Tinker Bell movie - official date: October 2007!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
~Daniel~
Limited Issue

Post by ~Daniel~ »

Here's an intersting article, entitled, "A Tale of Two Tinker Bells".

http://www.o-meon.com/pages/news%26feat ... -22-07.htm
MagicMirror
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MagicMirror »

I think it would have been better for there to be a 'Tinkerbell' franchise in the form of shorts. They would have allowed her to keep her silence and can afford to be more innovative art-wise than films, particularly DTV films.

That said, it is great that they are trying to improve it (even though, in all honesty, I sha'n't be buying it :lol: ). John Lasseter seems to be improving standards at Disney.
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

Let's hope if "Tinkerbell" will have a DVD release starting in the Fall of next year.
Aladdin from Agrabah
Special Edition

Post by Aladdin from Agrabah »

I don't know if this is the right thread but I couldn't find anything else related to the Tinker Bell movie. Anyway, I bought "Peter Pan- 2-Disc Platinum Edition" today and saw the Tinker Bell Movie trailer so I thought some of you might be interested in taking a look at some screencaps.
There you go:

Last edited by Aladdin from Agrabah on Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
mariadny
Gold Classic Collection

Post by mariadny »

THIS IS HORRIBLE; POOR TINKERBELL¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
numba1lostboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by numba1lostboy »

I am floored. Aladdin, thank you so much! How did you get your copy so fast?

The screenshots look great. I am more and more impressed with this movie. It almost looks theatre-quality. I'm glad we finally get to see more of the actual movie.

Can't wait for Peter Pan!!!
Any other new info on the DVD? Do you think you could scan the artwork? Much appreciated!
:pan: Love It.
Clochette

Post by Clochette »

I really don't know what to think...

Some pic look ok (5 and 6), but others are really cheap and barbie-like. Maybe if they overwork it, it could become really good.
"To Love A Human Being Means To See The Face Of God"

"To Die Would Be An Awfully Big Adventure"

"I Do Believe In Fairies"
Aladdin from Agrabah
Special Edition

numba1lostboy wrote:I am floored. Aladdin, thank you so much! How did you get your copy so fast?

The screenshots look great. I am more and more impressed with this movie. It almost looks theatre-quality. I'm glad we finally get to see more of the actual movie.

Can't wait for Peter Pan!!!
Any other new info on the DVD? Do you think you could scan the artwork? Much appreciated!
You are welcome! :) In Greece, "Peter Pan: 2-Disc Platinum Edition" is out since the 15th of February. Considering this, I bought it quite late! :D
I would like to say more about the dvd but I didn't have the time to see everything, I only watched the movie once and saw the Tinker Bell trailer. I will say more about it when I get to see everything- but not here, in the Peter Pan thread. Unfortunately I can't scan anything since I don't actually have a scanner. But I don't think you would like to have a scan of the greek cover where the "Peter Pan" logo differs and looks like this:
I'm so glad you liked the screencaps!
Last edited by Aladdin from Agrabah on Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
myr_heille
Gold Classic Collection

Post by myr_heille »

Luckily for me, I did not see any Barbie movies so I can not say if it looks like it or not ;) But I am impressed by the quality of the visual. I am not really a Tinker Bell fan (although maybe that will change when I watch Peter Pan again next week!) but I will most certainly give this a look.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Wow! Thank you so much Al From Ag! You are lucky to get the DVD so early.

The pictures look wonderful; much better than I would have thought!

Could I trouble you to ask as to what the storyline was? And what they sounded like, the music etc??? That would be so wonderful if you could!

