggestion.
Interesting. I like that. I suppose they could be interchangeable, but it makes one wonder why Disney changed her from a fairy to a pixie in the first place. You can't just throw out what Disney had in mind for the original film for a new franchise.

Anyway, the trailer called the stuff pixie dust. That's a good sign. But why s the book "Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg"....? I don't want to have to read it...
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Well,the auother didn't thought of that? (also in the sequel book they said that Peter didn't forgived TinkerBell after what she did to Wendy in the film (he still even banished her from NeverLand) so maybe she didn't thought of this things).
By the way-how's my new avater and siggy? should i keep this or switch back to Ariel on a magazine avagter and siggy? (about making something special for the Sleeping Beauty PE-when it will come out then i think i"ll find something to make an avater and siggy from).
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Aren't pixies and faries the exact same thing?
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

UmbrellaFish wrote:Aren't pixies and faries the exact same thing?
To me they are.... but I always thought of pixies being smaller.... but I don't really care :lol:
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

I think that fairies are more something like Flora,Founa and Merriweather (whatever you spell it,Enchanted Tales made me cofused),the Fairy Godmother and The Blue Fairy which are more something like witch and pixies live in flowers and a born in eggs and etc.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Have you seen the new trailer on disney.com? It features new animation. Here's the link: http://disney.go.com/fairies/movies/videos.html
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Siren
Platinum Edition

Post by Siren »

UmbrellaFish wrote:Aren't pixies and faries the exact same thing?
Truthfully, depends on the culture. Most cultures find pixies to be trouble-makers, playing pranks, sometimes even evil. While fairies were sweeter, and granted wishes. And many cultures do believe fairies were gifted with wings, but pixies do not have wings. Though the Cornish Blue Pixies in Harry Potter did have wings.

Pixie
Fairy
wrestling_stat
Gold Classic Collection

Post by wrestling_stat »

sotiris2006 wrote:Have you seen the new trailer on disney.com? It features new animation. Here's the link: http://disney.go.com/fairies/movies/videos.html

I love it. It is so beautiful and it gives you another persecptive (spelling) on the movie. I think it looks great. I love the trailer.

Ariel'sprince I love your avatar and siggy the way they are (Sleeping Beauty).
<i>You are allowed one signature image up to 500 pixels in width and 100 pixels in height. </i>
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d200/ ... banner.jpg
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

sotiris2006 wrote:Have you seen the new trailer on disney.com? It features new animation. Here's the link: http://disney.go.com/fairies/movies/videos.html
Thanks for posting that - it looks like it'll be a cute movie! I'm excited to see it, anyway! I wonder if any trailer will have Tinker Bell speaking in it, or if we'll have to wait until the movie comes out to hear her...
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

wrestling_stat wrote: Ariel'sprince I love your avatar and siggy the way they are (Sleeping Beauty).
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

I heard the sad news that Mae Whitman will be voice of Tinkerbell instead of Brittany Murphy. Last year, Brittany was scheduled to do the voice of Tinkerbell, but it didn't work.

Brittany was in such films as "Uptown Girls", "Happy Feet" and some others, but now she will not be doing the voice of Tinkerbell. :(

I guess she will bring a torch to Mae Whitman to do the voice acting as Tinkerbell as she talks for the first time in a Disney film.