Tinker Bell movie - official date: October 2007!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Concept Art for 'Pixie Hollow Games'
http://zaruhigalstianblog.blogspot.com/ ... -part.html
Last edited by Sotiris on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

LOVE your new signature Sotiris! Did you just take the little pictures from on disneystore.com? Or do you have high res versions of those pics?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

SWillie! wrote:LOVE your new signature Sotiris!
Thanks! :D

SWillie! wrote:Did you just take the little pictures from on disneystore.com? Or do you have high res versions of those pics?
Yes, I actually did find larger versions of the images. Here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/disneysexu ... otostream/
http://www.mediafire.com/?0jw71s6i5p35x56
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I wonder whether they'll make more TV specials.
Last edited by Sotiris on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disney Live On
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Disney Live On »

If there is a copy of Pixie Hollow floating around could some also PM me? Thanks. :D
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Last edited by Sotiris on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Disney Live On
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Disney Live On »

:D Very much enjoyed this one. I agree that it was storytelling at its most refined and so there were no real stops throughout the film but I think personally I'd have preferred something feature length where we saw more events, saw more of the other main fairies (especially Tink) and got to know a bit more about Chloe and where Rosetta's fear of dirt came from.

Sure what we have is a very tight little short film but a feature length film I think I would have enjoyed much more. Even if it only went for the minimum 60 minutes it would have allowed so much more wiggle room for character development.

Especially of the storm fairies because the female storm fairy (who by the way I still dont know her name after all this) looked like she could have had a really interesting back story to do with her motivation to be in the games and why she kept playing despite Rumble's ego exploding after winning for so many years in a row. Maybe they were best friends and became a winning team based on their determination but over the years it went sour and she is just hoping he will change but ultimately decides to help the garden fairies cause they are the true meaning of team. But instead she takes a back seat, as do all the new fairies and as such there isnt much point to them, especially since Tinkerbell and the secret of the wings has already been completed and therefore probably wont feature any of these new characters.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is I enjoyed it for what it is but it could have been so much more if they had extended the running time. Considering most Disney Channel movies run for a full hour and a half (including adds) there is no reason this couldnt have been the same.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I completely agree with the points you've made, Disney Live On. I felt the same way.

Btw, the storm fairy's name is Glimmer! :wink:
Disney Live On
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Disney Live On »

Thanks for that. I think her name may have been uttered once in the whole proceeding. lol. Whereas Rumble I remember cause he just kept saying it over and over. :lol:

Yeah Glimmer I was really excited to meet this time round and felt it was a shame she was so characterless. Like you got the vibe of the kind of character she was but really she needed more screen time to understand her relationship to the other fairies.

Also isn't it kind of funny we're now in the fourth instalment and suddenly there are healing fairies and storm fairies? I mean we knew there were winter fairies (who don't get any emphasis until the last film with the exception of brief appearances in the first and second films) but wouldn't you think we'd have met some of these other fairies by now as well??? :?
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

So, if Secret of the Wings is expected by the beginning of 2012...

How come there´s no information or places to pre-order it?
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

Thanks for the pm!

I have to agree with the above comments :lol: I did really enjoy the short and I really liked some of the new characters :)

I find it quite weird that Tink hardly spoke and I think she only said like 3 lines? But anyway I enjoyed it.

On Chloe, Brenda Songs voice really irritates me for some reason. It's just to squeeky :lol: I think her voice didn't really match her character and she didn't really look like the common fairy from pixie hollow!

The animation was excellent as always like the films. And I loved all games they participated in. It was so clever :P

Btw everyone, The short has now been posted on youtube.
Here are Part 1 and Part 2 :)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/b8ZEobI7Gu8?rel=0&hd=1" frameborder="0"></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dVtTtuPxix4?rel=0&hd=1" frameborder="0"></iframe>
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
supertalies
Special Edition

Post by supertalies »

Guess now we know why it wasn't called Tinkerbell and The Pixie Hollow Games :lol:

Tinkerbell had only 4 lines in it! It was mostly about Rosetta and Chloe. Which is kinda sad for Kristin Chenoweth, since her character had such a big role in this, and she didn't voice her.

However, I really like Megan Hilty and they really do sound alike :)
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Wow, that was just wonderful, even better than I was expecting !

Do you think there will be more like these ? Considering this one was so successful ?

I just cant bear the thought that the next film will be the last one ! :(
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

It appears that Secret of the Wings will also be released in 3D:

Does this means that the previous three movies will be post-converted and re-released in 3D? I suppose it all depends on how well the Blu-ray 3D release sells.

In other news:
Steve Hulett wrote:One staffer, working on one of the Tinker Bell features, said:

"We've been working on Tinker Bell #4, and we're going to be making Tinker Bell #5. Words out there that will be a #6.

"I'm happy with that. I'd be happy if they do a Tinkerbell #21. It's good to have steady work."

I can remember when word was out and about that eight or nine Tinkerbells were planned. The first feature sold 3.3 million copies, and the second did almost as well.

But at some point the idea of doing ten or twelve Tinkerbell features fell on hard times. I was informed that Rich Ross had gone through DisneyToons and the edict was passed down:

"We're making fewer of these."

Guess now they're maybe making more. (Or maybe the exact number was always hazy.)
Source: http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... udios.html

My guess is that they've decided to make more Tinker Bell movies because of the success of the TV special "Pixie Hollow Games".
Last edited by Sotiris on Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:57 am, edited 5 times in total.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Oh my goodness ! I am so so so so so so so happy at this news !!

It has made my day, thank you :D

I wonder then, if it will be converted to 3D, that it will be released in 3D over here in the cinema? All the others were cinema bound, and I think Tink and Pixie Hollow would look beautful in 3D.

And it is interesting how the more neutral marketing does seem to have worked ....
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:It has made my day, thank you.
No problem! :)
atlanticaunderthesea wrote:I wonder then, if it will be converted to 3D, that it will be released in 3D over here in the cinema?
Yes, I think it will.
atlanticaunderthesea wrote:And it is interesting how the more neutral marketing does seem to have worked
What do you mean by "neutral marketing"?
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Well, the fact they have gotten rid of the 'Tinker Bell and the.....' at the beginning of the title. Do you not think that has made an impact at all ?

And the Pixie Hollow Games is not very gender specific, is it ? I'm not saying the other filmd are 100% aimed at girls at all, just seems like they have pulled a 'Tangled' and it has worked.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:Well, the fact they have gotten rid of the 'Tinker Bell and the.....' at the beginning of the title. Do you not think that has made an impact at all ?

And the Pixie Hollow Games is not very gender specific, is it ? I'm not saying the other films are 100% aimed at girls at all, just seems like they have pulled a 'Tangled' and it has worked.
I'm not sure the special was successful because of the name change or the marketing. There was still the word "pixie" in it which is considered female-oriented. Also, in all of the trailers and TV promos, it was quite obvious that the special was about some girl fairies.
Patrick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Patrick »

I'm not entirely crazy about this series but I'm really anticipating the tie into Peter Pan. I hope it happens..

Is Pixie Hollow Games being released on blu ray sometime soon?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Patrick wrote:Is 'Pixie Hollow Games' being released on Blu-ray sometime soon?
It should be. Perhaps it will be released as a bonus feature on the upcoming Secret of the Wings Blu-ray. It is also possible it will get a stand-alone DVD-only release like Prep & Landing did (both specials are just 22 minutes long).

No information has been released as of yet. However, in Germany it has been officially confirmed that "Pixie Hollow Games" will be released on March 22, only on DVD and as a bundle with the previous 'Tinker Bell' films.