I agree, the Queen looks beautiful :)
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

Thanks a lot!!! IMO the screencaps are really gorgeous!!! And the queen looks beautiful. Tink could still need some more "on-modelness", but I really like it!
Aladdin from Agrabah
Special Edition

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:Could I trouble you to ask as to what the storyline was? And what they sounded like, the music etc??? That would be so wonderful if you could!
No trouble at all, it would be my pleasure! :)
The sneak peek only had a narrator and some music (but not songs). That means we're not gonna find out through that trailer what a speaking Tinker Bell sounds-and looks- like. The music is only instrumental- nothing special, it sounds just like any other music score for a movie trailer.
As for the storyline, the narrator says: "Welcome to Pixie Hollow, a place no mortal has ever entered... until now!"
Then, she continues with an introduction of some of Tinker Bell's fairy friends such as "Iridessa, sparkling light fairy, Rosetta, the beautiful garden fairy" and some more. She also informs us that Fairies have a queen, Clarion. Each fairy's mission is "to become wing maiden and spread imagination to the children of the world, using pixie dust". The narrator goes on to let us know that "something is dreadfully wrong; something that threatens the very existence of Pixie Hollow. Now, only Tinker Bell can save the world of fantasy. She must find the true magic of pixie dust!" and then she says that pixie dust is very real...if you believe.
As a conclusion, the narrator says: "Help Tinker Bell unlock the secrets of Pixie Hollow!".
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Aladdin from Agrabah wrote:
atlanticaunderthesea wrote:Could I trouble you to ask as to what the storyline was? And what they sounded like, the music etc??? That would be so wonderful if you could!
No trouble at all, it would be my pleasure! :)
The sneak peek only had a narrator and some music (but not songs). That means we're not gonna find out through that trailer what a speaking Tinker Bell sounds-and looks- like. The music is only instrumental- nothing special, it sounds just like any other music score for a movie trailer.
As for the storyline, the narrator says: "Welcome to Pixie Hollow, a place no mortal has ever entered... until now!"
Then, she continues with an introduction of some of Tinker Bell's fairy friends such as "Iridessa, sparkling light fairy, Rosetta, the beautiful garden fairy" and some more. She also informs us that Fairies have a queen, Clarion. Each fairy's mission is "to become wing maiden and spread imagination to the children of the world, using pixie dust". The narrator goes on to let us know that "something is dreadfully wrong; something that threatens the very existence of Pixie Hollow. Now, only Tinker Bell can save the world of fantasy. She must find the true magic of pixie dust!" and then she says that pixie dust is very real...if you believe.
As a conclusion, the narrator says: "Help Tinker Bell unlock the secrets of Pixie Hollow!".
Thank you so much for telling us what happens! Very clever of Disney not to include any voices, in case they change etc! The story sounds very intresting and exciting!

I'm looking forward to this more than ever!
Aladdin from Agrabah
Special Edition

You're welcome atlanticaunderthesea! Yeah, it sounds really interesting and it really was clever that they didn't use any voices but since Tinker Bell is officially Britany Murphy, I don't see why we couldn't hear her speak in the trailer. Anyway, I'm looking foward to this!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I am going to agree with you...... It looks like the same animation of Barbie FairyTopia...... I have not seen the movie of Barbie CGI Fairytopia but I have seen the commercials for it and I must say if you look at screen caps of that Barbie Movie you will see there is a for sure similairaty about the 2 movies..........
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
QueenRahel
Gold Classic Collection

Post by QueenRahel »

AW!!! i love the screenshots!!! tink looks sooooooo beautiful!!!! i am going to be lame and go do my makeup like hers in the pic where shes looking upwards!!! soooooooo CUTE :D
amazon980
Gold Classic Collection

Post by amazon980 »

was there anything on tlm3? on it
Aladdin from Agrabah
Special Edition

I updated my previous post with some new pictures from the sneak peek.
amazon980, no there was nothing on tlm3 on it but this is a greek release. Maybe the US or the UK release will have something on it!
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

Aladdin from Agrabah, I'm glad I saw your pics for the upcoming movie "Tinkerbell". I've seen it on the "Peter Pan" Platinum Edition DVD. I found three pics that are taken from the old Disney TV shows such as the "Wonderful World of Color" and the "Wonderful World of Disney". If you love Tinkerbell. Take a look at these pics. See what it looked like.

dalmation134
Gold Classic Collection

Post by dalmation134 »

Personally, I think that the CGI of Tinkerbell and Pixie Hollow or Haven or whatever its called looks gorgeous. I think I might rent this when it comes out. I'm not the biggest Tink fan so I don't think I would buy it.