Tinker Bell movie - official date: October 2007!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I hate to repeat myself. but this film has "Disaster" written all over it. They better not make Tinkerbell talk. I am avoiding this at all costs.
reyquila
Anniversary Edition

Post by reyquila »

PixarFan2006 wrote:I hate to repeat myself. but this film has "Disaster" written all over it. They better not make Tinkerbell talk. I am avoiding this at all costs.
I'm buying baby!!! Oh yeah!!!
WDW Trips: 1992,1997,2005,2006, 2007, 2008, 2009-10 (Disney's Port Orleans-Riverside), 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018 and 2022.
Disneyland Trips: 2008 (Disneyland Hotel) and 2016
Disney Cruises: 2007, 2010 (Wonder) and 2012 (Dream).
My Disney Movies http://connect.collectorz.com/users/peluche/movies/view
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

PixarFan2006 wrote:They better not make Tinkerbell talk.
I guess your out of luck then, because she is, sadly, talking. I wished from the moment that Disney said that she would talk, that they were just messing with us, but my wish didn't come true. I don't think I'll ever see this because Tinky talks. Has she ever talked before? No, so why break tradition? She wasn't even meant to talk, she only jingled. :evil:
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

I was also upset when I first heard that Tink would speak, but then I found out a little more about the movie. Apparently, she only talks to other fairies. Humans still hear bells. It's the same principle as the dogs in "101 Dalmatians" talking, but only to other animals. Humans hear barking. So I am ok with the fact that Tinker Bell will speak, however, I'm not too into the premise of this series to begin with. I'll at least give it a rental.
I'm currently watching and reviewing every Disney film in chronological order. You can follow along at my blog, The Disney Films, and also follow me on Twitter.
Ting Ting
Anniversary Edition

Post by Ting Ting »

I agree that Tink shouldn't talk. But if they have to make her have dialogue, does it HAVE to be Brittany Murphy doing the voice? No offense to her, I love the girl, but she's just not right for that role. I have the feeling that they're going to make Tinkerbell the ditzy blonde type, but I'm not going to judge until I've seen it.
TheNikki
Gold Classic Collection

Post by TheNikki »

I have to say that I was upset with a CGI Tink, but after seeing how amazing "Meet The Robinsons" looked, I've got hope again. Of course I'm sure the animation won't be that great since it was a theatrical release, but I hope it's decent.
TM2-Megatron
Anniversary Edition

Post by TM2-Megatron »

I have to agree with all the people here who've expressed the opinion that this movie sounds terrible. Even putting aside the sickening degree of merchandising, I honstly can't see what a Tinkerbell movie could be about. Personally, I never found her character to be that fascinating. I can appreciate the fact she appears as part of the Disney logo sometimes, but that doesn't her character warrants an entire movie.

Also, I think CGI was a poor choice for this movie. I think I've seen Tinkerbell rendered in CG before, and it looked like crap. Though I'm sure the animation in a movie would be superior, it just doesn't seem like the right medium for Tinkerbell to be in. Diseny really has to learn to choose the best animation style for each individual project.
numba1lostboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by numba1lostboy »

Many of us have seen Tink as CGI before.

The Disney DVD logo that plays before the movie on many of their DVDs has a CGI Tink flying around, magically creating the logo.
:pan: Love It.
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

TheSequelofDisney wrote: I don't think I'll ever see this because Tinky talks. Has she ever talked before? No, so why break tradition? She wasn't even meant to talk, she only jingled. :evil:
Actually she has.

Have you ever seen "Hook"? There was even a "Peter Pan and the Pirates" cartoon where she was voiced by Debi Derryberry, the voice of Jimmy Neutron.

She even talked in the original Peter Pan novelization. She just didn't talk in the play, and that was because they couldn't pull it off on stage.

I'm very happy with Disney. They're actually adapting from the novelization more than the play, meaning they're trying different things. Disney should at least get an A for effort!
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

Post by Ariel'sprince »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:wow!

I'm really, really excited about this!! The movie I mean, not all of the merchandise!

:D
But you can get a TinkerBall doll :D.
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

Don't bring back old threads unless you have something important to say... :roll:
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

PeterPanfan wrote:Don't bring back old threads unless you have something important to say... :roll:
But i do!-it will be realesed in fall 2008.
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

numba1lostboy wrote:Many of us have seen Tink as CGI before.

The Disney DVD logo that plays before the movie on many of their DVDs has a CGI Tink flying around, magically creating the logo.
Yep! That's why I post a pic on the Photo section of the Closing Logo Group at Yahoo!

I'm really if I can buy the movie "Tinkerbell" when it comes out, I will check that out.
Ariel'sprince wrote:But i do!-it will be released in fall 2008.
No! It's coming out in October of this year.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Actually, it has been postponed till next fall. I'm not exactly too sure why though, but it was announced on the board somewhere.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

PixarFan2006 wrote:I hate to repeat myself. but this film has "Disaster" written all over it. They better not make Tinkerbell talk. I am avoiding this at all costs.
She talked in the books,why not in the film?.
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

This isi according to IMDb that "Tinkerbell" will be coming out next fall of 2008. It's going to take another year for this film. But it says "2008" on that "Tinkerbell" movie.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

musicradio77 wrote:This isi according to IMDb that "Tinkerbell" will be coming out next fall of 2008. It's going to take another year for this film. But it says "2008" on that "Tinkerbell" movie.
Disney Consumer Products said it's fall 2008,don't listen to IMDB.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Disney Channel just aired a short animated clip featuring Tinker Bell (in CGI, of course). She was playing with a jingle bell. They stayed true to her personality...it was cute.

Afterwards, they mentioned Disney Fairies and its website.

Just figured I'd share.
purin
Gold Classic Collection

Post by purin »

I saw the one with the light fairy with the "doggie" fireflies. It was pretty cute. Wow, the talking part is going to slap me in the face when I finally see it.

(... I prefer Fira, though. Has it ever been said why the movie doesn't use the same fairies as the books, even though both have the concept of talents, and a similar cast with a water fairy, an animal fairy, etc? If Disney was so keen on this coinciding with the Disney Fairies line to the point of freaking out over delays, it would have made sense for the characters to be the same. It's less of a big deal when Tinkerbell has different friends.)
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... onora.html

Upstairs at Disney Toons, they've done their third pass of the Tinkerbell feature, and John Lasseter is allegedly happy with the way it's shaping up. As a couple of artists said:

"We're moving fast on the project, and they've already shipped big chunks of it overseas for production, but John seems to be into it..."

The first of the three sequels beyond Tink The Movie is already into its second pass and racing right along. The initial feature is, I believe, due to hit a Wal-Mart or video outlet near you the last quarter of 2008. The next three will no doubt be released in the years thereafter.